Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Tobynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thats realy great work, I love it ;)
I´ve installed this mod and now I´m trying to update my theme for this. Can someone give me an example for the code I need to change the settings of the "emulator-button"?
And is it possible, to set each plugin-source as a seperate button in the mainmenu? I mean buttons, were I directly switch from Wii-games to SNES, NES, N65 etc., without going to the emu-page, then settings, then source... ?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Welcome Fox :)

I don't like to nag but:

@Fix94 rev 431 is almost perfect, the bugs found so far:
- Homebrew cache bug mentioned a 1000 time earlier
- Code dumps sometimes when quitting to SM
- a very annoying player 2 wiimote cursor in the center of the screen upon startup (lasts a couple of seconds before disappearing)
- Few games still don't work (black screen) in Wii mode (ex kirby epic y. and okami, maybe others too)
- the above mentioned page # bug in the source page ( also page 1 background is more black than 2 & 3)

Thank you for the great updates - homebrew mode back to wiiflow; ok now :)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good AbdallahTerro! the page button will only say 3 if you have one of the buttons #24 thru 35 setup.

i'm still waiting to see pepxl's and mastershoes' sets.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good AbdallahTerro! the page button will only say 3 if you have one of the buttons #24 thru 35 setup.

I'm tweaking some things right now, i'll have my icon set posted sometime today :)

Also @ everyone using 4:3 settings... I made adjustments to the emuflow's for 4:3 settings this weekend I'll post them or pm them to fledge to incorporate with the themes.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country

Was hoping to get them up today but been preoccupied elsewhere, the set ive done matches the Blue Carbon theme i made, keeps everything looking nice and clean.

Not sure when i can get these out, probably later this week, just curious as the max res an icon can be, currently its 90x90 but can an icon be bigger or is that hardcoded and only changeable via theme .ini

Tobynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any trick, how I can get Scumm to work? No games are displayed in Wiiflow :(
But when I start Scumm via Homebrewchannel, I see my complete gamelist.
Tried to copy scummvm.ini in the plugin folder - not worked...
Tried to edit the scummvm_plugin.ini and linked to apps:scummvm/schummvm.ini - not worked too...
What else can I do?
My scummgames are all on usb...

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I know many people just downloaded the first pack but... I wasn't really v. happy with the looks,
Pngs just look better inside frames:

Changes:
*Added frames - looks like system meny now :) - maybe the devs will start considering an icon/banner flow mode :P
*Corrected Homebrew position to first row
*Kept the transparency to look great with all themes with dark backgrounds

Get it from here: http://www.mediafire...3xiqci0knm771xd
or just visit my wiiflow folder: http://www.mediafire.../?vzc4yp9u0snn4
You'll find default.ini and carbonik.ini with awesome 15 modes
Screenies:
2zqzx3q.jpg

iwhmc8.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello.. i need a little help.. i have the source_menu on (sd:\wiiflow\sourc_menu) and i have the right path on wiiflow.ini .. but i can't see any change in wiiflow.. what i need for see the source menu?

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, great work!
I'm having a heck of a time getting the plugins to work right. In fceugx, I finally got it to recognize the roms by putting them in sd:/fceugx/roms. I thought they needed to be in /wiiflow/plugins/fceugx /roms? Now, I'm trying to get the covers to show. They Need to be named the same as the roms, right? Where do they need to go?

Thanks!!!
Gassy

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, great work!
I'm having a heck of a time getting the plugins to work right. In fceugx, I finally got it to recognize the roms by putting them in sd:/fceugx/roms. I thought they needed to be in /wiiflow/plugins/fceugx /roms? Now, I'm trying to get the covers to show. They Need to be named the same as the roms, right? Where do they need to go?

Thanks!!!
Gassy

I had a bit of a headache myself at first too budd....

Covers should go in Wiiflow/boxcovers/fceugx......they also gotta have the Rom extension i.e. "Super Mario Bros.nes.png" "Super Metroid.smc.png" "Advance Wars.gba.png"

Whutever the Rom ext. include it in the cover name.......MasterShoes has sum nice Renaming apps that should ease the work :yaywii:

mastershoes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well, I finished up my icon set... and then I saw the frames that AbdallahTerro put on his icons and I loved it. So I made this set using the frame that AdT used. I'm waiting to hear back if he minds if i release these with his frames. I'm not trying to start any drama like this other BS goin' around here O.o. So don't pressure me about releasing these, i'mma wait til i get a reply.. it's not like AdT is not active, so it shouldn't be long before I hear back. Also, PepXL, I'm looking forward to your set as well, i'm sure they'll be badass! Oh snap, and the mplayerce icon is a combination of the icon posted by masterjakeway and the hb icon, hopefully MJW doesn't mind that i used his image either!

Source1.png

Source2.png

Alts for - Wii, Homebrew, SNES (Pal Version)
Source1Alt.png

Alts for - MegaDrive (PAL version) - TG16/PCE (PCE version)
Source2Alt.png

These aren't supported, and i have to re-do them yet, but just so ya know, i'll have every emu covered in the above style if any other emu support is released. These are just the couple that I have setup with covers at the moment, and i made quick versions.. I gotta fixup the atari logo's.
Source3.png

Reactions: 2 people

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a bug or is it just me? I've updated to r431 which is Great!! but I've noticed after I select a game, I go to my gears options and I can't access Categories, Cheats, and I got text bubbles mixing together making it impossible to change an option. But it's only like this if I have that game save on my real nand already. Can someone please tell me what's wrong? Thanks.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a bug or is it just me? I've updated to r431 which is Great!! but I've noticed after I select a game, I go to my gears options and I can't access Categories, Cheats, and I got text bubbles mixing together making it impossible to change an option. But it's only like this if I have that game save on my real nand already. Can someone please tell me what's wrong? Thanks.
Are you using the default theme?

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know many people just downloaded the first pack but... I wasn't really v. happy with the looks,
Pngs just look better inside frames:

Changes:
*Added frames - looks like system meny now :) - maybe the devs will start considering an icon/banner flow mode :P

dont expect banners in wiiflow anytime soon....

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the default theme?
Yea. I guess I haven't tried the others.. but I guess it's cause I like how I set mine up. But good point tho, I will try with another theme and see how it looks. Thanks.

Edit: I tested out the rest of the themes and so far it's the same thing. Cheats, Patch Video, Aspect Ratio, NAND Emulation, and IOS have frozen on me

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Page 3 is showing when I press + btn twice!
Are you planning to change the default pngs?
Thanks for the info. I just got back from memorial day bar-b-Que with the in-laws. Your right AbdallahTerro - i just realized I have a minor flaw in the code when you use the controller plus and minus buttons to change pages. Guess I'll have to fix that. :(

As for the icons - love 'em. The border does look good and Mastershoes yours are awesome too. Pepxl - take your time it's fine. Yes the width and height are hard coded but I was thinking of expanding the width since there is room but height is limited. But if I change the width then mastershoes and abdallahterro may have to add transparent background to theirs. If they don't mind then maybe we can all come to unanimous decision of the width. It would have to be 90 to 130 since the icons are spaced every 140. You can still change the size with a theme.ini

As for changing the default images - I don't know. It would be really hard to choose one set over the others. If BostonBC had his website going he could add all of your sets to it for people to download.

mastershoes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my icon set without the frames. I will upload these later, but i gotta head out for awhile, so either later tonight or tomorrow :)

Also... what's the wiiflow shortcut to take screenshots? I can't remember so i've been using my camera O.o

sourceb1.png

sourceb2.png

sourceb3.png

Reactions: 2 people

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a random thought: Any chance of adding subcategories?
Like say you have all you racing games categorized, I would want to subcategorize car games, motorcycle games, off road, and so on. Same with Mplayer.
Videos, movies, tv shows and then by genre.

Also, it'd be nice if wiiflow could auto switch the device. emus are on sd, but I have to switch to usb for movies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo