Hardware Wii u Pro controller region locked?

jqrn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For Those of you who wonder if the Pro controller is locked to a region (i know i did), i Can inform that it isnt. I've looked quite a Few places for Info. But i couldn't find anything certain.
I took the risk and bought a US controller and connected it to EU wii u, and it worked
Nice save there. 49usd compared to around 500 to 600 dkr (90-100 USD)

Reactions: bololabich

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Well i got it in Romania for 50eur on a discount. That's about 70usd. Unfortunately shipping stuff from US is expensive here. Big shipping and customs taxes. Did you get it for 50usd taxes included?

jqrn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i got it in Romania for 50eur on a discount. That's about 70usd. Unfortunately shipping stuff from US is expensive here. Big shipping and customs taxes. Did you get it for 50usd taxes included?

My wife Went ón a business trip to USA. Thats how it was that cheap. Regarding why it Would be region locked is that ón the bottom of the box the controller came in, is a warning stating "for sale and USE only in the america".
That is why i were i doubt

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
SNES controllers are region-specific, but I've never seen it confirmed that region locking was actually the reason for the design change, and it only broke compatibility in one direction (I believe PAL consoles can't use US/JAP controllers, but I know for a fact US consoles can use PAL/JAP controllers without an issue). It's kind of bizarre, knowing exactly what they did (added a couple of resistors in the controller and a couple of diodes in the console), I really can't think of any reason *why* they did it. There's no real reason for the change, and it obviously fails at region locking, if that was, in fact the reason (unless they really did only care about locking PAL consoles for some reason...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1