Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's take a pole and end the decision on how to access the source menu. Your choices are:

1. 'A' on mode/view button icon. I will have to add a option to wiiflow.ini that you will have to set to yes because it will default to no. just like the d-pad option. of course if you set it to yes you will no longer be able to change view's the old/current way. but you will still be able to use the d-pad shortcuts.

2. 'B' on mode/view button icon. Same as #1 except you will no longer be able to switch from real nand to emu nand and back.

3. just pressing 'B' on wiimote. This might be a little tricky to code and might not be possible since the 'B' button is used for so many shortcuts already. you would definitely have to make sure you are not pointing at any buttons. Also I can see people trying to press 'B' on the star but missing and accidentally getting the source menu.

4. leave it where it is as 'B' on home/exit button icon.

I like #2 since I don't ever have any need to switch to real nand. I'll give you guys till Friday to announce your choice. Of course Fix94 and Overjoy have the final decision. If they want to leave it at #4 then that's where it stays.
I vote for 3. If you could incorporate a hold time, like if you hold b for more than two seconds then it will let you use shortcuts without a problem, if you release it within two seconds it will take you to source. Or you could just make it b while off screen. Also @[member='FIX94'], Wii64 is broken. Dpad right registers as R when using CCP. Also with ccp and any other controller I think, one must back out for the controller to register. I think you used the wrong version. Mattguitarist's mod fixed the ccp button issue.

hey Drak, i also have problems. when i want to use classic controller, i ALSO have to back out back to the main menu(by getting up and hitting the reset button on the wii) then reload the rom just to get the controller to work.. it sucks. maybe fix can make mattguitarists mod into a plugin to test.... ??
no need to get up or reset the rom, just have to unplug the ccp and hit the menu combo, then plug it back in and resume game, but STILL...

UGH.. i didnt know that would work.. thanks Drak!!!! haha.. at least this makes it a little better... i was gettin up and hitting reset on the wii everytime O_O

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vote for 3. If you could incorporate a hold time, like if you hold b for more than two seconds then it will let you use shortcuts without a problem, if you release it within two seconds or hit a shortcut within that time, it will take you to source. Or you could just make it b while off screen. Also @[member='FIX94'], Wii64 is broken. Dpad right registers as R when using CCP. Also with ccp and any other controller I think, one must back out for the controller to register. I think you used the wrong version. Mattguitarist's mod fixed the ccp button issue.
I know about this problem, some very annoying one I must say, the only way would be to write a workaround like freezing wii64 process for about 10 seconds and waiting for a controller in this time, because once you are in emulation loop wii64 doesnt regonize a controller anymore, also mats rev wouldnt help there.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
no - it stays as b on home/exit button. b by itself doesn't work.
I wasn't entirely sure if it would be possbile to do it with "B" on it's own hence why I chose #2 to fall back on ;)

Either way we should have a re-do of the poll since method #3 isn't possible, that means our votes are not valid and we should get a chance to pick some of the possible ones. I think most of the people that chose #3 would choose method# 2 instead.

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Anybody else having problems getting Black Ops & MW3 to work? Was working before, but not on r485. Tried all possible setups. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure they both have to be run on a cIOS with base 57 (otherwise they just get stuck on the loading message after the white wiimote message screen)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anybody else having problems getting Black Ops & MW3 to work? Was working before, but not on r485. Tried all possible setups. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure they both have to be run on a cIOS with base 57 (otherwise they just get stuck on the loading message after the white wiimote message screen)
Exactly, I tested the games just today and they run fine without emu, with partial and with full save emu, so it looks like you may use the wrong cIOS or no clean installation.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vote for 3. If you could incorporate a hold time, like if you hold b for more than two seconds then it will let you use shortcuts without a problem, if you release it within two seconds or hit a shortcut within that time, it will take you to source. Or you could just make it b while off screen. Also @[member='FIX94'], Wii64 is broken. Dpad right registers as R when using CCP. Also with ccp and any other controller I think, one must back out for the controller to register. I think you used the wrong version. Mattguitarist's mod fixed the ccp button issue.
I know about this problem, some very annoying one I must say, the only way would be to write a workaround like freezing wii64 process for about 10 seconds and waiting for a controller in this time, because once you are in emulation loop wii64 doesnt regonize a controller anymore, also mats rev wouldnt help there.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No codedump for me, it just exits the game and returns to the system menu. No loading screen - just right back to the system menu. If I set it to run homebrew it runs that on exits without a problem.
I cant reproduce this issue for some reason, you really have the channel installed? And also for wii games got some regular forwarder channel set in the settings as return to?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No codedump for me, it just exits the game and returns to the system menu. No loading screen - just right back to the system menu. If I set it to run homebrew it runs that on exits without a problem.
I cant reproduce this issue for some reason, you really have the channel installed? And also for wii games got some regular forwarder channel set in the settings as return to?
Now that was just plain weird. I uninstalled and reinstalled the channel and now it works.

Sorry for the false alarm. Never seen that one before.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's take a pole and end the decision on how to access the source menu.

and yes i said friday was the deadline but I had plenty of votes already and decided to end it now

I want to thank fledge's efforts here. In less than 24 hours, He's opened up a debate. Fully investigated the feasablity of one of the as yet un-confirmed propostions in that debate. Realised that the complexity of that proposition is beyond his means, and that all efforts to overcome the difficulties were futile and resolved to close the debate in which most voters had preferred the very solution he had just investigated! Good of you to stop us wasting our time expressing our opinion.

#1 or #2 I'm fine with both
Democracy :)
Quite :)

I must say that I'm surprised it's so very difficult to open the source menu with the 'B' button, despite other instances of 'B' going back in the interface you may think of. Could I ask coders who feel they have a chance (where fledge fears to tread ;) ) with this issue, to consider this from Maxternal - is this a viable solution?
".....you could create a boolean variable something like "shortcut_used" and initialize it to false every time the B button is held and then set it to true in all the functions where one of the shortcuts involving the button is executed. Just check if the variable is still false when the B button is released and only then go to the source menu."

Sounds good to me!

I wasn't entirely sure if it would be possbile to do it with "B" on it's own hence why I chose #2 to fall back on ;)

Either way we should have a re-do of the poll since method #3 isn't possible, that means our votes are not valid and we should get a chance to pick some of the possible ones. I think most of the people that chose #3 would choose method# 2 instead.
Actually, in the "What should the wiimote buttons DO?" Poll http://gbatemp.net/t...ons-in-wiiflow/ the propositions are mutually exclusive - "B" is for two button shortcuts OR "B" is for going back to source menu" OR etc...
So if users would rather drop 2-button shortcuts altogether, or have "opening the source menu " as a mutually exclusive ini option - as "B" already is with invoking gestures, would that be easier to code?
Personally, I would hate to see A+B go, it seems the most intuitive 'GRAB' action and would be ideal for roulette wheel scrolling. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I'm sure we don't have to lose everything to have 'B' open the source menu?

Your musings, for now and a bit more, are appreciated...

EDIT: The "what the wiimote buttons do in wiiflow " poll is STILL OPEN. At time of writing, it's showing a clear user preference for B opening the source menu, if you have a differing opinion, I would advise that you make your vote heard there. Also,

I vote source flow please.
surely this should count as a #3 vote :yay:

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked but is there any way to specify what drive the roms are stored on on a per plugin basis? All the emulators load my games fine from usb aside from wii64, the only way it works for me is to store my games on the sd card.

Thanks

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If we can't have "just b", can we add another dedicated button, just for this? This is arguably one of the most important navigation functions in this thing.

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to help.

Thanks for the assist.

did you also set the game save NAND partition and folder path under [GAMES] like this -

[GAMES]
cheat=no
current_item=RL8E54
dump_list=no
last_cf_mode=1
lastlanguage=EN
partition=1
save_emulation=3
savepartition=1
savepath=/nand/
sort=0

I didn't know about the GAME setting, thanks for that. I guess I didn't search far enough back to find out about that, my bad.

This sometimes happens right after a save has been extracted - you should've turned the wii off and tried starting the game again. Or you need to go to the game's settings and set the game to ios 249 or 250 especially if you have followed the wiiflow wiki and installed ios 245 thru 251. for some reason NAND Emulation only works for me when i use ios 249 and Fix94 recommends only installing ios249 and 250.

Should I go into my NAND/emuNAND (perhaps with anytitledeleter or something) and remove the cIOSes that are not 249, 250 or 236? I know it's always considered a bad idea to delete anything like that, but those I expect should be safeish. Or, wait for the other cIOSes to be working?

that's because you were no longer using the emu nand - you were using the real save on the wii nand.

I know, I just wanted to put that in as a debug thing... I expected people would say "Did you have a bad dump, or perhaps the game got corrupted". Was heading that off at the pass.

/wiiflow/nandemu is the default folder path created by wiiflow when you don't have one set in the wiiflow.ini. I know you had it set under [NAND] but you may not have had it set under [GAMES]

First, sorry for my \ instead of /... I started with DOS so when I think directory structures I put those in, but on the .ini it is the correct /. I guess this makes sense, perhaps I should put it there instead just to make it easier on Wiiflow?

Hope this helps.

It did, a bit, at least for expanding my knowledge. However, I'm still having black screen o' freezy issues. Here's the various steps I tried. BTW, this was yesterday, I'll try to recall exactly but I may miss something.

Change settings to reflect current locations. Change IOS to 249. Load - Freeze.
B on icon to go into emuNAND. I remember someone saying that it dumps bad unless one first dumps from emunand, so I tried that. Fail.
Dump game save for game, turned off Wii, started and freeze.
Looked at the ini, it changed partition to -1 and back to /wiiflow/nandemu. Changed again. Re-copied NAND. Freeze.

I am going to re-re-dump my NAND, see if that helps at all. I also figured out how to change the revision locally, so I just made an r455 boot.dol. I figure if it works correctly on that, then I know my set-up is correct and it's a matter of making it work correctly with newer revisions. Not happening tonight, but probably tomorrow.

Thanks again for replying. It is most appreciated.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I like this. and i actually like #2 except for having to set an option in wiiflow.ini to use it. And if the user still wanted to switch to real nand they could just add a button to the source menu to do that.

And sorry to everyone who chose #3 - I wasn't sure if it was possible but thought there might be a chance so i added it as a choice. Guess i should've tried it first before adding it. and actually i didn't think it would win - it was mainly there for spacepimps amusement.

And spacepimp - I wish you understood coding so you could see for yourself why it doesn't work. But i admit i am no expert - that would be Fix94.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I like this. and i actually like #2 except for having to set an option in wiiflow.ini to use it. And if the user still wanted to switch to real nand they could just add a button to the source menu to do that.

And sorry to everyone who chose #3 - I wasn't sure if it was possible but thought there might be a chance so i added it as a choice. Guess i should've tried it first before adding it. and actually i didn't think it would win - it was mainly there for spacepimps amusement.

And spacepimp - I wish you understood coding so you could see for yourself why it doesn't work. But i admit i am no expert - that would be Fix94.
LMAO, mainly for spacepimps amusement, I love it. He's been a bit of a pain but his intentions are good, don't take offense spacepimp, you're not worse then AbdallahTerro when he first came around ;)

and I am kidding so I mean it as friendly as possible :P though if Brenry was around, I would be very literal in busting his balls :D

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following up on my previous issue about wii64 plugin not working with CCP, I have done a more extensive test using the experimental wii64 mod5 and tested about half of my games. Kudos Fix94, for fixing the problem of the CCP not registering on boot, but the controls still do not work the way they should.

d pad right = c up
bio freaks
body harvest
california speed
destruction derby
fzerox
glover
legend of zelda majora's mask
legend of zelda ocarina of time
legend of zelda ocarina of time master quest
mace
mario kart 64 (and c right.)

dpad right = c left
chameleon twist
007(+c up)
jet force gemini(+c up)

dpad right = c right
chameleon twist2
clay fighter sculptors cut
killer instinct

dpad right=all c
diddy kong racing
cruisin usa
cruisin world
earthworm jim
gex enter the gecko
excite bike 64

You can actually SEE this happening in games that allow control edits.

If you cannot find the source for mattguitarist's mod, I'm afraid providing the dol is the best I can do. I hope you can fix this, You are a genius at these things, and you have our confidence :)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
MassiveRican! No offence taken. It is quite funny that fledge finds me naive, especially when he expects everyone to believe his recent ludicrous fandango, "but in the end, despite it not being his preference, he really really tried, but he just couldn't make the 'B' button work" :P
That he's got a bunch of people to take the time to take part in a poll, to bother writing reasoned comments, and then has effectively disregarded the results has a bit of a sting, though, I must admit. :blink: Ow.

CHEEKY EDIT: http://gbatemp.net/t...ons-in-wiiflow/ is a "Wiiflow control buttons" poll that ends on 26 June 2012 - 04:49 PM. Make your voice heard there.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh man, i feel old now...a new generation Wiiflow users has risen, with that new visions.

For me personally, all this stuff about the source menu isn't needed, therefore i won't vote, but i will keep a close eye on new developments...

Also i would like to add i like the enthousiasm found here in the thread...but for me it all goes to fast... :D
I prefer a stable wiiflow over everything else anyway.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/4Z-enjtn7t0?si=JxP181zLddGOC9jQ