Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What button do I need to be pressing when I do this? If I do the sync button or any of the face button it just says that it couldn't find the HID device and never makes the link.
Then you probably didnt install Toshiba Bluetooth Stack correctly. Its hard to install this shit right, tough.
Are you using a USB Bluetooth Dongle or Onboard Bluetooth?
And did it spit out any errors during installation?
EDIT: And what about the Wii U sync, did you actually try that? You use the Syn Button btw.

Nate1492

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble at the connection step. I am able to sync and get a device name, but it doesn't show the same name.

I know it's the right device as it only is registered if I sync the controller:

The device name is just some hex:

40:F4:07:CB:64:C0

And when I try to move to the next step of 'please choose the Bluetooth device you wish to use' I get an error of
"Detection of service failed."

Any suggestions?

Striky

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As it's my first message here, I'd like to start by thank TeHaxor69 and Daku93 for their work on bringing the wii u pro controller to Pc.

@Daku93 : I have a request, if it's not too much to ask. I'm using the dlls contained in "ProController v0.1b.rar" : it's working, and again thank you ! But, I would like to know if it's possible for you to rebuild these files while inversing buttons A and B, and buttons X and Y. To be clear, I would like the that "A" button of my wii u pro controller matches the "B" button of the x360 controller, and conversely. And I would like the same inversion for X and Y.

Why do i request that modification ? I know that i could just reassign these buttons inside my games but there are games that don't allow it, such as Mark of the ninja. And believe me, I really tried before coming here to bother you. Besides, I just don't know how to do it myself :<

Again, thank you for your hard work. If you can't answer my request, for whatever reason, I'll completly understand : I know that this demands motivation, some skills and time.

PS : My apologies for my "english", I'm French.

Marcus Quintus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alt button layouts

he said it's in the works, along with being able to also use 360 controllers in conjunction with the WUP controller.

though honestly nintendo's layout works for this stick layout better, since x/a are in a 'closer' position to the stick, and y/b are 'farther' from the stick, just like on xbox. putting them in the xbox orientation would make x/a farther and y/b closer, which is the inverse of what they are on xbox.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is this compatible with emulators like pcsx2 and dolphin?
Also I read somewhere that the analog sticks can only be used digital. Is that true?
With the program you can set keyboard keys and mouse buttons for the controller.
You can also emulate mouse with the control sticks, what works pretty well.
And with the xinput dlls Daku93 recently released, xbox 360 controller emulation works for most games.
The emulated button layout cant be changed yet, though.
Its set like A=A B=B and so on, even though some buttons are positioned differently.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
With the program you can set keyboard keys and mouse buttons for the controller.
You can also emulate mouse with the control sticks, what works pretty well.
And with the xinput dlls Daku93 recently released, xbox 360 controller emulation works for most games.
The emulated button layout cant be changed yet, though.
Its set like A=A B=B and so on, even though some buttons are positioned differently.
So analog does work?

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually I wanted to use it for a PS2 RPG on my notebook which uses the PS2's analog stick to move. How can I tell if games use xinput?
Then the question is, does your emulator support it?
Hmm, drop the xinput.dll from dakus last post in the emulator folder.
Maybe it works.
Btw, did you already install the Bluetooth program and connected it to your PC?
Because that can really suck.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Then the question is, does your emulator support it?
Hmm, drop the xinput.dll from dakus last post in the emulator folder.
Maybe it works.
Btw, did you already install the Bluetooth program and connected it to your PC?
Because that can really suck.
No I don't have Wii U Pro Controller yet. I wanted to make sure I can use it for pcsx2 before I buy it. If it is doesn't work or doesn't work properly, perhaps I should get a wired Xbox360 controller. But from reviews I have read it seems that the Wii U Pro Controller is prety awesome, so I would like to use it if possible.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No I don't have Wii U Pro Controller yet. I wanted to make sure I can use it for pcsx2 before I buy it. If it is doesn't work or doesn't work properly, perhaps I should get a wired Xbox360 controller. But from reviews I have read it seems that the Wii U Pro Controller is prety awesome, so I would like to use it if possible.
Well I just tried it with Dolphin, and xbox stuff doesnt work.
I wont be ideal for your emulator I think,
you could only use the mouse emulation for one of the sticks and use Keyboard keys like wsad for the rest :l

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiUBricker, you should be able to achieve what you desire through the use of the WiinUPro program in the other controller thread in this forum. I use it for Dolphin, zSnes, and a few other emulators and it works flawlessly. I may try it with PCSX2 soon as well.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So how do i go about installing this for my in built bt adapter? "qualcomm atheros bluetooth bus" is what is listed in device manager, under system devices.
I only get "root\BTATH_BUS" when looking at Hardware IDs.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So how do i go about installing this for my in built bt adapter? "qualcomm atheros bluetooth bus" is what is listed in device manager, under system devices.
I only get "root\BTATH_BUS" when looking at Hardware IDs.
Try installing your normal Bluetooth Software and then check again for hardware IDs.
And if you find like 2 IDs in Bluetooth, add them both, one of them should work.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, I can't get this to work! The Toshiba Bluetooth Stack keeps saying Insert Device and click Okay or whatever, even though it's inserted. I tried modifying the inf file, but that didn't help. Am I supposed to uninstall the default driver?

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dammit, I can't get this to work! The Toshiba Bluetooth Stack keeps saying Insert Device and click Okay or whatever, even though it's inserted. I tried modifying the inf file, but that didn't help. Am I supposed to uninstall the default driver?
Yes, and also make sure Microsoft dosent install their driver when you restart.
you should find information on how to do that in this link:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-rvl-cnt-01-tr?page=52

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol