Hacking Wii U System Update 5.1.1 is out now.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
let it download it will say preparing than when it says click ok to update simply turn the power off. it won't ask you to update ever again than unless you trigger it manually.

Really? it wont trigger until we go to settings and update by our own?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes it will not update until you say it's ok. unless you have standby on than it does whatever the fuck it wants. there are 2 steps to updating 1st it needs to download it to your wiiu (preparing) than afterwards it will ask you to push ok to update. you can than safely turn the power off at that point. the update is now on your wiiu waiting to be installed and it won't check for it anymore.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
yes it will not update until you say it's ok. unless you have standby on than it does whatever the fuck it wants

So, no standby, got it. I didn't knew it wont install if stoped before installing.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
be warned though after this if you try to use a program that needs to update it will than trigger it to install. from the looks of the other thread were all fucked since anything online pretty much triggers it...

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
be warned though after this if you try to use a program that needs to update it will than trigger it to install. from the looks of the other thread were all fucked since anything online pretty much triggers it...

So we are safe only with IPs and URLs blocked, right?

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, once it's gotten the data from nintendo you're screwed until you update.
I had filters blocked,but I didn`t disable quickmenu.It gives a error of the system update on boot then it asks to update,but I cancel everytime.So am I screwed or what can I do?

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had filters blocked,but I didn`t disable quickmenu.It gives a error of the system update on boot then it asks to update,but I cancel everytime.So am I screwed or what can I do?

The only thing you can really do to remove the update nag is to format your system

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing you can really do to remove the update nag is to format your system
If I format will that delete the free Mario Kart 8 offer game I downloaded from Eshop and does it delete anything in vWii mode.I basically only use vWii mode anyway.I guest not disabling quickmenu is the reason why this happened.Waiting on WiiKeyU anyway.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I format will that delete the free Mario Kart 8 offer game I downloaded from Eshop and does it delete anything in vWii mode.I basically only use vWii mode anyway.I guest not disabling quickmenu is the reason why this happened.Waiting on WiiKeyU anyway.

As long as you recreate your profile, you're able to re-register your Nintendo Network Account and get the free game back. It's on a per-console basis. See: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1466

moc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To get the free game back wouldn't he have to be on 5.1.1 to access the e-shop to download the game?

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
yes it will not update until you say it's ok. unless you have standby on than it does whatever the fuck it wants. there are 2 steps to updating 1st it needs to download it to your wiiu (preparing) than afterwards it will ask you to push ok to update. you can than safely turn the power off at that point. the update is now on your wiiu waiting to be installed and it won't check for it anymore.

Yeah, I learnt the hardway not to leave it in stand-by mode :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol