Hacking wii unbrick help

yonu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need abit of help I had a friend bring a wii by that they had attempted to mod by downgrading from 4.2u and now all they get is a black screen on power on.

from what they said they installed bootmii as boot2 couldn't get it to load.

I tried the gc controller in port 4 but was unable to get to recovery mode

any ideas would be great.

Thanks,
yonu

yonu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought of the sd card part so i tried 4 different sd cards

also when it comes on with no sdcard or wit one in it the drive light flashes once when the power button is pushed and that is it

Posts merged

lso if this helps it is a LU70 serial number

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the light flashes only once when powered without an SD Card, he doesn't have bootmii installed as boot2. He likely installed it as an IOS and didn't realize it. If bootmii is installed as boot2, a missing SD would cause the light to flash rapidly several times.

It likely bricked because he either went to a menu below 3.4 (3.3 and older don't work on new wiis), or forgot to install a working system menu IOS.

yonu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since i can't get to the bootmii otions or the recovery screen what are some options and i would almost bet he went to menu 3.2

The reason I say that is he kept talking about when he modded his first wii he hod to downgrade it to 3.2

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why did he downgrade? That is one of THE worst things you can do to a new wii. You should NEVER downgrade a wii below 4.0 anymore. Menus below 3.4 brick new wiis.

The only option now is to send it to Nintendo, see if the store will take it back, or use it as a door stop. It's not repairable as is.

yonu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thank I will tell him and the reson he tried it is because he thought he could use the same mod files and guide from his other wii

Thanks,
yonu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can