tnze.jpg

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it worked until i turned the console off than the 4:3 ratio came right back. meaning i'd have to start everything from the hbc forwarder every time meaning i wont be able to use the wiiflow or emulator forwarder channels... :hateit:

Could you try that file out?
http://fix94.no-ip.org/wiiflow_r1053_widescreen_fix.zip
My external hdd is broken atm so I cant test it. If everything works correctly, you should have wiiflow in widescreen mode automatically.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
scummvm-mod8 Plugin

source code

It's compiled with all engines except tony, fullpipe, sword25 and wintermute. The wii port doesn't support the resolutions of these games.
It's not as exciting as I thought, because the audio+subtitles doesn't work for King's Quest6. Perhaps I've made a mistake with compile options or somewhere else.
Or it just doesn't work for this port (it works on PC version though). Discworld 1 and 2 are working so no need for an alt mod anymore(?).
Anyway, it's here for those who'd like to test.

By the way, someone began to work for the official wii port. You can find a test version here. For the moment, the changes are just to be able to compile with latest DevkitPPC (we've already made it here, but unofficially). Let's hope he fixes a few issues, and improves it a bit.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
scummvm-mod8 Plugin

source code

It's compiled with all engines except tony, fullpipe, sword25 and wintermute. The wii port doesn't support the resolutions of these games.
It's not as exciting as I thought, because the audio+subtitles doesn't work for King's Quest6. Perhaps I've made a mistake with compile options or somewhere else.
Or it just doesn't work for this port (it works on PC version though). Discworld 1 and 2 are working so no need for an alt mod anymore(?).
Anyway, it's here for those who'd like to test.

By the way, someone began to work for the official wii port. You can find a test version here. For the moment, the changes are just to be able to compile with latest DevkitPPC (we've already made it here, but unofficially). Let's hope he fixes a few issues, and improves it a bit.
So this dol has same compatibility as our old (scum/alt) setup?
If yes and all is working fine I'll update and remove the alt stuff.
If you think some stuff got broken I can wait keeping the old setup for now until bugs are fixed

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure about full compatibility, because there are more than 100 games to test. The main engines seem ok. The new Mortevielle engine is ok too.
The FM-TOWNS games still have issues though. It'd need more testing to know if something else is broken.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, those files (.dat etc...) are still necessary for some games. They contains hardcoded logic, fonts... Some may have been updated, and can be found in /dists/engine-data from the source code.
The problem is with the scummvm plugins (.plg). I might need help with this, but not sure anyone gives a damn.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thats too old, download that r1053, extract the content into your apps/wiiflow folder and then extract the contents of the widescreen fix zip into that folder to overwrite the boot.dol.

i copied imgs/bins to apps/wiiflow
i copied boot .dol from wiiflow_r1053_widescreen_fix.zip to apps/wiiflow

run wiiflow from starflow forwarder = dsi loop
run wiiflow from hbc 16:9 fixed chan = dsi loop

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
i copied imgs/bins to apps/wiiflow
i copied boot .dol from wiiflow_r1053_widescreen_fix.zip to apps/wiiflow

run wiiflow from starflow forwarder = dsi loop
run wiiflow from hbc 16:9 fixed chan = dsi loop
Just my guess but might need a clean install (temporarily remove the whole /wiiflow folder and the /apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini file)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
No, those files (.dat etc...) are still necessary for some games. They contains hardcoded logic, fonts... Some may have been updated, and can be found in /dists/engine-data from the source code.
The problem is with the scummvm plugins (.plg). I might need help with this, but not sure anyone gives a damn.
Everything seems to be working fine here (I only replaced the dol - still having old extras) except for freezes/error msgs when quitting some games like beneath a steal sky.
I'll test later with new extras

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright. Tested a few more games too. No problem with my Beneath CD when quitting. It should be ok to replace the old one, but I'll keep the other in case. The alt scummvm is still needed for fm-town.
I'm a bit disappointed cause the audio+text doesn't work for Laura Bow 2 and KQ6. It may not be implemented for big endian systems yet.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Alright. Tested a few more games too. No problem with my Beneath CD when quitting. It should be ok to replace the old one, but I'll keep the other in case. The alt scummvm is still needed for fm-town.
I'm a bit disappointed cause the audio+text doesn't work for Laura Bow 2 and KQ6. It may not be implemented for big endian systems yet.
Now I tested with the new extras and steal sky exits to wiiflow after displaying an error msg (no more freezing)
so I updated the dol and scummvm.ini and added the Discworld 1/2 and zak to main dol.
alt dol setup is still there but not via source menu anymore
Thanks Wiim :)

Reactions: spacepimp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice