Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no not the shadows, not blur,or any of that.. the box for covers .( if it is empty,no cover you get the plain white box. ;) ).. an the text ,( again, same as box, not the shadows, blur or what ever.).
i've been able to do the movie, emu. boxes,game cube, and the main box. wii game boxes, those would have to be done through the theme, changing the png.(this is for themes, not default since that theme has no png file, like the downloaded ones). changing the color of the text is easy. though it changes the color of all the text though out wii flow. each emu has it's own color boxes any way.(open the ini. for the plug in, you'll see the line for "box color"..).
the fonts are in the main ini for wii flow. :P just wait till i finish my theme for mplayer.
Post a preview pic please XD at least a pic of the font changes for example would be cool so people understand what you're talking about. Also to show people what can be done and add another layer of customization.
I think he's talking about changing the color of the blank box cover image used in themes. and the font color using a theme but not the default theme.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh man. WiiFlow Mod has so many bugs :wtf:

Even the game ripping isn't working.
I tried several times to dump 1080 in a compressed way but everytime I am getting a code dump.
Also ripping different games step by step isn't working. After dumping one game the user always has to restart wiiflow.
Beach Spikers is requesting a second disc although it's a one disc game.
etc.
This is awful.

No languages can be selected.

The switch for different theme configurations isn't working.

The default theme configuration has a bug concerning the mirror effect.

Most of the files which are in the trunk (http://code.google.c...2Fwii%2Fwiiflow) cannot be integrated into wiiflow mod because they are not compatible.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wiiflow r517, DIOS MIOS v2.0
games GameCube, Discex - GCReEx
error :
area! al error App-entry is not within the apploade
Help
thanks

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
so wiiflow is not working with wii games. i get two loud beeps in r517 and frozen. in r506 it just black screens.

damn i need some stability!

Regarding the black screens, I recently had this on a couple of games, but setting the cIOS for the game manually, instead of using auto worked for me.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so wiiflow is not working with wii games. i get two loud beeps in r517 and frozen. in r506 it just black screens.
There has to be something wrong with your wiiflow setup or settings I think.
I'm on r506 and I can load most games I have tried...I think you should try a fresh install using the latest stable which is r506.
You should have no big problems loading wii games but its best to test with default settings and try to load them with those first.

Btw I don't know if it will help you with the issue but if I change any individual games setting eg I change the video mode from NTSC to PAL, then the 1st time I boot the game it blackscreens.
I have to try to load it again after the blackscreen and it normally works from there on, until I change something in the games settings again. I don't know if this helps.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man. WiiFlow Mod has so many bugs :wtf:

Even the game ripping isn't working.
I tried several times to dump 1080 in a compressed way but everytime I am getting a code dump.
Also ripping different games step by step isn't working. After dumping one game the user always has to restart wiiflow.
Beach Spikers is requesting a second disc although it's a one disc game.
etc.
This is awful.

No languages can be selected.

The switch for different theme configurations isn't working.

The default theme configuration has a bug concerning the mirror effect.

Most of the files which are in the trunk (http://code.google.c...2Fwii%2Fwiiflow) cannot be integrated into wiiflow mod because they are not compatible.
Huh? r517 is very stable for me. And I just checked disc ripping and it worked nicely. Slow as cra( as usual but it worked. The only issue I see if running regular disc games.

What do you mean the files in the trunk can't be integrated into wiiflow mod? I can compile the entire solution with no problem. Have you installed the new lobogc?

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm having some issues with certain GC games after I updated from DiosMios 2.0 update2 to DM2.0 update 4. I therefore would like to try out a never version of Wiiflow than r506 cause on the google code page I can see that a lot of changes have been made since then.

Could someone please post a compiled version of the latest WiiFlow (which seems to be r519 as far as I can see)? That would be grand! :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having some issues with certain GC games after I updated from DiosMios 2.0 update2 to DM2.0 update 4. I therefore would like to try out a never version of Wiiflow than r506 cause on the google code page I can see that a lot of changes have been made since then.

Could someone please post a compiled version of the latest WiiFlow (which seems to be r519 as far as I can see)? That would be grand! :)
Stop by the IRC channel. If you don't have a client you can go here in the meantime until a new wiki gets set up.

Reactions: 1 person

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Compiled r520 and getting much better results with DM (v2rev4) now.
Unfortunately still getting random black screen locks starting Wii HD games.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've one problem with wiiflow,

I cannot switch into emunand coverflow if the nand is on sd.
I can switch into emunand coverflow if I move the nand onto usb or for real nand but it doesn't work if the nand is on my sd card.
All other wiiflow sd stuff works eg loading program/settings, savegame emulation and I use the same sd for sneek and bootmii.

I have been trying but have never got this working with any version, I think its a bug and have reported it.
http://code.google.c...es/detail?id=95
FIX94 sorry to bother you but if its possible could you change the issue title to "nand coverflow disabled not working if emunand on sd"?
(just because nand emulation on sd does actually work, its only the channels coverflow which doesn't)

Thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yesterday I was not sure if its worth to upload a new rev because we did not do that much last week, but hey its a bit more stable so why not? ;)
Changes from r506 are that the help files are updated, now its really correct, added game info synopsis and about and multichoice buttons fix (thanks miigotu), changed game info genre to display the whole genre, changed theme choice button to not display in uppercase, changed video mode options, now should be more clear what they do, fixed bug of game crashing when selecting progressive as video mode, set down mem2 which wiiflow can use, that should make it more stable, fixed bug which broke cover loading in plugin coverflow for plugins where coverFolder is not set in the ini, if AUTO is selected for IOS selection, it either uses IOS56 or IOS57 as base, because the other d2x cIOS bases got problems to work properly with wiiflow, added new pal video mode to patch for pal2ntsc patch which hopefully makes it working better, added stfour and postloader to thanks list (sorry for forgetting to add you before)
Download via google code or internal wiiflow update as always.
And thats not everything for today ;)
I've uploaded a new plugin pack rev as well, this pack features fceugx, snes9xgx and vbagx mod10, wii64 mod6, genplusgx and scummvm mod5, wiimednafen mod3 and mplayerce svn r673.
The hidden channel wad to return to wiiflow needs to be installed, if you dont install it emulators will most likely freeze on exit. See the other plugin packs for more details.
Get it from google code as well.

Reactions: 3 people

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I was not sure if its worth to upload a new rev because we did not do that much last week, but hey its a bit more stable so why not? ;)
Changes from r506 are that the help files are updated, now its really correct, added game info synopsis and about and multichoice buttons fix (thanks miigotu), changed game info genre to display the whole genre, changed theme choice button to not display in uppercase, changed video mode options, now should be more clear what they do, fixed bug of game crashing when selecting progressive as video mode, set down mem2 which wiiflow can use, that should make it more stable, fixed bug which broke cover loading in plugin coverflow for plugins where coverFolder is not set in the ini, if AUTO is selected for IOS selection, it either uses IOS56 or IOS57 as base, because the other d2x cIOS bases got problems to work properly with wiiflow, added new pal video mode to patch for pal2ntsc patch which hopefully makes it working better, added stfour and postloader to thanks list (sorry for forgetting to add you before)
Download via google code or internal wiiflow update as always.
And thats not everything for today ;)
I've uploaded a new plugin pack rev as well, this pack features fceugx, snes9xgx and vbagx mod10, wii64 mod6, genplusgx and scummvm mod5, wiimednafen mod3 and mplayerce svn r673.
The hidden channel wad to return to wiiflow needs to be installed, if you dont install it emulators will most likely freeze on exit. See the other plugin packs for more details.
Get it from google code as well.
Awesome, thanks so much for all of the hard work. Having a weekly or so release cycle is nice, gives some regularity to the development.

Is there anything you would like tested? I have some free time today.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This PAL2NTSC patch needs testing, I work on it like every day but cant test it since I dont have a NTSC TV. Also, the plugins should be tested if they work fine from USB and if they return to wiiflow, thanks for testing :)

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OverjoY works on it still, he is the NAND Emulator expert not me ;)
Thanks I really appreciate it,

I wanted to make sure it was clear its only switching to sd nand coverflow not working... nand emulation otherwise works on sd (savegame emulation I know for sure works, full untested).
The issue title might be a little misleading sorry about that.

Thank you for the update as well. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.