Hacking Wii Video Mode Changer - Full Region Free. NTSC USA/JAP to PAL. 50/60h

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
alucard_xs said:
"Added support for a new video mode used in SSBB."->what resolution is it ? and PAL or NTSC ?

Not sure what was added, but I know that v2 used to crash when you dropped the main.dol file onto the Video Mode Patcher...

v2.1 seems to fix this problem, but as you can see from my post above it doesn't seem to change much.

A

alucard_xs

Now i'm waiting for the freeloader
smile.gif

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dragon Quest Swords is working on my PAL console, just used the smart patcher and BAM. Could it be true - no more waiting months for PAL releases? Absolutely brilliant stuff.

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can someone write the correct order for patching No More Heroes USA with PAL region fix + 480p ??
E.g.
1. extract nmh from rars (torrent)
2. extract mail.dol from nmh.iso using trucha (2nd partition)
3. drag 'n drop main.dol to wii-vnc.exe
4. change to 480p and save
5. replace the old main.dol to nmh.iso with the new main.dol using trucha
6. right click on 2nd partition and sign it
7. make the patch for region fix (to PAL)
8. burn

Please...

speccy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone managed to get Williams Pinball collection working on PAL?

With VMC 2.1 (smart patcher method) it gets to the title screen, but crashes on the demo video.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The smart patcher doesn´t always change all the video modes.

I checked the main .dol´s for Manhunt 2, and Elebits. The smart patcher changed all modes on one, but not the other (don´t remember which).

I just use the brute patcher, and it changes them all, so no chance of not getting the right one! (In my case I have to use PAL 576i, because of my T.V., if I ever get a new T.V., I´ll have to reburn any games I made with this patcher!)

Williams Pinball does work on my T.V. (at PAL 576i). Just brute patch it to best match what your t.v. can best output.

You may have to set your Wii to normal PAL settings. With Elebits, I brute forced PAL 576i, but I still have to set my Wii to PAL480i (60HZ) for it to run without crashing. Works perfect!

Great tool, but if a new Wii firm update fixes the TRUCHA Signer loophole, then I might have a few frisbees.

calilatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody !

I've just tried to patch Wiisports PAL and Wario Ware PAL with Wii-vmc to work with my US system and it didn't work. Does anyone try this (PAL -> NTSC) ? And did it work ?

Thanks

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
boobooman said:
^^ thats right, done mine the same was and works fine in 460p
smile.gif

It's weird. I did it in that order but Wii didn't recognize it. I tested in a DVD-RW by the way. But shouldn't have at least the logo image in the Disc channel in Wii ??? It doesn't show anything. Like I didn't insert anything.

[-BiG_W-]

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[-BiG_W- said:
]
bosscolor said:
[-BiG_W- said:
]
Right, tried NMH with regionfrii and the ppf patch and it still gives me a black screen.

What's your wii tv settings and language?

PAL Wii, 480p widescreen. Language is English.

Right - I did this the long way round by editing the file and re-signing it with trucha and that worked a treat. I guess the ppf patch is not working in some way.

speccy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
callmebob said:
The smart patcher doesn´t always change all the video modes.

I checked the main .dol´s for Manhunt 2, and Elebits. The smart patcher changed all modes on one, but not the other (don´t remember which).

I just use the brute patcher, and it changes them all, so no chance of not getting the right one! (In my case I have to use PAL 576i, because of my T.V., if I ever get a new T.V., I´ll have to reburn any games I made with this patcher!)

Williams Pinball does work on my T.V. (at PAL 576i). Just brute patch it to best match what your t.v. can best output.

You may have to set your Wii to normal PAL settings. With Elebits, I brute forced PAL 576i, but I still have to set my Wii to PAL480i (60HZ) for it to run without crashing. Works perfect!

Great tool, but if a new Wii firm update fixes the TRUCHA Signer loophole, then I might have a few frisbees.

Thanks callmebob. Tried the brute patch method on Williams Pinball at PAL 576i and it works great! There's a black bar along the bottom of the screen but it's no big deal.

So when I get my big LCD telly back next week, which connects via a component cable, will I have to re-patch the ISO again - this time at 480p?

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo