Hacking Wii Update 3.1

elmnt61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone on IGN w/ WiiKey said he updated and now wii will directly load the game instead of going to the homescreen first... that's all i know. i haven't upgraded myself.

gEist

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well..... everything is fine here... and... finally i think java works in opera/ internet channel
wink.gif

meebo works here
biggrin.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've tried upgrading on a PAL wii with wiikey fitted. It gets to 1/4 of the way then says the wii can't upgrade because of an internal error. I'm wondering if its the mod chip or that its too busy with everyone downloading the update? I just hope they've made opera work with the keyboard this time. That's the only update I want.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
'You can now use a USB keyboard with the Wii menu'

Hm, I wonder if it works with the internet channel. Someone try it!

gEist

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

topboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone on IGN w/ WiiKey said he updated and now wii will directly load the game instead of going to the homescreen first... that's all i know. i haven't upgraded myself.
I have Wiikey/ USA. I updated...............it does not directly start the game. So i guess its pretty safe to update. I tested DBZ 3 JAP, works

SuperGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I have Wiikey/ USA. I updated...............it does not directly start the game. So i guess its pretty safe to update. I tested DBZ 3 JAP, works

Does that mean Nintendo has figured out a way to detect modchips? O.O

Not yet. He said that in response to the guy that said that the Wii games boot directly, not that the game won't boot
tongue.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Update done
smile.gif

Wii: Europe/PAL
Firmware: 3.1E
Chipset: DMS
Modchips: WiiKey / CycloWiz / WiiFree / ChiiP / OpenWii / Hacked Wiinja V2 for PIC 12F629 / Yaosm / WiiKey Hacked for ATMEL

All work well after the update.

USB Keyboard works fine on Wii for sending messages, DOES NOT work in Opera for Wii

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
USB Keyboard *does* work for Opera, you just need to download a update for the browser in the shop channel.

There's also a Update for the Everybody Votes channel, though I've yet to figure out what it does.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
USA + Wiikey + Internet Update + Every1 votes update = fine. my wii didn't go kaboom

And modchips now violtate the TOS. Dunno if they did before. I actually read it. ALL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol