Hardware Wii U Sd card slot broken

Marioman65

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So by accident I somehow damaged the sd slot after I did an attempt to install homebrew. So I checked Nintendo repairs and it cost 100$ for a...sd slot repair I don't understand. I don't wanna call Nintendo and I tried emailing them, but they said to call them which I really don't want to cause I am shy yes I know it's pathetic. Is there any other options?

Last edited by Marioman65,
D

Deleted User

You'll have to either:
- Pay up
- Call them
- Get someone else to call them
- Do your own repair
- Get someone else to fix it

I think your best option is call them.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel your pain, mine reads but doesn't write. not sure if replacing it would even help, im sure replacing would work in your scenario, but its not a simple repair, decent amount of soldering.

good luck!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nintendo will probably be billing you for a replacement motherboard at that price (i doubt they offer actual repairs other than swapping the whole board.....and even then its steep,you could probably get a whole new unit for that amount

honestly best bet would be either soldering a new SD slot on yourself, or getting someone else to do it for you

or you could try looking inside and seeing if any pins are bent and bending them back into shape

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i feel your pain, mine reads but doesn't write. not sure if replacing it would even help, im sure replacing would work in your scenario, but its not a simple repair, decent amount of soldering.

good luck!
It reads but doesn't write? Maybe the little tab on the side of the SD is getting pushed down when inserting it? Or you can try jiggling the SD card a little bit after putting it in.

Marioman65

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It reads but doesn't write? Maybe the little tab on the side of the SD is getting pushed down when inserting it? Or you can try jiggling the SD card a little bit after putting it in.
Already tried that didnt work

Edit:whoops thought were talking to me xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nintendo will probably be billing you for a replacement motherboard at that price (i doubt they offer actual repairs other than swapping the whole board.....and even then its steep,you could probably get a whole new unit for that amount

honestly best bet would be either soldering a new SD slot on yourself, or getting someone else to do it for you

or you could try looking inside and seeing if any pins are bent and bending them back into shape
some pins are bent so that's probably why it's not working but I don't even have 100$ I don't know what I'm gonna do

Last edited by Marioman65,

SnowmanG1

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey i looked at my sd card slot today and i fixed it. if you look down at the pins you'll see some bent downwards, i managed to pull the bent ones up and now it works. i'm never removing my sd card just because i'm scared of the pins snapping in half.

Edit: Some may think I opened up the console but I didn't. All i used was a flashlight and a small screwdriver to bend the pins back upwards. You could also use a paperclip but I didn't have it around so i look for the smallest thing i could find. After the fix the sd card slot, i dumped the system NAND and i'm now playing CEMU online.

Last edited by SnowmanG1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative