Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
panmusic said:
I have a problem with the default theme.In the specific settings of a game some options appear merged with others...This makes impossible to choose an alt.dol because of the position of the buttons.As I don't know how to change manually the theme.ini,can you fix this really annoying issue,please?
I'll check it out, panmusic.

Spidy1000 said:
QUOTE(TeenTin @ Mar 16 2010, 09:24 AM) I am sorry but would you consider implementing the new ocarina and the new alt-dol system (which makes the Sam & Max works with USB loader finally), from WiiPower ?

Thanks a LOT.

TeenTin, what new alt-dol system are you referring too, any link to a description of it?
That's the new ocarina from Gecko OS. It's already supported by USB GX, by Cfg Loader USB, by Neogamma, and...since this morning, on my working copy of wiiflow. So the answer is yes.

Edit: Btw, the Sam & Max fix is not part of this. It requires some custom menu to be built, and I don't feel like adding that.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@r-win

So, the new ocarina will be in r39, not r38 ?

On the other hand, the implementation of the new alt-dol system into the CFG Loader seems quite easy. The system may, hopefully, solve the IOS reloading problem finally.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
panmusic said:
I have a problem with the default theme.In the specific settings of a game some options appear merged with others...This makes impossible to choose an alt.dol because of the position of the buttons.As I don't know how to change manually the theme.ini,can you fix this really annoying issue,please?

just delete the default.ini
run wiiflow , go to "adjust coverflow" in the settings , save , and a new default.ini will be created , with no errors
wink.gif

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
panmusic said:

just delete the default.ini
run wiiflow , go to "adjust coverflow" in the settings , save , and a new default.ini will be created , with no errors
wink.gif

Can i make a newbie question?¿'

Where exacrtly has to be the lasnguage.ini file in the last r.38 rev that suopprts fat32 hdd?¿?

I put it in sd/apps/wiiflow/ ....and i select Spanish but..nothing happens
blink.gif

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kovani said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can load VC/WiiWare game using a forwarder ISO with WiiFlow.

@Kovani, this sounds really interesting and I wouldnt mind looking in to it. So off to google I go, I'm guessing I'll only have one channel / wii ware game that I want to use, again its for my kids and they like Super Mario 64. So if I could get this in WiiFlowthey would never need to see the boring Wii System Menu again! Thanks for mentionign it I'll report back how I get on!

EDIT: For anyone interested the info is here - http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187806

Plasma

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.:Plasma:. said:
Kovani said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can load VC/WiiWare game using a forwarder ISO with WiiFlow.

@Kovani, this sounds really interesting and I wouldnt mind looking in to it. So off to google I go, I'm guessing I'll only have one channel / wii ware game that I want to use, again its for my kids and they like Super Mario 64. So if I could get this in WiiFlowthey would never need to see the boring Wii System Menu again! Thanks for mentionign it I'll report back how I get on!

EDIT: For anyone interested the info is here - http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187806

Plasma

This is indeed true, i have made an ISO for all 196 NTSC WiiWare titles and put them in a seperate version of wiiflow to run off my fat partition, and the other runs my wii games themselves off wbfs, i would be happy to share them but the problem is there is no covers for them yet, im waiting for spayrosam to complete 3ISO studio's V5 to make all the NTSC covers from the wad file itself, I been unable to find any NTSC full covers HQ otherwise just front and such for USB loader GX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
I just committed r38. It contains the fix for Peppa Pig and the crash when launched from Priiloader, as found by Plasma. Nothing more, nothing less.

About the rest of the bugs, I've seen your posts, and I'm looking into most of them. Please be patient, and remember, the end of this week is time for my vacation. I'll be gone for over a week then.

I've just found another bug in the one you posted for me which I guess is the same as R38. I'm loading my covers from USB:/wiiflow/boxcovers, all works fine. I recently added 2 x ISO Forwarders (HBC and Super Mario 64), While both forwarders work the covers have a problem ..
  • I downloaded and copied the 2 covers in question to my "boxcovers" directory manually on the PC.
  • I start WiiFlow I can see the 2 new covers appear in the row of covers
  • As I flick through and they become the main focus cover, the cover imediately goes black! (And stays that way)
  • I delete the Cache for these 2 and repeat, same happens, image appears in row, but as it comes in focus it blacks out.
I'm pretty sure all my previous covers in the Cache were built with previous releases. If I try turning it off with one of the games in focus, deleteing the cache for these covers then turning it back on, the cover is displayed fine, however if I flick off it then back on, black it goeth! I'm not sure if its because these are on Forwarder ISO's or if its related to the USB corrupt covers issue! Any Ideas??

Let me know if you need any more info / youtube video showing it happening, or any other way I can assist!

Plasma

emg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
wiimanizer said:
is wiiflow able to load wiiware games?
No.
This can be done, as others have stated on this page, with ISO forwarders which call triiforce or triiforce MRC on the back end to launch the wiiware/vc games. Actually, several folks have put a lot of work into this already. It's something I'm using with my current setup.

Please see the triiforce MRC thread - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184568&st=450

Post #8 on this page by Kallstar, begins with "Hi Guys, the old forwarders are now history".

He has provided links to full NTSC wiiware iso forwarders for your usb loader, as well as .dol forwarders that go on your usb hdd fat32 partition which launch the wiiware games (2 stage forwarder process). Several pages back he also included instructions for what he did so you can do this for all your favorite vc games or non-NTSC titles that he didn't do yet.

Additionally, he has put a lot of work into the coverart, and has a full 3d cover set that looks great in wiiflow.

And lastly, he has prefixed all the wiiware games with WW- to keep them all grouped together near the end of your title list, and they blend in perfectly with your wii titles and 3d art.

Hope this helps anyone interested in doing the same!

emg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
Kovani said:

Plasma

This is indeed true, i have made an ISO for all 196 NTSC WiiWare titles and put them in a seperate version of wiiflow to run off my fat partition, and the other runs my wii games themselves off wbfs, i would be happy to share them but the problem is there is no covers for them yet, im waiting for spayrosam to complete 3ISO studio's V5 to make all the NTSC covers from the wad file itself, I been unable to find any NTSC full covers HQ otherwise just front and such for USB loader GX

This should help get you going....Quoting as to give credit to the author, pulled from the triiforce MRC thread I mentioned in my last post. This may not have the covers for the most recent wiiware released, but it should get you pretty close, and give you something to build off of if it's not fully complete. See below from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184568&st=450 Post #8 (kallstar).

QUOTE(kallstar @ Jan 18 2010, 10:29 AM)
(2d Full-Quick Conversion Pack 512x340 NTSC-U Wiiware Icon Pack 2010.01.18.rar
(Please note the new "Full-Quick" conversion pack is 512x340 instead of 1024x680. Theres two reasons for this, 1) it loads MUCH much faster than the larger covers and 2) its simply my small icons stretched out behind a template so there will be no quality gain going to the larger size. The white boarder around the question mark was also slightly increased so that it displays better in Configurable USB Loader
smile.gif

Here is an example of the "Full-Quick" conversion pack. They will all look like this with no proper back/binder.
WC6E00-1.png

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Benjay said:
if it's just for a few games , download them from WiiTDB on your PC , and add them manually.

hey who said I was using a PC
laugh.gif

I use a MAC so if you know of any apps that will pull down the covers from WIITDB please let me know, thanks !

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doctair said:
I use a MAC so if you know of any apps that will pull down the covers from WIITDB please let me know, thanks !

Erm .. Right Click .... Save As .....

I search for them manually on WiiTDB then download them and pop them on the drive manually.

Plasma

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@emg Yes thanks for the links, i have looked at kallstars work and it is great, infact he is what got me started into all this lol, My problem is i have yet to get wiiflow to display any manually added covers as it will not create the cache.wfc file so they all remain blank ive google searched up/down and even asked here before a while back and everyone says the same thing, ive tried it several times and still no luck lol. Im trying to use kallstars images as a temp replacement untill i can make full HQ covers but it just wont work for me lol

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Erm .. Right Click .... Save As .....

right click ahh man.... sorry I read on WIITDB that pc programs like the Game Managers can download them for you.. but I haven't find a MAC version as of yet..

you PC guys have all the fun
cry.gif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just found another bug in the one you posted for me which I guess is the same as R38. I'm loading my covers from USB:/wiiflow/boxcovers, all works fine. I recently added 2 x ISO Forwarders (HBC and Super Mario 64), While both forwarders work the covers have a problem ..
  • I downloaded and copied the 2 covers in question to my "boxcovers" directory manually on the PC.
  • I start WiiFlow I can see the 2 new covers appear in the row of covers
  • As I flick through and they become the main focus cover, the cover imediately goes black! (And stays that way)
  • I delete the Cache for these 2 and repeat, same happens, image appears in row, but as it comes in focus it blacks out.
I'm pretty sure all my previous covers in the Cache were built with previous releases. If I try turning it off with one of the games in focus, deleteing the cache for these covers then turning it back on, the cover is displayed fine, however if I flick off it then back on, black it goeth! I'm not sure if its because these are on Forwarder ISO's or if its related to the USB corrupt covers issue! Any Ideas??

If I delete the 2 cache files for these covers, load R25, let it re-build the Cache files then go back to R38 the problem dissapears. So it seems the issue is in R38 and the bulding of covers from USB FAT.

Plasma

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doctair said:
you PC guys have all the fun
cry.gif

biggrin.gif
I'm not 100% PC, got a Mac and 2 MacBook Pro's, plus 3 PC's and a PC Laptop
biggrin.gif

So I have the best of all worlds!
biggrin.gif

Plasma

I several MACs and have PCs too, I just tend to spend more time on the MACs and if you ever noticed unless you have a program to delete all the resource forks on a mac when you copy your SD card over to the Wii you will see all the ._ filename. Not such a big deal but the first time I ran WAD manager I saw all of them and wasn't sure which was which.. For all you fellow MAC users , Check out BlueHarvest for MAC, keeps all your USB/SD/SMB drives clean..

Cheers,

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Doctair said:
I several MACs and have PCs too, I just tend to spend more time on the MACs and if you ever noticed unless you have a program to delete all the resource forks on a mac when you copy your SD card over to the Wii you will see all the ._ filename. Not such a big deal but the first time I ran WAD manager I saw all of them and wasn't sure which was which.. For all you fellow MAC users , Check out BlueHarvest for MAC, keeps all your USB/SD/SMB drives clean..

Cheers,
Try to run in terminal:
dot_clean /volumes/Wii_SD_Card_Name_Here

the dot_clean terminal command should remove the Mac hidden files....

Cambo
(Mac Addicted since 1991)

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiNero said:
r-win, are you using libfat 1.0.6 to compile WiiFlow? It is still faulty and it causes corrupted covers. See: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/source/detail?r=25
True, but 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 seems to have the same effect. And we are using 1.0.7, with the fixes from oggzee. It works nice in CFG Loader USB, but doesn't seem to work with wiiflow. Weird...

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cambric said:
Doctair said:

Cheers,
Try to run in terminal:
dot_clean /volumes/Wii_SD_Card_Name_Here

the dot_clean terminal command should remove the Mac hidden files....

Cambo
(Mac Addicted since 1991)
Cambric, thanks for the tip, I just prefer the BlueHarvest as its always running in the background. This works really well when I visit client sites and I have to save files in different server shares.

sorry for all this off topic discussion, WiiFlow Rawks!
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.