Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me ? My wiiflow is a bit buggy.
I can't scroll through games or it freezes. I can play games if I select and play right away. But if I scroll through the games i have while hearing the game music, it just freezes. The background music i have playing is buggy as well.

I can still play games fine, but my wiiflow is just not smooth as it used to. I recently upgraded my wiiflow and changed some cIOS stuff.. and I think the cIOS just made wiiflow buggy and crash often.
what version are you using?

WiiFlow V3.0 Alpha r417

I think my cios are making it act buggy.. I really need help.
you mention you updated from a previous version; did you install it properly (complete fresh install)...? ....backup your boxcovers and covers folders (from the root:/wiiflow folder), then delete the root:/apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini and the root:/wiiflow folder. wiiflow will rebuild these at first launch....then you can re-add your covers back into the appropriate folders.

what cIOS did you install...Wiiflow now requires d2x6 or greater to run.

actually, your issue sounds to me like you're trying to use a theme (i saw somewhat similar behavior trying to use my old carbonik theme)....if that's the case, don't. themes are not currently compatible with the more recent versions of wiiflow.

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was running an older r3xx version with cIOSx V6 with no issue.

I just installed r417 and I'm core dumping on the launch of any game, also getting a weird pause that happens after launching, that makes it seem the system locked but recovers after about 5 seconds.

I installed the cIOSx V7b1d and deleted the config and other mentioned files.

I may just wipe everything related to wiiflow and reinstall the cIOSx V7b1d .wads again just to see if I can get it working.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I may just wipe everything related to wiiflow and reinstall the cIOSx V7b1d .wads again just to see if I can get it working.
^ Best course of action. Wipe everything, including music (to those having problems) to narrow the cause down.
Running completely clean install (and with partitions on the HDD as suggested) increased my stability substantially.

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Best course of action. Wipe everything, including music (to those having problems) to narrow the cause down.
Running completely clean install (and with partitions on the HDD as suggested) increased my stability substantially.

I think I missed what the recommended partitions are, I'm running a single fat32 partition on a 2tb drive. Had no problems with it on the older build with cIOSx V6.

Edit: well it was my bad, i missed the wiiflow.ini in the apps dir, once I deleted that I was getting a core dump on launch. So I deleted the wiiflow dir and everything is working. So chalk it up to user error.

Thumpie Bunny Ev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow V3.0 Alpha4 r417
IOS249 base 56 v7
All cios properly installed.

File: usb1:/wiiflow/settings/custom_titles.ini

Issue:
today, for no reason at all, the custom_titles.ini file stopped being read by wiiflow.
Nothing, nothing at all, not a single thing i do, seems to repair the issue,
I've tryed everything short of formatting the hard drive.

I've removed the usb1:/apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini
and booted wiiflow without it. ~fail

I took out every entry in usb1:/wiiflow/settings/custom_titles.ini
accept the following lines
Code:
[TITLES]
R3NPH3=Guilty Gear XX A Core Plus .E

I tried removing the S in [titleS]
Code:
[TITLE]

i tried a blank line after the entry:
Code:
[TITLES]

back and forth, here and there, seriously there is ZERO definitive infromation out there on how to even properly set this thing up, the wiiflow wiki is zero help, if you click on the custom_titles.ini it brings up a Blank page on wiiflowiki

this is utterly ridiculous.

and i cant figure out how to turn on some sort of Debug mode for WiiFlow to output an error log, or show errors encountered on the screen. Why did it just axe my custom_titles.ini ? i was over 233 entries, and it just stopped reading the file. now I'm at 1 entry and it STILL wont read it!? wat the frell is going on? I've been at this for hours trying to reverse enginear what the heck is going on in this code that it's skipping or failing to find or just erroring in my custom_titles.ini file.

i really have no clue whats going on Only some one familiar with the source code could say for sure at this point cause I've tried tons more options then I'm listing here, but for some magical reason Wiiflow r417 just up and decides one day, to stop using your custom titles. Maybe it's cause of using cheat codes, maybe it's cause of having more then 233 games on your drive. maybe it's because the custom_titles.ini was >7.4kb, maybe it's because the custom_settings.ini is so poorly documented that no one could ever use it without being a member of the dev team X~X;

I'll tell you though, it's no simple little thing. cause I've spent 5 hours trying tons of tests and experiments renaming things changing file content, file location, I've Exhausted the obvious! all that could be left it the utterly inane! but you know what, I'll do it all again, step by step, as instructed here, just to verify and surgically remove any possibilities till the right way is found, or the wrong way is disproved as "UserError". *waves accusing//bug-pointing finger!*

Please assist!

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Thanks for keeping this updated. Switched to v417 and current cIOS and everything I use seems to be working fine. Only exceptions being the default theme only having a single coverflow in a clean install
, so I reverted back to the old default.ini and have multiple coverflows, but the text within the game menus is positioned wrong. Just need to wait until a full release or get off my arse and modify the default.ini myself.

Thought the new USB save option will be a nice addition, but when I enabled it I got a code dump, so will wait for a new version or instructions on how to enable it. Not a major problem, but is a nice addition.

I'l wait for the NAND issues to be totally sorted before I try as I'm a total noob at that, and my HD is pretty full already and struggling to clear space for new games. Skyward Sword got a space though. :D

Bauldrick

Trophies
XP
Country
@Thumpie Bunny Eve

I know you said you've tried everything, so this may be of no help, but you didn't show the correct way

Code:
[TITLES]

note the empty line before [TITLES]

Thumpie Bunny Ev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Thumpie Bunny Eve

I know you said you've tried everything, so this may be of no help, but you didn't show the correct way

Code:
[TITLES]

note the empty line before [TITLES]

OHHHHHHHH my stars! PLEASE implore some one who works on with wiiflowiki to put Some Documentation up that indicates this! I'd have never in my life considered that a line-break BEFORE [TITLES] would make a difference let alone fail the whole set of items! But i tried it and shock me with a violet wand, It Worked!

I use WiiBackupManager, and i just changed to a new version of it, 0.4.4 from 0.3.6
with it the batch file i wrote for 0.3.6 was left behind in the former folder. So I've been manually converting the custom-titles.txt to custom_titles.ini for the past week. I must have removed the leading line break manually while SelectingAll & Copy/Pasteing without really noticing the differences at the top of the 233 line file! ARG!

well thank you for finding the needle in the hay stack i have been burning through with a flame thrower... maybe i should'a used your Magnet first! lol

Seriously please implore a wiiflowiki.com moderator to put some documentation up about custom_titles.ini cause there links go nowhere on their site and figuring out hoe to do this is utterly guess work X~X; who requires a line break for the first item in an .INI anyway? it's ridiculous!

TY again, ~TBE

Reactions: 1 person

Thumpie Bunny Ev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm here, would anyone happen to know which characters are ok to use for names other then numbers and letters?
I've used [Ö],[-],[(],[)],[:],[.] and i think [_]
but [•] and [·] make all text after them disappear.
it's unfortunate, because
WALL-E
doesn't look as authentic as:
WALL•E
Foo...

Anyway, if anyone knows which ones are safe to play with please list them! or provide a link so i can read too!

raschi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Finally had a chance to test the newest norwegian language file with WiiFlow V3.0 Alpha4 r417, and there are a lot of messed up characters in there. I opened the file manually, and it looks like someone has messed up the codepage somewhere. Swedish translation seems to have the same issue, probably others too. Can anyone confirm?

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Due to this release being an Alpha, I would not be using ANY old files, custom titles, weird characters, themes or anything else aside from vanilla Wiiflow, until a final is released.
It is the nature of it being an alpha release.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Finally had a chance to test the newest norwegian language file with WiiFlow V3.0 Alpha4 r417, and there are a lot of messed up characters in there. I opened the file manually, and it looks like someone has messed up the codepage somewhere. Swedish translation seems to have the same issue, probably others too. Can anyone confirm?
I can say the Spanish file has similar problems, any entry that has an accent mark on it just ends up blank when you open up WiiFlow.
I figure I can always just go through and manually change them back to normal letters but I guess I'll have to wait for the final version to have the really gramatically correct translations on screen for people I know that aren't that great with English.

Rowan187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having trouble with WiiFlow recognizing my external hard drive now.

I originally had all the latest versions of Waninkoko's cIOS 249/250, and Hermes cIOS 202, 22, 223.

To get Kirby's Return to Dreamland working I was told to get the new d2x cIOSes so I did. I followed the instructions for the installer on the WiiFlowWiki and got the d2xv7beta cIOSes patched (all of them.)

Now when I run the latest beta or nightly of WiiFlow it no longer recognizes my external hard drive which is NTFS formatted with all my .wbfs games in the /wbfs/ folder. Everything was working fine before this update, and I can still get the old version of WiiFlow to recognize my hard drive, it just won't let me load any games from 249 (which is necessary.)

Any suggestions?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to launch the emulated NAND from the root of the HDD? If not, can Wiiflow launch all Wiiware titles? My emulated NAND is at the root as that is why triiforce needs it. I also have an emulated nand that is under usb:\nands but it seems wii flow needs it in usb:\nand. i tried setting the option in the wiiflow.ini to read :

[NAND]
path=/

and it did not find anything.

Is the compatibility the same as triiforce or mighty channels?

i have a ton of iso forwarders that i would like to get rid of and just go straight to NAND emulation.

Bauldrick

Trophies
XP
Country
I also have an emulated nand that is under usb:\nands

[NAND]
path=/

Try:

Code:
[NAND]
path=/nands/

You should be able to have it anywhere, aslong as you tell it where (and note the trailing '/')

Compatibility is round about the same as others I guess, but I've never personally made any comparisons..

Thumpie Bunny Ev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to hide the wiiflow's button from accidentally being pressed while a game is selected? thrice now i was using ClassicControllerPro and while analog scrolling over to the sprocket/Edit icon, I've accidentally hit the DeleteFile icon. Giving myself a bit of a fur-frizz. ㉧@㉧!

It'd be nice to lock out that option.

Bauldrick

Trophies
XP
Country
:D Settings > Parental Control ---- Set Code (set a 4 digit code)

When you start wiiflow you'd need to enter that code in order to delete or make changes etc.... ;)

Atleast, I think that's what you're after

-edit-

btw - if you keep the pointer off screen you can use wii controller buttons, so no-one can see you entering code (i.e B button - Down button - A button - 1 Button)

lappen81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess three simple questions that i've been struggling with abit. :)

1. I have 2 partitions, 1 for nand and one for wbfs/apps. Is it possible somehow to display the nand (wiiware games) and the wbfs (wii games) at the same time side by side?

2. How does the emulated save option work? I have done a full nand backup so I guess everything should be in there, but if I have saved after the backup?

3. Is it possible to easily move wiiware from sd to emulated nand?

Rowan187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any suggestions?

Are you using the new forwarder channel?
Have you wiped ALL old Wiiflow files, including directories (and sub-directories of) /apps/wiiflow and /wiiflow ?
Back up your *.PNG images and put them in later if it works.

Yes it's a completely clean setup of Wiiflow. I've tried both with it accessing the SD and via a forwarder channel. It will show the loading screen a long time and then just show the games/channels from the system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...