Homebrew Wii u reboots when i launch Hbl2hbc

mony_B22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me preface that i'm a novice to some of the terminology that are used so i apologize in advance if i'm not knowledgeable with the terms used. When i try to launch the application Hbl2hbc application it looks as if it is going to launch only to reboot my wiiu. I added the .elf and .txt files thinking that may resolve the issue but to no avail. I'm sure it is something that i'm overlooking. As far as i know I've only dragged and dropped folders no editing on my behalf. My methods may be outdated even when this new exploit. I'm just going in circles so i'm trying to seek out help. Thanks in advance.

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post your config? I don't think I'll be able to help you, but if you give us some more info somebody else might be able to

mony_B22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post your config? I don't think I'll be able to help you, but if you give us some more info somebody else might be able to

Configs as in what i have in the folders? Is there a command i run to get said configs? Just trying to understand what you mean in this sense of configurations.

mony_B22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just show us what you have in the folders. Sorry that I wasn't very clear

Here's a couple of screenshots of folders that apply to this issue.

Screenshot 2017-09-04 at 6.30.02 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-04 at 6.33.10 PM.png

mony_B22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try adding:
OHBC=Homebrew Channel

Or

OHBC = Homebrew Channel

To your hbl2hbc.txt
Try adding:
OHBC=Homebrew Channel

Or

OHBC = Homebrew Channel

To your hbl2hbc.txt

So i'm not confused, rename OHBC to text file such as hbl2hcOHBC.txt or are you saying technically just had the o after the number 2 on the text file hbl2Ohbc.txt I already tried just adding the o to the file and it did the same thing. I can send a quick video of the results if that helps as well.

Ahhh i see what you mean going in the txt file and adding that. Ill try it out and see what happens.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So i'm not confused, rename OHBC to text file such as hbl2hcOHBC.txt or are you saying technically just had the o after the number 2 on the text file hbl2Ohbc.txt I already tried just adding the o to the file and it did the same thing. I can send a quick video of the results if that helps as well.

Ahhh i see what you mean going in the txt file and adding that. Ill try it out and see what happens.

I just tried it and it rebooted. Do you think it maybe best just to start from scratch and do everything over?

Last edited by mony_B22,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

I attached the .txt, just place it on sd root. Chances are that your Homebrew Channel is not up to date so it has a different ID that hbl2hbc can't recongnize; by default it's "LULZ", I only know 2 IDs for it:
LULZ=Homebrew Channel
OHBC=Homebrew Channel

If that doesn't work you would need update your HBC, or check your HBC ID with another app.

Attachments

• hbl2hbc.rar
    91 bytes · Views: 214

mony_B22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attached the .txt, just place it on sd root. Chances are that your Homebrew Channel is not up to date so it has a different ID that hbl2hbc can't recongnize; by default it's "LULZ", I only know 2 IDs for it:
LULZ=Homebrew Channel
OHBC=Homebrew Channel

If that doesn't work you would need update your HBC, or check your HBC ID with another app.

I just edited the txt file I had, thanks for adding it. It didn't work unfortunately still. Do you know where i can get a updated HBC or checking this HBC ID? Ill just start over if necessary.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I just edited the txt file I had, thanks for adding it. It didn't work unfortunately still. Do you know where i can get a updated HBC or checking this HBC ID? Ill just start over if necessary.
In USB Loader GX there's an option to list system channels, list mode, that should show you the HBC id

mony_B22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In USB Loader GX there's an option to list system channels, list mode, that should show you the HBC id

Ok Ive just downloaded a more current version of HBC as well as the usb loader. I'll add those later and give you the results. Thanks again for your help so far, it's appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: