Hacking Wii U HDD and vWii HDD question

IronCan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering about the use of two separate external hard drives for each of the wii-u and vwii. My initial problem is that having both plugged in does not allow either hard drive to work in wii-u mode. I've yet to try it, but I have a feeling that this will be fixed by using uStealth on the vwii drive. The reason I have not tried it yet, however, is that I have read that in certain programs, such as nintendont, using two drives is likely to cause problems. Having said this, I have also read in the nintendont thread that putting the wii-u drive in a lower port number will solve the issue (speaking of which, what are the port numbers?). I'm unsure of any issues with wiiflow or other loaders.

Anyway, is this an issue and if so, is there a way to solve it or will I have to swap the two drives in and out?

Cheers.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two solutions that I have found for this and both have worked for me. It all depends on what backup loader you are using. If you are using wiiflow+nintendont do not use a hard drive but use a large sd card. I was using a 128gb card and it suited all my needs. If you are using usbloadergx+nintendont use a stealthed hd for your wii games and put your apps and gc games on an sd card. I like usbloader more so I am currently using the second option. But like I said I have tried both and did not have any issues.

If you put gc games on the vwii hd with the wiiu hd connected it will crash when you try to launch a game.

IronCan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much, that's exactly the kind of answer I hoped for. I'm just curious, however - I was under the impression that SDXC (SD cards over 32gb) was not supported by the wii-u. I'm guessing the fact that you've suggested it means that this isn't a problem for homebrew, correct?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiiu will support just about any sd card you throw at it. The only things you can't do are project m, smash stack and a few others.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Repeated child hood trauma
    +2
    Even Dr Phil says there is no fix for her disorder
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    It didn't work for bam margera
    He has some videos on narcessistic personality disorder
    It's heart breaking that a person can go through an entire life and never know true peace or happiness
    +2
    Literally robbed of life
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Oh :shit: gotta get ready for my doctors appmnt. Gastro again. :sad: bye guys
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    See ya later
    +1
    Get better soon
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Remember to tell him to use lube this time
    +1
  • captainbob321 @ captainbob321:
    Hello!
  • captainbob321 @ captainbob321:
    What's so Funny, @M4x1mumReZ
    ?
    +1
    Welcome new user
  • trepp0 @ trepp0:
    Just got the notice that school is being released 2 hours early cause of the winter storm
  • trepp0 @ trepp0:
    lets go
    Better than 3 hours late from a lockdown lol
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    While I know you mean in case of someone confusing schooling establishment from shooting establishment (many of the same letters) I am still going to read that as lockdown (also known as lock in) for a pub
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    where if you were in the club you could be invited to be there as a guest of the landlords after things are supposed to stop being served
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    Have technically done that in a school but it was the sports centre associated with the school more than the school itself
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    being drunk in school was either because drunk on playing field or could not be arsed with one particular Thursday afternoon so went and had some beers and played some games instead before returning for an ill advised last lesson/period
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Being drunk and high in school was cool
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    It was high school
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol