Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I honestly dont know what you people are complaining about being slow. I still have my wiiflow.ini set to 120 buffer and my current game fills the screen vertically, i love HQ artwork. Also edited my theme so only 3 titles show on the left and right and I have no slowdown.

I do NOT want to be forced to have low quality artwork again. If you have slowdowns, you should edit your settings. Don't push it on the rest of us

did you READ anything I wrote ?

first : I'm NOT complaining about ANYTHING
second : I'm not asking for low resolution artwork (seriously, did you ever read ANYTHING I WROTE ????!!!!!!)

The cover buffer is set to 20 by default. This is NOT enough for HQ covers. I'm only asking a question about the new coverflow, if you don't undestand that question, you should not try to answer anything.

ps : and if you don't remember (you only want to smash people when you don't understand what they are talking about ?), I asked for adding back HQ covers on the new coverflow, and FIX94 kindly added it.

[23:09] i think i am still at 278
you said on IRC that you are probably at rev 278 ? Then how did you enable HQ cover which wad added...in rev 305 ?

[23:16] well i dont want miigotus junkie thing
coverflow actually used in wiiflow is the one that was rewritten by Miigotu for Wiiflow-advanced :ninja:

http://code.google.c...ce/detail?r=267

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out the 1090 cover last night, but it didn't work Super Smash Bros.Z64.png at 1090 didn't load, but Airboarders at the old 1024 did

It's working for me over here with the 1090x680 covers on r318. I just re-did my N64 covs and they all worked out (fresh install).

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just compiled r316 and DML is still not functioning as it should. tony hawk underground still freezes before loading the game im sure the other issue persist, such as mario sunshine having a green bar on the bottom, also madden 08 freezes but the controller still works as i can still reset the wii from the gamecube controller.

these games had no issues in the past revs and they work fine on USB loader GX. i did not change anything but the boot.dol for wii flow. i've also been compiling myself since the mod project started.
You sure have the correct video mode set and the no disc patch off?

yes i'm using all default settings in wiiflow. i will double check though to be sure.

bakayaroo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello, It has been ages since I updated my wiiflow, and i discovered that not all my games shows up in Wiiflow. My folders is like this: /wbfs/Title [GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs. more than 40 games are missing . I change my folders to wbfs/GAMEID/GAMEID.wbfs. And everythings show up. Is this some kind of limit with maximum characters on folders or something? The downside with this is that i can't swap between wiiflow and cfg_usbloader.
Tested with r315.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at wits end with running emulated games. When exiting none return to WiiFlow, they all either blackscreen or return to the main menu after a 6 second or so delay. Here is my plugins folder:

04/08/2012 07:21 AM 4,543 snes.ogg
04/10/2012 10:22 AM 3,980,224 snes9x-gx.dol
04/22/2012 11:33 AM 163 snes9x-gx.ini
04/10/2012 10:19 AM 2,733,472 vbagx.dol
04/22/2012 11:33 AM 183 vbagx.ini
04/14/2012 03:16 PM 483,808 WiiFlowLoader.dol
04/10/2012 10:20 AM 2,376,736 fceugx.dol
04/22/2012 11:34 AM 171 fceugx.ini
04/08/2012 07:44 AM 13,070 gba.ogg
04/10/2012 02:33 PM 3,047,552 genplus-gx.dol
04/22/2012 11:34 AM 123 genplus-gx.ini
04/08/2012 07:45 AM 20,390 nes.ogg
04/14/2012 03:23 PM 1,314,976 wii64.dol
05/05/2012 01:39 AM 144 wii64.ini

I have the WiiFlowLoader.dol in the directory and am running system menu 4.3(U) with the d2x v8 Final cIOS's and WiiFlow-mod r318.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Heichart

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Updated today to r315. Tried to extract my nand using the built-in NAND Extractor, but it's stuck at 86%, file 00000010.app (0/0kb).
It's my first time trying to use an emulated nand, and don't know what to do. Can I extract my nand using another means, like BootMii nand extractor, and use it with Wiiflow?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emuator update - I tried deleting the wiiflow.ini and having it recreate it. I setup returning to Wiiflow and am running only 1 plugin at a time.

First I selected Wii64 games and every game I play runs ok but when I press 1+2 simultaneously and select the quit to loader it hangs with a black screen.

Again this is on r318 with a 4.3(U) Wii running d2x V8 final cIOS's on a 2TB drive formatted as FAT32 in a single partition and all games stored on the USB drive.

Here is the wii64.ini:

[PLUGIN]
magic=57493634
coverColor=ffffff
fileTypes=.n64|.v64|.z64|.zip
romDir=wii64/roms
dolFile=wii64.dol
ReturnLoader=yes
I am using a clean copy of the plugins from the google code site (r258 version). Please help, it's driving me nuts.

Will be updating with other emulator issues shortly.

Update...

Some VBAGXgames hang on launch with the WiiFlow screen displayed. Others run but when exiting by pressing home and then back to the loader after 5-10 seconds it returns to the main Wii menu and not WiiFlow.

Here is the vbagx.ini:

[PLUGIN]
magic=56424158
coverColor=fcff00
fileTypes=.agb|.gba|.bin|.elf|.mb|.dmg|.gb|.gbc|.cgb|.sgb|.zip|.7z
romDir=vbagx/roms
dolFile=vbagx.dol
bannerSound=gba.ogg
ReturnLoader=yes
All SNES games I have tried return to the main Wii menu when launching and never run.

Here is the snes9x-gx.ini:

[PLUGIN]
magic=534e4553
coverColor=01a300
fileTypes=.smc|.fig|.sfc|.swc|.zip|.7z
romDir=snes9xgx/roms
dolFile=snes9x-gx.dol
bannerSound=snes.ogg
ReturnLoader=yes
I don't have any SCUMMVM games.

GENPLUS-GX games run but hangs returning to the Wii menu.

Here is the genplus-gx.ini:

[PLUGIN]
magic=53454741
coverColor=000000
fileTypes=.gen|.zip
romDir=genplus/roms
dolFile=genplus-gx.dol
ReturnLoader=yes

FCEUGX games fail to load and return to the Wii menu. And the fceugx.ini:

[PLUGIN]
magic=46434555
coverColor=ff0000
fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.zip|.7z
romDir=fceugx/roms
dolFile=fceugx.dol
bannerSound=nes.ogg
ReturnLoader=yes
Should I be running them from an SD card instead? Or do the emu DOLs need to be recompiled with the latest libogc to run with the latest version of WiiFlow?

All suggestions are welcome.

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Emuator update - I tried deleting the wiiflow.ini and having it recreate it. I setup returning to Wiiflow and am running only 1 plugin at a time.

First I selected Wii64 games and every game I play runs ok but when I press 1+2 simultaneously and select the quit to loader it hangs with a black screen.

Again this is on r318 with a 4.3(U) Wii running d2x V8 final cIOS's.

Here is the wii64.ini:

[PLUGIN]
magic=57493634
coverColor=ffffff
romDir=wii64/roms
dolFile=wii64.dol
ReturnLoader=yes
I am using a clean copy of the plugins from the google code site (r258 version). Please help, it's driving me nuts.

If all your stuff are on USB (wiiflow+plugins+emulators), just copy your "apps/wiiflow" folder to your SD card, it run for me !
WiiflowLoader.dol only found wiiflow on SD card, not on USB1 (fat32).

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Again this is on r318 with a 4.3(U) Wii running d2x V8 final cIOS's.

Here is the wii64.ini:

[PLUGIN]
magic=57493634
coverColor=ffffff
romDir=wii64/roms
dolFile=wii64.dol
ReturnLoader=yes

If all your stuff are on USB (wiiflow+plugins+emulators), just copy your "apps/wiiflow" folder to your SD card, it run for me !
WiiflowLoader.dol only found wiiflow on SD card, not on USB1 (fat32).

Thank you! I added the apps/wiiflow folder to an SD card and the following game types now return to WiiFlow:

Wii64
VBAGX

GENPLUS-GX games run but hang on a black screen returning to the Wii menu.

SNES games still fail to load and return to the main Wii menu.

FCEUGX games fail to load and it returns to the Wii menu.

Is there a way to get an error log for the ones that are flat-out failing or not return to WiiFlow?

I can run FCEUGX games from the channel I installed without a problem. It is the 3.2.9 version of the emulator.

Likewise I can run SNES games from the channel. It is the 4.2.9 version of the emulator.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix - regarding r321 - how can we test memory usage?

And does anyone have SNES or FCEUGX games that can run from USB using the plugin from r258?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kinda wierd, I thought the with the WiiFlowLoader.dol now there wasn't any problem having WiiFlow itself on USB2 or NTFS.

Are all the plugins programmed to use the WiiFlowLoader.dol or just the more recent ones?
Might the DOL need to be updated for 3tb hard drives?
I am using this on my old 2TB drive that is FAT32, haven't done anything but preliminary game testing on my 3TB drive.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix - regarding r321 - how can we test memory usage?
in menu/menu.hpp line 3,
remove the // to uncomment
#define SHOWMEM 1

and recompile. It will put a memory text overlay onscreen..
Awesome, thanks. Will do.

Do you know anything about emulation? I'm still having trouble as indicated in my earlier email with:

//GENPLUS-GX games run but hang on a black screen returning to the Wii menu.

SNES games still fail to load and return to the main Wii menu.

FCEUGX games fail to load and it returns to the Wii menu.//

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insert? I just had to drop them into the cave. Echo, echo, echo.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would be a rattle and an echo
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO LOL
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, burnt my eyebrows off
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, is Marshall Mathers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    speaking of, you hear em dropped a new song today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah everyone's riding his dick over a mediocre song
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even an original either original melody is from the Cars
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait i thought it was the steve matthews band not the cars
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was cool he made it like the old ones but felt too obvious on what it'd be
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, the movie or actual cars?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right maybe was Steve Miller band, my bad
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah, i may be a dumb teen on the net, but i at least i know classic music like that
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty neither, a band called the cars
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rappers rarely use original melodies that's the entire point of sampling
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    samples and interpolations
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr Dre produced obviously also, so I'm sure they paid a pretty penny just to use it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    His original lose yourself hit came from Steven Tyler
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    like future and metro, kanye and the game, and logic sampling a part from an eazy e song, which was an interpolation from fuckin gumby of all things
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah most of them are all friends that gives the green light probably a division under UMG
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i was talking about my previous message, i'm just a slow typer
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or they are rich enough, possible they just bought the album rights outright
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Powerful people know powerful people celebrates politic more than we think
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Powerful people know powerful people celebrates politic more than we think