Wii vs PSP homebrew scene

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by robiul, Jan 27, 2009.

?

Which do you think is the better homebrew scene, or will be better in the future?

1. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PSP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jan 27, 2009

Wii vs PSP homebrew scene by robiul at 9:28 AM (1,358 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. robiul
    OP

Member robiul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Give us your opinions.

2. godsakes

Member godsakes GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i think the current PSP homebrew is better (great arcade emulators, streaming, psx etc)

but i'd suspect in the end the wii will end up with better stuff but it's got some catching up to do, while streaming would be far better on the wii i wonder if it would catch up to the orginal xbox XBMC

3. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    This. Oh, what a beast the original Xbox was... It's a pity it didn't do as well as the 360 is doing now. It would have been the best console ever by far :'(

Well, on topic, I know that the PSP scene is quite good. The PSX emulator is great and it has native support for multimedia files. The Wii homebrew is also great, though the console was released more than a year after the PSP. The handheld obviously has the advantage of being longer in the market. I'd say they're about the same right now, mostly because what one lacks, the other has, but take into account that my experience with PSP homebrew is limited to what I read on the Internet [​IMG]

4. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    streaming is better, + the wii has the homebrewbrowser

another good thing about the wii homebrew scene is that almost everything is on the same website

5. robiul
    OP

United States
    Hmm I'm thinking of buying a PSP now.

6. godsakes

United Kingdom
    they're worth it if only to emulate some of the arcade games - being able to play marvel vs capcom on the move is amazing, as is streaming (with pimpstreamer) to the PSP while in bed.

the only real downside with the PSP is the battery life could be better and there's not that many PSP games but there are some gems, recently i've been hooked on 'Jeane de arc' which is a tactical RPG and it blows away the likes of fire emblem (be it ds or wii versions). It seems strange but PSP games seem to feature more voice acting and FMVs than most typical Wii games.

For homebrew the PSP really kicks bottom, it's only IMHO beaten by the orginal Xbox

7. robiul
    OP

United States
    I heard there is a HD TV feature

8. godsakes

United Kingdom
    you can get component cables to output to your tv - but games are not full screen (which seems to defeat the point of them) - i think film playback/images works at full screen but never tested that myself

there is a plugin which enables scart cables to work and full screen support but it can cause slowdown on some games in any case my Wii takes up the component cable slots on my TV and i find it a real hassle swapping them over for the PSP so I just just mine as a handheld.

9. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    wii, because this is in wii discussion.

10. domo kun

Newcomer domo kun Advanced Member

Canada
    The PSP has the best homebrew games out of Wii and PSP. The Wii has some decent homebrew but nothing worth playing for more than an hour and then deleting it. PSP on the other hand has amazing homebrew and I actually play the homebrew more than the actual games now. PSPRevolution is very good and I have played it countless hours, and I'm actually really good at it now.

11. robiul
    OP

United States
    Explain more, what extra features in terms of emulator is there? I've hacked the psp before before didn't dell into it much.