Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Tobynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone explain me, were I can find the coordinates of the "Nand emulation Button"? I´m searching and searching and .... but I can´t find it, in the theme.ini :(

@ Fix: I´ve got an idea, doen´t know if its possible or if you want to code something in this direction....
Theres a cable to control some Gamecube-games with a Gameboy Adcance. Whats about that cable, the GBA and Wiiflow? Is it possible to control the Wiiflow-menu with that? And if it´s possible, whats about the screen of the GBA? I think it could be cool, if you plugin the GBA and see the banner of selected games on the GBA-screen. Or the backside of a cover or what else...
What do you think?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds crazy tobynator you.would need an app on the gba to make it work

Probably easier to implement an Android or iOS app which would.kick.ass btw

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those of you who are blaming "the loader" please bear in mind that it is developed by Fix94 and others at no cost to you. I think that Wiiflow is a brilliant piece of software, which has been built incredibly well by a series of people who have done it for the love of it. If you would like to pay Fix94 lots of money then I'm sure he would spend every waking hour developing exactly what you want, with squeaky-clean code. Give the guy a break!

Reactions: 8 people

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since the rev 571 the loader is working pretty good for me, im playing gc and wii games with no problem, the only thing is that since rev 568 the music on the loader stop working but that is not a big thing :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Where the hell is the mod11.dol for plugins on the SVN? I looked in branches but I think that's for Plugin Pack v4 and I searched around in Trunk but just couldn't find it.. can somebody point me in the right direction I'm trying to do some testing myself with the new plugin .dol's.

And does anyone else run WiiFlow from a primary second NTFS partition? I have my roms in my first primary Partition (FAT32 32k clusters) along with my emunand & GC games, but SNES9xGX and GenPlusGX were dumping on me or sending me back to SM, however FCEUGX & VbaGX were performing great. This was all done with r523 using advanced plugins setup and Source menu (I'm updating to r574 now :P). [member='Fix94'] do you recommend I move WiiFlow over to my first partition? I haven't because I heard performance for NAND emulation is improved if WiiFlow is on a seperate partition but I don't know if that's valid anymore. I use savegame emu and NAND emu often.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where the hell is the mod11.dol for plugins on the SVN? I looked in branches but I think that's for Plugin Pack v4 and I searched around in Trunk but just couldn't find it.. can somebody point me in the right direction I'm trying to do some testing myself with the new plugin .dol's.

And does anyone else run WiiFlow from a primary second NTFS partition? I have my roms in my first primary Partition (FAT32 32k clusters) along with my emunand & GC games, but SNES9xGX and GenPlusGX were dumping on me or sending me back to SM, however FCEUGX & VbaGX were performing great. This was all done with r523 using advanced plugins setup and Source menu (I'm updating to r574 now :P). [member='Fix94'] do you recommend I move WiiFlow over to my first partition? I haven't because I heard performance for NAND emulation is improved if WiiFlow is on a seperate partition but I don't know if that's valid anymore. I use savegame emu and NAND emu often.

Thanks go to Maxternal for pointing me in the right direction on the same question...

http://open-wiiflow-mod.googlecode.com/svn-history/r563/branches/Plugins/Binaries/fceugx-mod11.dol

http://open-wiiflow-mod.googlecode.com/svn-history/r563/branches/Plugins/Binaries/snes9xgx-mod11.dol

http://open-wiiflow-mod.googlecode.com/svn-history/r563/branches/Plugins/Binaries/vbagx-mod11.dol

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If somebody got problems with booting wii games how about testing r574:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jbod69q1awfk37x

r574 seems to have fixed my issues with booting Wii games. Thank you!!!!

One other issue I seem to be having is installing the hidden channel wad in the plugins pack. I always errors out on me when I try to install it. I have tried redownloading and reinstalling it but install always errors out. I also encounter this issue when I try to install your default forwarder wad. Running OS X 10.7 if that matters.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i got to say is thanks fix, everything appears to be working fine for me now! very very nice work, it is very appreciated.

r575 tested with emunand, emusave for wii games. did not try DM but im sure it works just fine.

jacobas92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r574 works perfectly for me also, I have one question though.

How do I get GC cheats to work? Are they supposed to work as-is? I've been trying to get them to work on multiple games (super mario sunshine, SSBM, paper mario) but cannot get them to work.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I can also confirm that 574 is very stable so far,
My only issue is slowdowns and crashes with coverflows that are extremely crowded with tiny covers.
Also figured out that the theme ini files can get corrupted, my problems with themes are solved once I redownloaded the official pack.
Thanks very much for a very stable piece of software that looks pretty too :)

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I said use r571 from above.

Thanks.
Tried it. But unfortunately same issues with diosmios.
Skies of Arcadia has a blue screen (wrong video mode); Harvest Moon results in a green screen...
Tried in parallel with other loaders and the games are working with CFG, USB Loader GX, etc.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Thanks.
Skies of Arcadia has a blue screen (wrong video mode); Harvest Moon results in a green screen...
Tried in parallel with other loaders and the games are working with CFG, USB Loader GX, etc.

May I ask what settings do you use with SoAL on CFG?Because,whatever method I tried,SoAL (and many other 50hz PAL games) give me thw wrong video mode screen or black screen...

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Thanks.

May I ask what settings do you use with SoAL on CFG?Because,whatever method I tried,SoAL (and many other 50hz PAL games) give me thw wrong video mode screen or black screen...

The default settings. =)
I didn't changed anything concerning the settings.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@[member='papermanzero']

This is weird...Because I tried every possible setting with no luck.For reference,I am using a PAL Wii (with component cable) and PAL isos...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The video setup of GX is totally wrong and should not be used, crediar said that, so I cant really suggest to do that what he did there in cfg-loader since thats way more wrong than every other mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol