Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
r-win said:
That was supposed to be fixed with the latest revision (r39). Is it not?
Woops, sorry, my fault. I have three different versions of Wiiflow in the same folder, and I tested the wrong one
wacko.gif
. With r39, everything is fine and works, great work
smile.gif
! Again, I'm sorry for my mistake...I need to check better first
frown.gif

Btw: Woah...guess the next revs are going to be awesome Updates...MP3-Music, new Gecko-Engine...realy awesome
biggrin.gif
. And about the Disc+/FAT-Support from Wanin...maybe it's even better to wait for the next rev. Wanin stated that he'll try another version of the BlockIOSReload, and he hinted that maybe Oggzees Fragment-List will be included by default...
wink.gif

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
@ r-win

I have some problem with R39

- WBFS partitions dont work
- I cannot install or delete any games (FAT32 MODE)

Do you have an "language.ini" file for the new version? so we can make some translations.

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using Fat32, unable to Install or Delete too. everything else just rocks! i modded all old themes to work with R39 and used a template wii boxart (with one or two wii logos added) instead of the original nopic.png files. That way, the games with no cover just looks like other ones at first look. I added a private site as d/l source for covers so i can d\l my custom covers from wiiflow instead of adding them manually. The possibility to install my huge collection of original games to wiiflow directly from the menu is really more useful for me than ocarina, i can still play games through wiiflow without ocarina but i can't install original wii disc from wiiflow without that option... Anyway being able to load .wbfs games from Fat is awesome! with this, and iso fowarders pointing to softchip autoboot with gameid's of iosreload games, this rev of wiiflow makes my wii 100% compatible to all existing titles, so millions thank you's to all! and don't give up!

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions about a possible setup for my Wii and a friend's, and then another question regarding Macs. From what I've read and tried, when loading Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero 5 from WiiFlow using Hermes 223v5 set as 37, I can download music, save to the SD card and play without having the song stuck in the Wii's memory. I was also able to get it with Wani's 249v19 using 37, or at least RB2, didn't try download/load with GH5. Sadly, GH5 would not recognize my SDHC card in either setup. I've been using xabby666's release of, I believe r28 which loads off of 224v5. So, having said all this, I've been using WBFS and am modding my friend's Wii at the same time. I'm slightly torn about sticking with WBFS or going to FAT, since I've got quite a few games on my drive. If I stay with this version of WiiFlow I'll stick with WBFS of course... ok, enough babble, on to the meat.

Since I can load both games with 223v5, is there any point to staying on 249v19? I'd like to make things easy for my friend and the WadManager defaults to 249, not to mention me being lazy. ;-) Would it make sense to stay on 249v17 then and stick with this version of WiiFlow until something better comes along? With RB2 I'm also thinking of using this idea, loading the DLC onto NAND on the HDD and loading it with uLoader, but only for the one game.

As far as WBFS vs FAT, I read through this thread and am sorely tempted. I would also miss the option to DL HQ cover art and I don't use the cheats, so that menu isn't useful for me. I haven't tried Brawl+ you see. Could I get some input from other people who are knowledgeable about such things? I'd appreciate it since I may have gotten to the end of what simply lurking can do.

My question regarding Macs, though, is this - my friend doesn't have a PC you see. I know there's a WBFS manager for Mac, how is it? Would using a FAT32 drive work better for him? Thanks again, and a ton of thanks to the great minds that have created and modified all this software!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
WiiFlow recognized my NTFS HDD, but code dumped me when I try to launch a game
tongue.gif

Once all bugs get removed I'll definitely switch to WiiFlow coz I dont like the GUI of CFG loader and GX does not like my NTFS HDD.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
first of all thanks to r-win for his job.... I made some tests on R39 and I just would like to share my experience in the case it could be useful to the developers...

I have cIOS249 rev17 and cIOS222 v4... i have all the config files (themes and cache folder, language.ini, titles.ini, wiiflow.ini) in SD:/apps/wiiflow/ as required starting from R31
I have the covers in the root of the SD, and the corresponding needed paths are set in the wiiflow.ini file

I tested my three HD (all of them with a single partition, the first WBFS formatted, the second FAT32 formatted, the third one is NTFS)

- No problems at all with the WBFS HD, games loaded, covers shown, config screens in italian language as requested

- The games are loaded in the FAT32 HD, but no covers are shown and everything is in english and not italian (it seems that the wiiflow.ini settings and the languages.ini file are not loaded and hence the loader does not speak italian and does not know where to find the covers)

- The games are loaded in the NTFS HD, covers are shown and italian language is used; the only notice is that I had to choose NTFS1 in the settings 7th page while for the FAT32 HD the partition was automatically chosen.

I hope these infos might be useful to the devs to remove the bugs...

Thanks to the devs for the very good job done...

By the way, I took care about the italian translation of WiiFlow when Hibernatus was the dev.... of course I am ready to update the translation, just let me know ....

Cambo

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
I am still getting the "WBFS_Open Failed: -1" error in r39. I've tried launching it from USB with partition=FAT1 in config.ini, and I've tried running it from SD with just the boot.dol. Do you have any suggestions or do you need any more information from me?

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i stopped having this message after verifying my hdd: another wiiflow folder with a second wiiflow.ini on the Usb drive was the thing who messed everything. deleted any USB\wiiflow references corrected the problem for me...

emg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robotic Earthling said:
I am still getting the "WBFS_Open Failed: -1" error in r39. I've tried launching it from USB with partition=FAT1 in config.ini, and I've tried running it from SD with just the boot.dol. Do you have any suggestions or do you need any more information from me?
For me, it did not properly auto detect my game partition and I would get that error after launch, even with the partition specified in the config.ini. Even though you get the error, you should still be able to hit A to get a screen to access settings. As you scroll through the different settings page, you might get one or two more -1 err's, but you should eventually make it to page 7 where you can change it to FAT1. Does it see your game partition properly then?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cambric said:
- The games are loaded in the FAT32 HD, but no covers are shown and everything is in english and not italian (it seems that the wiiflow.ini settings and the languages.ini file are not loaded and hence the loader does not speak italian and does not know where to find the covers)
Hey Cambo, in fact, is must read the wiiflow.ini, or it would've been defaulting to WBFS1. That would result in you getting the message about WBFS_Open -1. I didn't write any code in wiiflow to detect which partitions are available, and chooses automatically the best one. So, it must be reading your ini file. Can you try the FAT32 harddisc again with some different settings, so that you can distinguish if it reads the config or not? Think about themes, etc.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
r-win said:
cambric said:
Hey Cambo, in fact, is must read the wiiflow.ini, or it would've been defaulting to WBFS1. That would result in you getting the message about WBFS_Open -1. I didn't write any code in wiiflow to detect which partitions are available, and chooses automatically the best one. So, it must be reading your ini file. Can you try the FAT32 harddisc again with some different settings, so that you can distinguish if it reads the config or not? Think about themes, etc.
Let me point out that I have wiiflow, covers and config files all in the SD....
In the test I just disconnect an HD, connect a new one, then reload wiiflow r39...
This evening I will do some more test... feel free to contact me if you want me to test something specific...

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pakatus said:
r-win said:
Pakatus said:
@r-win:

What about newer cIOS support? Wanin's i guess its fully supported in WBFS, but in fat?
and Hermes v5?
Is there a ETA on that?
Well, I should be able to fix that, but after my holiday. So give it a week or two, three.

As much as needed.
Thank you for your effort
smile.gif
Well, maybe a little bit less than two or three weeks, because

Revision r40 committed to SVN

* Initial Hermes cios 222/223/224 rev5 support (depends on the compiled binary!)
* Added support for MP3 music ( issue 85 )
* Added ini parameters for ocarina with the different hooktypes (sorry, no
interface yet!)
- hooktype=0 (No Hook), 1 (VBI), 2 (KPAD read), 3 (Joypad Hook), 4 (GXDraw
Hook), 5 (GXFlush Hook), 6 (OSSleepThread Hook), 7 (AXNextFrame Hook)
- debugger=on|off
Note: these parameters MUST be defined in the correct [GAMEID] section. An
interface is to be added.
* Added saving playcount to the ini now. We don't use it yet, but we might be
* Added function for sorting by playcount. Again, we don't use it yet, but we
might be
* Removed Fat_Mount call before loading cios, since some drives don't like this
* Added changed to italian language by Cambo
* Fixed annoying (small) bug in configuration window 7, where you had to click
multiple times to change the partition

Again, this is a BETA release. Some of my testers reported success with rev5. On
my Wii, it just keeps freezing. Anyway, rev4 is still working fine.

http://wiiflow.googlecode.com/files/r40.dol (as always, compiled with support for Hermes 222)

Have fun. This will be my last revision before the my holiday.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why, but WiiFlow r40 is sooo laggy. Anyone have the same problem?

[Edit] To be more specific, it takes about 1-2 seconds to switch to another game on the main screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte