Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wiiflow r39 - beta

* Added support for new ocarina (Brawl+)
* Fixed small issue with invalid amount of partitions
* Added support for WIP patches
* Added support for BCA codes
* Fixed cheat downloading
* Changed cheat window (now only shows 4 items on a page)
* Moved default location of cheat files
* Location of cheat files, wip patches, bca codes and text codes is configurable in wiiflow.ini
* Fixed crash with NSMBW (I think)

Note: this version will look for your cheat codes (gct files and txt files) in another location. You will need to manually move these to the correct locations. These locations should be in the directory that also contains the subdirectories for boxcovers, cache, themes, etc. and are called codes (for gct, bca and wip files) and txtcodes (for txt files).

http://wiiflow.googlecode.com/files/r39.dol

Also, the themers have been notified of these changes, and I've already seen a changed StarNight theme. I expect Jiiwah to release that in a couple of hours, since he just left for bed.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r-win said:
Wiiflow r39 - beta

* Added support for new ocarina (Brawl+)
* Added support for WIP patches
* Added support for BCA codes
* Fixed cheat downloading
* Changed cheat window (now only shows 4 items on a page)
* Moved default location of cheat files
* Location of cheat files, wip patches, bca codes and text codes is configurable in wiiflow.ini
* Fixed crash with NSMBW (I think)

Note: this version will look for your cheat codes (gct files and txt files) in another location. You will need to manually move these to the correct locations. These locations should be in the directory that also contains the subdirectories for boxcovers, cache, themes, etc. and are called codes (for gct, bca and wip files) and txtcodes (for txt files).

http://wiiflow.googlecode.com/files/r39.dol

Also, the themers have been notified of these changes, and I've already seen a changed StarNight theme. I expect Jiiwah to release that in a couple of hours, since he just left for bed.

r-win you are on fire!
yay.gif

I have an idea for a feaure for r40 that you should put in for yourself...

* A-B-A-B-Up-Down-Select-Start = free Heinken
grog.gif

Cheers!

Rankine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I able to specify the directories for codes and txtcodes folders in the ini file? If so, can someone give me the arguments/whatever they're called for it?

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing keeping me from using WiiFlow as my main loader is the lack of the option to write play times to the Wii bulletin board. Though I suspect it's probably not a very high priority feature to you, that would be awesome if you added it eventually.
yay.gif

emg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
If this is the same issue I reported yesterday, it seems the bug has slightly changed. My drive currently has a NTFS and FAT32 partition on it. On page 7 for game partition, WBFS1 no longer shows up now, as I would expect. It currently starts with NTFS1. When I click next, it remains at NTFS1. The following click toggles to FAT1. Then every other click toggles between them properly. If you exit back out, and go into settings again, the same behavior is present every time. 2 clicks to toggle from NTFS1 to FAT1 for the first time, then single click to toggle back and forth afterwards. Very minor bug, it doesn't bother me at all, just thought you'd appreciate feedback to get it cleaned up
smile.gif

QUOTE* Fixed crash with NSMBW (I think)
I'm getting a new exception/stack dump now, different from the code thrown yesterday on r37. It does not appear to be isolated to NSMB, though. I tested with mario kart, nsmb, and need for speed nitro, all 3 gave this stack dump:

r39exception.jpg

Edited: To include signcheck/syscheck output so you can see all IOS versions I'm running

syscheck.jpg

Really appreciate all the hard work. You are really cranking these revisions out!
smile.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW Thanks r-win!! Its sooooooooo great to see updates on wiiflow!

@ dev(s) Is there anyway to see a game count total, and HDD free space/total space?

i know vip's patch had a "system" button in it and it showed HDD info but not game count, i was hoping for something similar, is this in the plans at all?

I am just learning programming in school so i thought about trying it myself (it should mostly be cut/paste job i think since the code is written) but even then i didnt want to keep having to recompile small adds into every change you made, just curious if this was planned at all, if not no probs just thought id ask
smile.gif

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same error as emg on all games. I compared his posted error screen to mine and it is identical. I have tried about 20 different games, changed settings and tried again, no joy. I have cios 222v4 and cios 249 r17. I do not have a cios 223 installed and I wonder if that could be the problem. I also experience code dumps roughly 50% of the time when loading Wiiflow from HBC. I am using a 1TB drive formatted as FAT32 and NTFS (games are on the NTFS partition).
An unrelated question: What happened to all the different views that were available in the old Wiiflow? Am I missing them somehow?

Thanks for all the work the devs are putting into getting Wiiflow back on track. So far it is looking great. I just wish I could get it to launch a game.

emg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jsugarsmacks said:
I have cios 222v4 and cios 249 r17. I do not have a cios 223 installed and I wonder if that could be the problem.
I don't think that's your issue. I edited my post above to include output of all IOS vers im running. As you can see I have both 222 and 223 v4, and we're having the same problem.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
jsugarsmacks said:
An unrelated question: What happened to all the different views that were available in the old Wiiflow? Am I missing them somehow?

It sounds like your version of WiiFlow is running from a different directory without the full theme details, ini etc.

I'd recommend ensuring you are launching everything from one source , i.e. SD or USB and that you know exactly what folder is in use. For the most recent versions SD is probably best until the download cover bug is sorted.

The different views (Flows) in default theme are still there, switchable by using 1 and 2, which makes me happy as they are the reason I got a WiiFlow credit from Hibernatus.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really know much about programming and compiling but I do know how to follow instructions. I am trying to compile wiiflow myself from the latest source files. I followed the instructions in the wiiflow google code pages which are:

1. Download and install latest devkitProPPC r18 or r19
2. Download libogc-23-10-09-DevkitR18-19.zip and extract it to your devkitPro directory.
2. Download the source from SVN.
3. Run Programmer's Notepad (installed with devkitPro)
4. Open the Makefile from the source you downloaded. Click Tools > Make.
5. Done!

Now when I first tried it it did not get that far before stopping with various errors. Then I figured out (but this could be wrong as it is not in the instructions) that if extract the libogc-23-10-09-DevkitR18-19.zip subdirectories/files into the directory where all the wiiflow source files are located (now not into the source subdirectory as that did not help but into main directory where the makefile file is located) and then tools > Make, it went even further but it still eventually errors and stops saying something along the lines of ld.exe: cannot find -ltremor.

What am I doing wrong? Could someone please give more explicit instructions in how to do this. Thanks.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its been asked a bunch of times, but I'll ask anyway.... Hermes cios v5 -- are there plans to add support or are we relegated to the r28 build mod for support? Thanks for your hard work.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
borissaid said:
I know its been asked a bunch of times, but I'll ask anyway.... Hermes cios v5 -- are there plans to add support or are we relegated to the r28 build mod for support? Thanks for your hard work.
Yeah I'm wondering this too... the new Hermes cios added Rock Band 2 dlc support (IOS249 also has this but doesn't have spindown fixes) so it'd be very nice if this was added... otherwise, this loader is perfect! Even without this support, it's the one I currently use
smile.gif

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just 2 questions

1)What is BCA code support and WIP patches?Is it possible now to play some previously unplayable games with this?(CoD3,Splinter Cell DA.Sam and Max)

2)After implementing the new ocarina,how is it possible to change the hook type from default?
There are certain games that run only with certain hook types...

Anyway,excellent work r-win!Thank you soooo much!!!

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dent said:
I don't really know much about programming and compiling but I do know how to follow instructions. I am trying to compile wiiflow myself from the latest source files. I followed the instructions in the wiiflow google code pages which are:

1. Download and install latest devkitProPPC r18 or r19
2. Download libogc-23-10-09-DevkitR18-19.zip and extract it to your devkitPro directory.
2. Download the source from SVN.
3. Run Programmer's Notepad (installed with devkitPro)
4. Open the Makefile from the source you downloaded. Click Tools > Make.
5. Done!

Now when I first tried it it did not get that far before stopping with various errors. Then I figured out (but this could be wrong as it is not in the instructions) that if extract the libogc-23-10-09-DevkitR18-19.zip subdirectories/files into the directory where all the wiiflow source files are located (now not into the source subdirectory as that did not help but into main directory where the makefile file is located) and then tools > Make, it went even further but it still eventually errors and stops saying something along the lines of ld.exe: cannot find -ltremor.

What am I doing wrong? Could someone please give more explicit instructions in how to do this. Thanks.
I figured it out. You need the extract the libogc-23-10-09-DevkitR18-19.zip subdirectories/files into the libogc subdirectory inside the devkitpro main directory.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, another question. How do I download the source from previous revisions using the svn checkout command?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo