Hacking WiiConnect24 Safe Or Not??

lettuce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a WiiKey v1 and am on 3.2E with Starfall 0.5 installed. Is it safe for me to have WiiConnect24 turned on so i can use the Weather, Shop and News channels, or will this cause my Wii to get updated to the latest FW with out me knowing or confiming to do so???

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol @ the name lettuce
biggrin.gif

lettuce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Completely safe
Just don't allow the 'nintendo channel' to share data (if you have that channel)

Nintendo Channel, is that the shop channel?, if not nah i dont have the Nintendo channel, what is the nintendo channel if its not the shop channel then?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the nintendo channel is a fucking huge waste of space (literally). takes up about 1600 blocks and is merely a video they ship their current units with. it demonstrates how to play it, download etc.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lettuce said:
tj_cool said:
Completely safe
Just don't allow the 'nintendo channel' to share data (if you have that channel)

Nintendo Channel, is that the shop channel?, if not nah i dont have the Nintendo channel, what is the nintendo channel if its not the shop channel then?
Nope its not the shop channel
Its a channel (that is found for download In the shop) with short movies and info about games
and it has some ds download games

you can also rate games and more, but that requires the data sharing function

fathawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be safe for updates but it is not healthy for your GPU. It will overheat with the Wii in standby.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Install Preloader. It can do something cool. You can keep standby internet on, so the channels will work. But when you turn off the wii, if will actually be turned off and not go into standby mode.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
fathawg said:
It may be safe for updates but it is not healthy for your GPU. It will overheat with the Wii in standby.

Standby connection is a waste of power yeah! I'd suggest wiiconnect24 on / standby connection off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up