Gaming Wii Zelda.

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was playing a little zelda twighlight on my wii when i thought of something, "what will the next Zelda title be like?". Now in my opinion zelda twighlight is definitely not a wii zelda, just a gamecube zelda with some add-on things. So i started thinking about it a little and frankly, i have absolutely no idea of what they might do next.

They've already done the creative cellshaded wind-waker with completely different enviorments, and they've also done the "realistic" and more traditional zelda-game with the twighlight princess. So in matter of looks...i have absolutely no clue.
And for the gameplay, i think, that they'll try something either completely out of this world blow your mind shit that really uses the wiimote+nunchuck in ways that's never been done before and works really really well, or they'll play the safe card and make the controlls reeeeally simple like smg, or they'll do the same as ssbb and mario kart, and make 1 of each sort (wiimote, wiimote+nunchuck etc.).

And what about voice acting? I hope they use it (but only if they use it in a good way with really good voiceactors!), and if they make an english dub of it....well...let's just hope they don't fuck it up. I also think some sort of online-feature will be included but it'll prolly suck ass, laggy as hell, and really restricted.

These were just some of my thoughs and theories, and i was wondering what your thoughts are on the upcoming Zelda title for the wii? What are your theories? What do you want to be included? Etc.etc.

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it's time for a complete new zelda game with fresh content and a new scenario, maybe something in the future with a complete new world and so on.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Here's my hope: They do the next zelda... in a completely different timeline. Like, seperate from every other timeline so far in the Zelda series. This gives them a chance to start brand new with absolutely no restrictions, all the while not forcing them to disregard the past 20 years of work.

You start off with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, the Goddesses and The Triforce. Possibly Hyrule, too. THAT'S IT. Nintendo goes from there. Ganondorf could be a good person gone bad, Ganondorf could be a good person that's misunderstood. Zelda could be a stuck up cow who has to be persuaded to help. Link could be the rebellious or bad ass type. There is no need to rely on older material - because this is the beginning of a new timeline. No shit to tie you down.

This is what I hope happens. Clearly, Nintendo wants to retrofit a storyline onto a series which wasn't designed for one. So, why not bring one? New start, new ideas, new everything.

methodone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Teej said:
Here's my hope: They do the next zelda... in a completely different timeline. Like, seperate from every other timeline so far in the Zelda series. This gives them a chance to start brand new with absolutely no restrictions, all the while not forcing them to disregard the past 20 years of work.

You start off with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, the Goddesses and The Triforce. Possibly Hyrule, too. THAT'S IT. Nintendo goes from there.

Don't most Zelda games do exactly that? It seems like they all have different timelines, different stories, different worlds, etc. I don't think there's any unifying timeline/storyline that ties all the Zelda games together (now im sure some nerd is gonna pop out with their ridiculously detailed charts and graphs to prove me wrong)

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
methodone said:
The Teej said:

You start off with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, the Goddesses and The Triforce. Possibly Hyrule, too. THAT'S IT. Nintendo goes from there.

Don't most Zelda games do exactly that? It seems like they all have different timelines, different stories, different worlds, etc. I don't think there's any unifying timeline/storyline that ties all the Zelda games together (now im sure some nerd is gonna pop out with their ridiculously detailed charts and graphs to prove me wrong)
Why bother. Miyamoto already said that there is a real timeline. It's just not public.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
methodone said:
The Teej said:

Currently, there are two timelines.

While originally it used to be "the usual people, go!" it's now basing itself off of previous games (see WW, TP and MM basing itself off of OoT, OoT basing itself off of LTTP (or, so people assume), and PH basing itself off of WW, oh, and TMC/FS/FSA all being part of the same thing). There's also two timelines, the adult and young link timelines. OoT is in the beginning, then it branches off into MM and TP, then in the other, there's WW and PH. LTTP is in one of the timelines, and so are the others, except it's not really clear because it's a timeline that's retrofitted, not built from the ground-up. They have different stories as such, but it's all pretty much the same formulaic plot, unless it's something like MM. Even WW, which had a seriously bad ass storyline, still followed a formulaic plot.

Sure, you don't need a brand new timeline, but people will be all "yeah so where does this go? why does it make no sense? how does it follow from TP?". With a new timeline, there will be none of that. It allows for a proper, set out, timeline.

Think Batman Begins, same people, new twist, different timeline.

yaholim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Be Epona and win the great swimsuit to be scubaboy and save the pool...

Seriously we need the link between Hyrule plain and Hyrule sea XD

A tetris like.... you search animals and put them in a boat (Red Lion boat) to save the world and have date with Zelda (finaly)
We can even have a beard !

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As long as Nintendo doesn't take the series into a Final Fantasyesque futuristic setting, I'll be happy.

OoT is one that should never be remade -- it's a timeless classic, a masterpiece that will likely never be equalled.

I remember all the criticism when TWW came out -- many claimed the cel-shaded graphics were 'too kiddie' or 'too cartoony', yet it is probably the most-loved Zelda title after Ocarina of Time.

For some reason, I couldn't get into TP. As others have said it's not an exclusive Wii title and it doesn't bring much to the table in the way of new innovations save the Wii control scheme.

It really doesn't matter to me what they do for the next Zelda. It's a given that the best development house in the world is going to release the fun, polished titles that we've come to expect (and love).

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii controls were not innovative by any means. TP was ALWAYS intended to be a GCN game, they just decided to tack on some mediocre motion controls and completely flip the world map so they could release it on the Wii since it got delayed so damn much.

@ stok3d: Final Fantasy is NOT futuristic-y. 3 of the 12 main ones take place in medieval times on the brink of technology. FFVII, VIII, and XII are completely different from every other one (I'm not sure about XI since I never played it 'cause I don't have interwebs at home).

@ The Teej: The time line may not be public, but it's fairly easy to figure out. Originally, OoT was the earliest LoZ game, until Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap. The Minish Cap is confirmed beyond any doubt to be the earliest in the time line with FS and FSA following shortly after. Then comes OoT which is the game that causes the split time line. Branching off from the child time line comes Majora's Mask. Branching off from the adult time line is LTTP. This is clear due to the mention of the imprisonment war that happens in Hyrule where Ganon is trapped in the Sacred Realm (since Hyrule would no longer exist were it to come after WW). The Legend of Zelda clearly comes after LTTP, before WW, since Ganon has escaped the Dark World which he was imprisoned in after LTTP and The Adventures of Link directly after since they are confirmed to be the same Link, just different Zeldas. Which leaves WW to come after TAL in the adult time line since it speaks of the original imprisonment war from OoT with Phantom Hourglass immediately following (even though that wouldn't matter at all if you know the ending). Now, that leaves Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, and Twilight Princess. Link's Awakening's placement is completely ambiguous. It adds nothing to the main story and could, very easily, fit into ANY section of the time line, but IMHO it comes after MM in the child time line. The Oracle games are also fairly ambiguous. There is clear mention of something having happened from an imprisonment war, but no details are given. There is much confusion over these game's placement as well as LA's, but all three can be placed anywhere without the story being effected at all. OoS/A MUST come in the adult time line or after TP (which I don't believe they do) since Ganon gets resurrected from some prison, but it's not specified where. And finally, Twilight Princess is the latest game to come I the child time line. It speaks of an imprisonment war that never actually happened at any time in the adult time line and TP's Hyrule is very similar to OoT's.

So, in so many words, the time line goes:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A Link to the Past-Zelda I-Zelda II-OoS/A?-WW-PH
The Minish Cap-Four Swords/FSA-Ocarina of Time<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Majora's Mask-LA?-Twilight Princess-OoS/A?

Argue all you would like about the time line, but I've studied it fairly strictly and am positive of my placement (other than LA and OoS/A).[/off-topic wall of text]

About the newest Zelda, it is going to be completely different than any of us can fathom. It was already stated that Twilight Princess would be the last Legend of Zelda game "As we know it." I do not know what direction they will take it, but I do know it will be radically different from any other game.

EDITED for stupidity.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
CYatta said:
methodone said:
The Teej said:

Why bother. Miyamoto already said that there is a real timeline. It's just not public.

Where did he said that? I love to read his interviews and he NEVER said such a thing.

Geez, you guys and your "timelines".
The only games that really have timelines = OOT, MM, WW and PH. in that order since they start where the other ended.

The rest is all imagination... at least until i heard from Miyamoto himself that theres a timeline.

Oh yeah the only zelda timeline i saw, was the dates+sales of the zelda games up until Wind Waker.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read my post and you will see that there is a fairly clear time line. And it has been confirmed that there IS a time line, just not by Miyamoto. There was an article where one of the developers released that they had one, but it wasn't made public to anyone but himself so the devs can create the game unconscious of where it should go and it could be placed later on.

BTW, this means that there is no chance of the holes in the story line ever being filled or the time line completely effecting the entire series.

hamchan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hero-Link said:
CYatta said:
methodone said:
The Teej said:

Where did he said that? I love to read his interviews and he NEVER said such a thing.

Geez, you guys and your "timelines".
The only games that really have timelines = OOT, MM, WW and PH. in that order since they start where the other ended.

The rest is all imagination... at least until i heard from Miyamoto himself that theres a timeline.

Oh yeah the only zelda timeline i saw, was the dates+sales of the zelda games up until Wind Waker.

Yes there is a timeline. CBB looking for it but they definitely did say there was a timeline. So far the split timeline is the most logical. The 4 games you mentioned are not in the same timeline. Really it would go more like this

-OOT-TP-WW-PH
-OOT-MM

From there they just fit in the rest of the series in. A timeline isn't something that can't exist in a game like this that has continuity...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: