Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Well they're standalone apps and one doesn't interfere with the other from what I've been reading so you wouldn't need to install/un-install anything with DM in order to use devo.
Thats correct, no need for DIOS-MIOS.
LOL!! Dios-Mios is spanish is a play on words for my God.. so to me the line read "That's correct, no need for my God" it made me chuckle

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so I've ripped my game ISOs using USBLoader GX for use with DIOS MIOS. Will Devolution accept these rips as long as they are verified?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Wait, so I've ripped my game ISOs using USBLoader GX for use with DIOS MIOS. Will Devolution accept these rips as long as they are verified?
It depends if it compressed them or not. It has to be a full size 1:1 rip.
You could always find out. Try to run them and if it the verification process fails, it didn't work.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i choose an emulator from the source menu, the favorite button doesn't work for roms, It would be nice to get it working. It works for Gamecube and wii games at best.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Whatever I tried, Wiiflow r578 don't let me load DM games from USB.Whenever I try to load a game,Wiiflow forces me to copy the game to SD card.I suppose something must have been altered in Wiiflow.ini.
What can I do?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they're standalone apps and one doesn't interfere with the other from what I've been reading so you wouldn't need to install/un-install anything with DM in order to use devo.
Thats correct, no need for DIOS-MIOS.

Except the fact one still needs the original discs.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started up 579 with the hdd not connected and the music worked, but when I connected the hdd, the music fails to play. One other thing I noticed, I tried deleting a wii game, and it only deleted the cover, even though the option for deleting the game was on in the wiiflow ini.

Also, I fail to see the need for devolution. What games does it play that DM doesn't? Also, the verification thing throws me. What if I want to run import games? If someone verifies one of their games, and then transfers their devolution settings to another wii, will it work?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First of all,I cannot manage to load a Devolution game with r578.I placed loader.bin in sd/wiiflow folder and I ripped PSO II with Cleanrip.I created a folder named GPOP8P with the GPOP8P.iso and placed it inside the USB:/games folder,the same folder with the DM games.Wiiflow cannot detect the new game.Obviously I am doing something wrong but I have no clue...

Finally,it seems that launching DM games is now broken.Whenever I try to load a GC game,Wiiflow wants to copy the game in the SD card.

Please,HELP!!!!

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Also, I fail to see the need for devolution. What games does it play that DM doesn't?
Devolution supports audio streaming, which means that you can play games like Star Fox Adventures and Eternal Darkness complete with the dialog and background music. Without it, those sounds are muted. Devolution also works with a few games which are problematic with DIOS MIOS.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all,I cannot manage to load a Devolution game with r578.I placed loader.bin in sd/wiiflow folder and I ripped PSO II with Cleanrip.I created a folder named GPOP8P with the GPOP8P.iso and placed it inside the USB:/games folder,the same folder with the DM games.Wiiflow cannot detect the new game.Obviously I am doing something wrong but I have no clue...

Finally,it seems that launching DM games is now broken.Whenever I try to load a GC game,Wiiflow wants to copy the game in the SD card.
At first, the games need to have the name "game.iso" still as with DIOS-MIOS, nothing changed there in the wiiflow game detection. Also, for DIOS-MIOS use r579, I made some stupid bug before.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

At first, the games need to have the name "game.iso" still as with DIOS-MIOS, nothing changed there in the wiiflow game detection. Also, for DIOS-MIOS use r579, I made some stupid bug before.
Ι think that's what I did.The game (PSO II for example) has the name GPOP8P.iso and I put it in the GPOP8P folder inside the usb:/games.

Also,Fix can you compile 579 and post it here?I don't know how to compile myself.PLEASE...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: