Hacking Wii U HDD and vWii HDD question

IronCan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering about the use of two separate external hard drives for each of the wii-u and vwii. My initial problem is that having both plugged in does not allow either hard drive to work in wii-u mode. I've yet to try it, but I have a feeling that this will be fixed by using uStealth on the vwii drive. The reason I have not tried it yet, however, is that I have read that in certain programs, such as nintendont, using two drives is likely to cause problems. Having said this, I have also read in the nintendont thread that putting the wii-u drive in a lower port number will solve the issue (speaking of which, what are the port numbers?). I'm unsure of any issues with wiiflow or other loaders.

Anyway, is this an issue and if so, is there a way to solve it or will I have to swap the two drives in and out?

Cheers.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two solutions that I have found for this and both have worked for me. It all depends on what backup loader you are using. If you are using wiiflow+nintendont do not use a hard drive but use a large sd card. I was using a 128gb card and it suited all my needs. If you are using usbloadergx+nintendont use a stealthed hd for your wii games and put your apps and gc games on an sd card. I like usbloader more so I am currently using the second option. But like I said I have tried both and did not have any issues.

If you put gc games on the vwii hd with the wiiu hd connected it will crash when you try to launch a game.

IronCan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much, that's exactly the kind of answer I hoped for. I'm just curious, however - I was under the impression that SDXC (SD cards over 32gb) was not supported by the wii-u. I'm guessing the fact that you've suggested it means that this isn't a problem for homebrew, correct?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiiu will support just about any sd card you throw at it. The only things you can't do are project m, smash stack and a few others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.