Gaming Wii vs PSP homebrew scene

Which do you think is the better homebrew scene, or will be better in the future?

• Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PSP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
i think the current PSP homebrew is better (great arcade emulators, streaming, psx etc)

but i'd suspect in the end the wii will end up with better stuff but it's got some catching up to do, while streaming would be far better on the wii i wonder if it would catch up to the orginal xbox XBMC

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
godsakes said:
i think the current PSP homebrew is better (great arcade emulators, streaming, psx etc)

but i'd suspect in the end the wii will end up with better stuff but it's got some catching up to do, while streaming would be far better on the wii i wonder if it would catch up to the orginal xbox XBMC

This. Oh, what a beast the original Xbox was... It's a pity it didn't do as well as the 360 is doing now. It would have been the best console ever by far :'(

Well, on topic, I know that the PSP scene is quite good. The PSX emulator is great and it has native support for multimedia files. The Wii homebrew is also great, though the console was released more than a year after the PSP. The handheld obviously has the advantage of being longer in the market. I'd say they're about the same right now, mostly because what one lacks, the other has, but take into account that my experience with PSP homebrew is limited to what I read on the Internet
tongue.gif

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
streaming is better, + the wii has the homebrewbrowser

another good thing about the wii homebrew scene is that almost everything is on the same website

robiul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godsakes said:

Hmm I'm thinking of buying a PSP now.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
robiul said:
Hmm I'm thinking of buying a PSP now.

they're worth it if only to emulate some of the arcade games - being able to play marvel vs capcom on the move is amazing, as is streaming (with pimpstreamer) to the PSP while in bed.

the only real downside with the PSP is the battery life could be better and there's not that many PSP games but there are some gems, recently i've been hooked on 'Jeane de arc' which is a tactical RPG and it blows away the likes of fire emblem (be it ds or wii versions). It seems strange but PSP games seem to feature more voice acting and FMVs than most typical Wii games.

For homebrew the PSP really kicks bottom, it's only IMHO beaten by the orginal Xbox

robiul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godsakes said:
they're worth it if only to emulate some of the arcade games - being able to play marvel vs capcom on the move is amazing, as is streaming (with pimpstreamer) to the PSP while in bed.

the only real downside with the PSP is the battery life could be better and there's not that many PSP games but there are some gems, recently i've been hooked on 'Jeane de arc' which is a tactical RPG and it blows away the likes of fire emblem (be it ds or wii versions). It seems strange but PSP games seem to feature more voice acting and FMVs than most typical Wii games.

For homebrew the PSP really kicks bottom, it's only IMHO beaten by the orginal Xbox

I heard there is a HD TV feature

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
robiul said:
I heard there is a HD TV feature
you can get component cables to output to your tv - but games are not full screen (which seems to defeat the point of them) - i think film playback/images works at full screen but never tested that myself

there is a plugin which enables scart cables to work and full screen support but it can cause slowdown on some games in any case my Wii takes up the component cable slots on my TV and i find it a real hassle swapping them over for the PSP so I just just mine as a handheld.

domo kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The PSP has the best homebrew games out of Wii and PSP. The Wii has some decent homebrew but nothing worth playing for more than an hour and then deleting it. PSP on the other hand has amazing homebrew and I actually play the homebrew more than the actual games now. PSPRevolution is very good and I have played it countless hours, and I'm actually really good at it now.

robiul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
domo kun said:
The PSP has the best homebrew games out of Wii and PSP. The Wii has some decent homebrew but nothing worth playing for more than an hour and then deleting it. PSP on the other hand has amazing homebrew and I actually play the homebrew more than the actual games now. PSPRevolution is very good and I have played it countless hours, and I'm actually really good at it now.

Explain more, what extra features in terms of emulator is there? I've hacked the psp before before didn't dell into it much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...