Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to say but wiiflow has really been broken for me in these newest revs, i just was going through my stuff trying to get some full covers that are missing and i was just simply browsing. i was in the nand emu section and all my wiiware stuff was available. i simply went into the nand emu options, did not change anything, i just wanted to see what you guys added, and now i cannot see my emu nand. in the top corner it does say NAND [USB 1] which is correct, but it only shows the channels on my wii nand. maybe its a bug and the setting was erased i will investigate further and post any further findings.

@fledge68 thanks for the info on the theme, will check it out it looks awesome.

edit: just rolled back to r280 from the googlecode, still the same problem, only shows my wiis nand channels. i tried pressing B on the settings icon and that will switch what its looking at, but again its only shows the wii nand channels.

edit 2: got it working, had to delete the .db file in the wiiflow/list folder.
if it's only showing the channels on wii nand then press the 'b' button while pointing at the view switcher icon
Actually, I had that problem, too, and the pressing B thing didn't fix it. All it did was change the "nand[usb1]" to "nand". What worked for me, too, was going into wiiflow/cache/lists and deleting the nand emulation file. I was already using r280, though, when it happened to me.

thats what i meant by deleting the .db file, it was in the cache/lists folder. annoying little bug, but easily fixed.

awesome work on the plugin selection menu Fix, keep up the great work.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, uploaded r315 now on google code :)
Changes from r280 are that you can set the wiimote rumble again in the wiiflow.ini, "rumble", enabled by default, the sd card log write works better now, libcustomntfs updated to 2012.1.15, bug in libcustomntfs is fixed too, means 3tb+ devices with ntfs partition works again, changed d-pad left from homebrew to emu, categories now work in emu coverflow too, you can now select the cover folder of plugins, if you want for example fceugx covers in "wiiflow/boxcovers/fceugx", then just add "coverFolder=fceugx" to the fceugx.ini, wiiflow uses the progressive patch for DML games now if you set pal 480p/ntsc 480p, works with DML v1.3+, auto IOS code is less buggy, the NAND can now be extracted directly in wiiflow, as well as game saves for NAND Emulator, added a new menu for it in the global settings, added uDraw icon, fixed bug that info so it does not show for games without any gameTDB info anymore, added help file support in wiiflow about, it goes to wiiflow/help, english.txt can be found in source, fixed wii game installer, game remover, installing wii games with 3tb+ devices, fixed some spelling mistakes in language, fixed problem that covers were not loading properly with only a few games in a coverflow view, new option in wiiflow.ini, "cover_use_hq", if enabled wiiflow will use HQ covers again, fixed bug in plugin code, maximum pixel size of covers can now be 1090, needed for some emu HQ covers, added plugin selection menu, you can use it in emu coverflow, then its in the global settings, means you can select the plugins you want to see finally, and last but not least a pretty huge code cleanup and speedup again :)
Download via google code, for some reason the internal wiiflow update doesnt work anymore, it looks like dropbox blocked it :P

Reactions: 3 people

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
r315 What steps will reproduce the problem? When I press home the Wii freezes and fails to return to main menu

What is the expected output? black screen
thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We know this bug comes from r256, and it seems like it only occurs if the wii is set to 50hz, I'm working on it still, seems to be a libogc error...

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just want to say that although I have not used the new updated wiiflow, thanks FIX94 and anyone involved... sounds like you have been working hard.

I have a question for FIX94 about the save emulation now, do the few games which also include a channel (m kart, wiifit, etc) save into the 00010004 folder on emulated nand?
I noticed with the old version (pre FIX94) that it created folder in 00010001 as well.

Thanks for the updates, I'm really looking forward to trying it. :)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about the dml loading ( the dvd drive light acting like a strobe light?). is that fixed or is it still going to be the same on this one? boston bc was nice enough to compile one with out the light flashing. just wondering if i'll have to do the same with this one? (taking out the one line of code).

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just compiled r316 and DML is still not functioning as it should. tony hawk underground still freezes before loading the game im sure the other issue persist, such as mario sunshine having a green bar on the bottom, also madden 08 freezes but the controller still works as i can still reset the wii from the gamecube controller.

these games had no issues in the past revs and they work fine on USB loader GX. i did not change anything but the boot.dol for wii flow. i've also been compiling myself since the mod project started.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the new HQ cover option FIX94. Nice to see you're opened to suggestions. BTW...it's so slow that nobody will use it, IMO.

I know that I already asked about HQ covers, but I really don't understand why coverflow was rewritten (I'm not a programmer, I don't have a global overview of this project and I'm probably missing something).

Just for fun, I made a little benchmark between the new coverflow (0 to 46 seconds) and the good old one from Wiiflow R416 (47 seconds to end). Everything was compiled with the latest sources, libogc and devkitppc.

It's self-explanatory that the new coverflow is NOT able to load HQ covers quickly enough, even with a buffer set to 100 (didn't try higher values).
the old coverflow is fast and loads all covers in HQ...everytime, with no lag and a cover buffer of 50 (tried also with 40).

One of the power of wiiflow is its coverflow...with (fast) HQ covers loading :moogle:

Is there any chance to speed-up things with the new coverflow ? Just a question (I'm curious), not a request (I'll use and compile with the old coverflow if it's not possible, not a problem for me).

thanks for reading.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out the 1090 cover last night, but it didn't work Super Smash Bros.Z64.png at 1090 didn't load, but Airboarders at the old 1024 did

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly dont know what you people are complaining about being slow. I still have my wiiflow.ini set to 120 buffer and my current game fills the screen vertically, i love HQ artwork. Also edited my theme so only 3 titles show on the left and right and I have no slowdown.

I do NOT want to be forced to have low quality artwork again. If you have slowdowns, you should edit your settings. Don't push it on the rest of us

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii