Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked about this before and never really got any help, but I'm having trouble getting my friend's WD hdd to launch games using dios mios. Wii games work fine, dml works fine, everything else on the hdd works, but DM freezes at the booter screen. So is it the hdd, or is it DM that has the problem?

your setup should be fat32 32 clusters ONLY , primary active , install a new BCv6 and install the latest DM 2.0 wad from google, if not u need to check a different game , also try turning nmm off,

also read thru this. https://code.google....osmios/wiki/FAQ

Is there any way to make it 32 clusters without taking everything off and putting it back on?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coverColor=ff0000 //This is the cover color in hexadecimal of the games that use this plugin. So you can tell the difference between a SNES game and a SEGA game. Most of the time it's just the spine of the cover that is colored. I believe there's only 5 choices - ff0000 red, 000000 black, ffffff white, fcff00 yellow, 01a300 green.

There is a sixth.

00E360 = green 2

;)
i have mine as black, i've also use blue for my sega covers.i think as long as you use hex for the colors they show up. also the wording can be chaneged.( game names/ font colors). i have those as a purple/magenta,looking color.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coverColor=ff0000 //This is the cover color in hexadecimal of the games that use this plugin. So you can tell the difference between a SNES game and a SEGA game. Most of the time it's just the spine of the cover that is colored. I believe there's only 5 choices - ff0000 red, 000000 black, ffffff white, fcff00 yellow, 01a300 green.

There is a sixth.

00E360 = green 2

;)
Thanks Kiiwii, you're right. I will change that. :)

@[member='shortz1994'] I think you are referring to the title font color.

Reactions: 1 person

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

There is a sixth.

00E360 = green 2

;)
i have mine as black, i've also use blue for my sega covers.i think as long as you use hex for the colors they show up. also the wording can be chaneged.( game names/ font colors). i have those as a purple/magenta,looking color.
That's neat that you can change the game names/font colors. Can u give a small example in a spoiler of what I need to change or add to the ini please.

failburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, have you updated the cache yet? (in the home button menu) while in the plugins coverflow

Thanks for the help. I've found the problem now. It doesnlt seem to like the roms having an extension of only 2 characters, eg the virtual boy roms were .vb, sg1000 were .sg, and gamegear were.gg

What was your solution, just change them to *.zips?

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, have you updated the cache yet? (in the home button menu) while in the plugins coverflow

Thanks for the help. I've found the problem now. It doesnlt seem to like the roms having an extension of only 2 characters, eg the virtual boy roms were .vb, sg1000 were .sg, and gamegear were.gg

As per my later post, changing to zips seemed to work, so I then jumped the gun, and assumed that was the problem, but it turned out that didn't work for the gamegear or sg-1000 games, so although patially successful, there is no bug, and this was not really a solution. As Maxternal (I think) pointed out, Gameboy games have always worked and they have .gb extension.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As per my later post, changing to zips seemed to work, so I then jumped the gun, and assumed that was the problem, but it turned out that didn't work for the gamegear or sg-1000 games, so although patially successful, there is no bug, and this was not really a solution. As Maxternal (I think) pointed out, Gameboy games have always worked and they have .gb extension.

Hey, stupid question.. did you ever add the extensions for your game gear roms and sg-1000 roms to your .ini file?

Just curious, because by default there not there. Here's whats included in pluginpack 3 by default, and what should be added in red.

fileTypes=.gen|.md|.zip|.gg|.sg|.sms

Reactions: 1 person

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is a sixth.

00E360 = green 2

;)

no i'm referring to the covers an the fonts/game names. i can change them to what ever color i want. as long as it's hex. i have had my covers(game cases). all sorts of colors. from black,dark forest green,cyan,purple,...ect. fonts i change when i switch between themes. though it's a pain in the ass cause i have to do it from my sd card in the "main" ini.(?)(taking it in an out when doing it.)
i use www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm just for referrence. so i know what to use.(color codes for hex)

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country

Hey, stupid question.. did you ever add the extensions for your game gear roms and sg-1000 roms to your .ini file?

Just curious, because by default there not there. Here's whats included in pluginpack 3 by default, and what should be added in red.

fileTypes=.gen|.md|.zip|.gg|.sg|.sms

Yeah, I did but thanks for the suggestion anyway. Guess I'll have to live without these games, unless they just start working one day. That's what strangely happened with my movie covers.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yeah, I did but thanks for the suggestion anyway. Guess I'll have to live without these games, unless they just start working one day. That's what strangely happened with my movie covers.
Something that was brought up over on the setup thread, there were things not being found because of putting in a backslash \ like windows uses instead of a slash / like it should be in the INI files for stuff. I guess just check to make sure the romDir= isn't put in that way by accident.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is a sixth.

00E360 = green 2

;)

no i'm referring to the covers an the fonts/game names. i can change them to what ever color i want. as long as it's hex. i have had my covers(game cases). all sorts of colors. from black,dark forest green,cyan,purple,...ect. fonts i change when i switch between themes. though it's a pain in the ass cause i have to do it from my sd card in the "main" ini.(?)(taking it in an out when doing it.)
i use www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm just for referrence. so i know what to use.(color codes for hex)

I think he's talking about the shadow color that can be changed per coverflow. It can easily be adjusted in the adjust coverflow mode

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Something is wrong with the disc button, when i try to play a game via disc drive and press the drive icon i get a black screen.. i use r513, is the same thing with r506 but with r428 is working fine.
Please... Nobody help me...
I hope to remember to try that when I get home.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Not sure this has been mentioned before , but bought the kids one of those Udraw tabs the other day not a bad deal £15 , anyways , wiiflow @ r431 dumps code to the screen if attempting to boot wiiflow with Udraw connected to the wiimote. Not a biggie . I know theres newer revs of flow and havent tried them with this issue as the newer revs had other issues and i reverted to 431 for wii games to work.

Also i dont have the option to add games to categories in 431 .

Ill try latest rev again i think FFS.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is a sixth.

00E360 = green 2

;)

I think he's talking about the shadow color that can be changed per coverflow. It can easily be adjusted in the adjust coverflow mode
no not the shadows, not blur,or any of that.. the box for covers .( if it is empty,no cover you get the plain white box. ;) ).. an the text ,( again, same as box, not the shadows, blur or what ever.).
i've been able to do the movie, emu. boxes,game cube, and the main box. wii game boxes, those would have to be done through the theme, changing the png.(this is for themes, not default since that theme has no png file, like the downloaded ones). changing the color of the text is easy. though it changes the color of all the text though out wii flow. each emu has it's own color boxes any way.(open the ini. for the plug in, you'll see the line for "box color"..).
the fonts are in the main ini for wii flow. :P just wait till i finish my theme for mplayer.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
no not the shadows, not blur,or any of that.. the box for covers .( if it is empty,no cover you get the plain white box. ;) ).. an the text ,( again, same as box, not the shadows, blur or what ever.).
i've been able to do the movie, emu. boxes,game cube, and the main box. wii game boxes, those would have to be done through the theme, changing the png.(this is for themes, not default since that theme has no png file, like the downloaded ones). changing the color of the text is easy. though it changes the color of all the text though out wii flow. each emu has it's own color boxes any way.(open the ini. for the plug in, you'll see the line for "box color"..).
the fonts are in the main ini for wii flow. :P just wait till i finish my theme for mplayer.
Post a preview pic please XD at least a pic of the font changes for example would be cool so people understand what you're talking about. Also to show people what can be done and add another layer of customization.

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Something is wrong with the disc button, when i try to play a game via disc drive and press the drive icon i get a black screen.. i use r513, is the same thing with r506 but with r428 is working fine.
Please... Nobody help me...
I hope to remember to try that when I get home.
Oh.. thanks, I appreciate your help...
I can officially confirm now that the disk button is broken in r506. I load a Wii game and it hangs at a black screen and Ii have to forcefully power down. The next time I run wiiflow, the game selected from the hard was the one on the hard drive. Gamecubve games, on the other hand, Do run the MIOS because I get the DIOS MIOS splash screen but DM isn't compatible with disk cames yet to my knowledge. One way or the other it gets stuck on that screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/v3JULO-C70U