Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks fix. Do you know if it's safe to increase anti-aliasing from the default 3? I usually set mine to 5 so the displays look better.
That doesnt matter so its safe, since it just sets the passes how often things are rendered.
I removed some of the coverflows I didn't like and I am able to exit w/o hanging. I deleted the wiiflow.ini and let it recreate and only changed a few items like exiting to the System menu, default video mode to System instead of Game since I have better results that way and bumped up anti-aliasing to 5. I also changed extended_list_check to no since it starts up faster on my big collection. I can run games okay and they no longer hang/code dump. So at least some of it appears to be related to too many coverflows.

When I click on the lists icon I get a message saying 'Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found a valid NAND for NAND emulation. Click Extract to extract your NAND, or click disable to disable NAND Emulation.' When I click the disable button it hangs. I changed the wiiflow.ini section to disable NAND and homebrew. When I reboot and try it again I get the same message but if I clieck disable it brings me to the homebrew coverflow.

Then I click lists again and it gives me a screen that says 'Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any plugins. Select partition to select your partition type.' I think it should read - Select the partition with your plugins. in any case when I select USB1 it does some disk activity and dumps me at the system menu.

Also - clicking B on the lists icon brings me to the NAND screen where I click disable and can then click the list icon again to get to the plugins but it gives me the same select partition screen and when I select the USB1 hard disk it again dumps me in the system menu.

I checked a working copy of wiiflow.ini and it had a plugins section that wasn't automatically created when the wiiflow.ini was deleted. I tried manually adding that section but it didn't help.

When I use a copy of wiiflow.ini that was working in r522 it correctly displays the plugins menu when I click B on the lists icon. I don't know what setting in the ini controls that. Likewise when I use the older wiiflow.ini if I click the lists icon it doesn't ask me about the NAND or disabling it. So that is a start.

But after clicking B on the lists icon to bring up the plugins page or if I click the lists icon to get to the plugins I get dumped back to the system menu (or HBC if I ran WiiFlow from there).

Could this still be a memory issue from too many coverflows?

Edit: I removed all but 1 main coverflow so it shouldn't overflow memory and I can't get the emulation coverflow to work at all, it just dumps me back to the system menu/HBC. If anyone has a working wiiflow.ini that allows access to the plugins in r571 I would really appreciate it you could share it. I really want to get this rev working :) Thanks.

Also if anyone knows what sections to add in wiiflow.ini to get b-lists/plugins working I would really appreciate if you could pass that on as I will try it again with a clean default created wiiflow.ini.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
May you guys can test r568:
http://www.mediafire...d61kg0qw1bpcqqb
I know its maybe strange the dol is 700kb bigger but that gives us better debugging and better speed, so I'm sure you can deal with it :P
Who gives a shit how much bigger it is anyway :P lol
In all seriousness I don't care how big it is as long as it performs better in the end, no need to fret over size ;). I'm still using r523 Fix, as soon as I get my setup working the way I'd like and make sure that it's not user error on my end that's giving me problems, I'll do a real update to make sure everything works well. I pretty much just wanted to check out the new hotness and saw a couple of banners in action and went back to 523 to tweak things cuz I thought it was pretty stable :D

Thanks for all your hard work Fix, the banner animaiton IMO is great. And many people here will say F**K what I say, but for real taking a couple of days hell even a week off, will give you a fresh set of eyes man. You've been on a madman cycle and many of us here thank you, but indeed a little rest & relaxation might be just what you and WiiFlow need ;)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, if I go back to the r522 dol it all works fine, I can get to emulation and the plugins all run and exit back to WiiFlow using the same wiiflow.ini so it has to be something in the newer version of WiiFlow.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding r563 (updated fceugx, snes9xgx and vbagx to mod11, updated to latest
svn that they dont annoy people with new updates available message)...

Does anyone have a download link for the mod v11 files so the update message doesn't always get displayed?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Regarding r563 (updated fceugx, snes9xgx and vbagx to mod11, updated to latest
svn that they dont annoy people with new updates available message)...

Does anyone have a download link for the mod v11 files so the update message doesn't always get displayed?
fceugx
snes9xgx
vbagx

They DOL's were committed to the trunk.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r571 for you:
http://www.mediafire...27qo5g88ayf7box
If its not stable for some people, use the default wiiflow.ini and settings, there is a reason why I decided which default ones to use and you'll see how well it works then. Currently it just makes problems to use other options, and no I got no idea why so stop telling me something doesnt work, thanks for testing, hopefully I'll hear more positive results like in r568.

FIX94,

Just wanted to report that r571 and r568 don't seem to boot Wii games as well as r556 does for me. The more recent builds boot to a black screen unless I manually set ios for each game. I have tried deleting gameconfig1.ini and gameconfig2.ini in /wiiflow/settings, all WDM files /wiiflow/codes/wdm, /wiiflow/cache/lists, and also apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini - but this doesn't seem to resolve my issue with the more recents builds.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r571 for you:
http://www.mediafire...27qo5g88ayf7box
If its not stable for some people, use the default wiiflow.ini and settings, there is a reason why I decided which default ones to use and you'll see how well it works then. Currently it just makes problems to use other options, and no I got no idea why so stop telling me something doesnt work, thanks for testing, hopefully I'll hear more positive results like in r568.

FIX94,

Just wanted to report that r571 and r568 don't seem to boot Wii games as well as r556 does for me. The more recent builds boot to a black screen unless I manually set ios for each game. I have tried deleting gameconfig1.ini and gameconfig2.ini in /wiiflow/settings, all WDM files /wiiflow/codes/wdm, /wiiflow/cache/lists, and also apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini - but this doesn't seem to resolve my issue with the more recents builds.
I had a similar problem until I removed a number of coverflows in my themes/default.ini file. Looks like it is a memory issue with too many coverflows loaded at the same time. Try removing all but 1 coverflow and see if it fixes the problem.

Also I had to set my default video mode to 'System' (page 3 of settings) and most all games ran fine then. But the big issue looks like too much memory used by the themes/coverflows.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Tested 571 today:
1. EmuNand wiiware running fine with Auto IOS and returning to wiiflow (Wii Games mode) - great improvement here
2. New Emu-mod11 working great with no nag screen :) - also tested with PL4
3. Banners caching correctly, custom banners work fine too
4. A bug I found which seems to be old is a serious problem in detecting themes (I tested that yesterday while checking the new starnight theme and found out that WiiFlow don't see the Default theme and Carbonik theme (maybe others as well) so I had to edit wiiflow.ini to change the theme - if only default and carbonik are present WiiFlow codedumps when the theme is changed as soon as the button is pressed.
Theme bug also found in rev546 and in 528 too!
5. Many black screens when launching Wii Games with default settings (default being "Game" or "System") even when changing settings for individual games to "Game" or "System" black screens too. (I deleted all cache and ini to make sure)

Thanks everyone for the great hard work :)

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiFlow has some problems with DiosMios (especially concerning compatibility).

If you compare USB Loader GX with Wiiflow, USB Loader GX can run more games than WiiFlow Mod 522.
Wiiflow cannot boot following PAL games: Skies of Arcadia Legends (wrong TV format and blue screen with WiiFlow), Mario Golf Toadstool Tour (blackscreen after DiosMios Logo), Harvest Moon - A wonderful Life (blackscreen after DiosMios Logo).
USB Loader GX is working without any issue if you try these games.
Furthermore USB Loader GX support more functionalities (Wii LED Light etc.).

It would be great if Wiiflow Mod could reach the same level of compatibility and functionality.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Mario Golf Toadstool Tour (blackscreen after DiosMios Logo), .

I so wanted this to be untrue, but it is true :( I tested and tested and tested again my rip and it will not boot past DM splash screen no matter what options or video modes I enable/disable :(

Although I don't get a black screen, DM loads up from wiiflow, the disc slot spins up, lights up, spins down, light turns off and hangs at DM logo, everytime.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

I so wanted this to be untrue, but it is true :( I tested and tested and tested again my rip and it will not boot past DM splash screen no matter what options or video modes I enable/disable :(

Although I don't get a black screen, DM loads up from wiiflow, the disc slot spins up, lights up, spins down, light turns off and hangs at DM logo, everytime.

I agree with you 100%.Mario Golf does not load for me every method I tried.I even thought that this is a DM compatibility issue.
But the most annoying problem is the PAL 576i games problem.SoAL,BG&E,PoP WW,Splinter Cell,Rayman 3 do not display any image.Fix,please do this a priority! :)
Finally,r571 is ultimately broken for me.Every game I tried to load from USB returned me to HBC...I returned to my previous revision and everything was working fine again! (OK,except the VC/Wiiware games from emunand...)

Reactions: 1 person

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was playin spiderman shattered dimensions on 522, all went fine until the kraven level after he starts sniping you. About 15 minutes in, the insert disc screen came up as if the disc were ejected. I don't think it was a wiiflow problem, but has anyone else got this and is there a fix?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you compare USB Loader GX with Wiiflow, USB Loader GX can run more games than WiiFlow Mod 522.
Compatility is exactly the same since we use the same code, and DIOS-MIOS itself makes compatility differences, NOT the loader, so you may refresh game cache and try again with the latest rev.

Reactions: 1 person

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In zelda OOT + MQ [D43E01] : if you use real GC memory card, when you save it says saving then shuts down the wii... is that right? I'm playing master quest and just wanted to save my progress and carry on but it shut down everything. I just restarted and my progress is saved but I just thought it was weird??

OK just changed settings in wiiflow to NMM disabled and it works as expected now... DERP.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
noticed you swapped the PLAY and BACK on the full banner view, nice stuff.
Quality.
1. EmuNand wiiware running fine with Auto IOS and returning to wiiflow (Wii Games mode) - great improvement here
Good to hear, but its not running at all off sd, is your emunand on usb?
5. Many black screens when launching Wii Games with default settings (default being "Game" or "System") even when changing settings for individual games to "Game" or "System" black screens too. (I deleted all cache and ini to make sure)
The thing I noticed is that if you change a setting then load the game it will blackscreen the first load anyway... its always the second attempt (after turning wii off at blackscreen and then power back on) where the game loads.
At least this is what I notice, maybe check a few of the games that blackscreen when video setting changed and load them twice, so once again after you blackscreen.
I'd be interested to hear if any of the games which blackscreened first work the second attempt. I assumed from what FIX94 has said recently that its caused by memory corruption though I think its been this way before FIX94 started the mod.

Thanks FIX94 for the improvements. Appreciate all the time and effort put into this. :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
See? Most likely user errors :P Yea we have to fight against memory corruption since the very beginning. The missing BG Music problem which is there like a year or longer - thats memory corruption.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Compatility is exactly the same since we use the same code, and DIOS-MIOS itself makes compatility differences, NOT the loader, so you may refresh game cache and try again with the latest rev.

I did that already. So I don't agree ...
... It's a loader issue.

I even deleted whole wiiflow and made a fresh installation.
USB Loader GX and CFG are starting the listed games without problem (with the same diosmios).
Especially the blue screen for Skies of Arcadia is loader related (this was already an issue for other loaders, however they already fixed the problem)

Game compatibility should be the first priority for a usb loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...