Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'm having problems running the Homebrew Launcher. I'm on 5.5.1E and every time I try to run from loadiine.ovh I get a black screen saying the exploit is running, then a white screen with the Wii U logo and then nothing happens. Tried about 10 times now, same thing every time. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT - Figured it out, had to format in 32Kb clusters, not 64Kb.

Last edited by stereowax,

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a GameBoy Advance emulator, I believe, and there's a retroarch port being worked on
Probably there will be no GameBoy Advance Emulator; after doing some research I found out that there are only few gameboy emulator in C/C++/[Other that is not Java/Javascript] (10 or so) and only 2 of them are working well (correct me if I'm wrong): VisualBoy Advance (+derivates) and NoGBA. Also my original code was based on an emulator thatt then I found out not to be working even on Linux (:glare:). Unfortunately NoGBA is not opensource and VisualBoy Advance is too much more complex than other emulators. I still want to port some emulator so I will probably move to another emulated console. *Maybe* going for GameBoy color

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,
Reactions: davetheshrew

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably there will be no GameBoy Advance Emulator; after doing some research I found out that there are only few gameboy emulator in C/C++/[Other that is not Java/Javascript] (10 or so) and only 2 of them are working well (correct me if I'm wrong): VisualBoy Advance (+derivates) and NoGBA. Unfortunately NoGBA is not opensource and VisualBoy Advance is too much more complex than other emulators. I still want to port some emu but now I will have to search what
What about mGBA?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Check your computer IP (ipconfig)
2. Put cafiine_server.exe (you can find it in cafiine repo on github) in a folder and in the same folder create a folder named cafiine_root; inside the cafiine_root folder create a folder named with the title id (enter the title id without '-')you want to mod and inside that folder create a folder named vol
3. Put the modded files in the correct path inside vol folder inside the correct tile id folder
4. Start cafiine_server.exe
5. Launch cafiine on your wii u (first the kernel exploit mapped 0xA0000000 and then MrRean's cafiine payload
6. Enter the computer IP and press A to install cafiine
7. Launch the game to mod
8. Enjoy!

Hope it helps :)
Thx ill try it soon[emoji2]

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx ill try it soon:D
1. Check your computer IP (ipconfig)
2. Put cafiine_server.exe (you can find it in cafiine repo on github) in a folder and in the same folder create a folder named cafiine_root; inside the cafiine_root folder create a folder named with the title id (enter the title id without '-')you want to mod and inside that folder create a folder named vol
3. Put the modded files in the correct path inside vol folder inside the correct tile id folder
4. Start cafiine_server.exe
5. Launch cafiine on your wii u (first the kernel exploit mapped 0xA0000000 and then MrRean's cafiine payload
6. Enter the computer IP and press A to install cafiine
7. Launch the game to mod
8. Enjoy!

Hope it helps :)

So i Have the folder filepaths and all that junk, but i downloaded a smash pack. Inside the 00050000-10144F00 folder it had patches, not vol. Should i put patches inside vol? Or should i rename patches to vol?

Steve Antony Williams

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh... the good old C-64, a 300 Baud Hayes modem, dot matrix printers and BBS's.. I remember them all well.

(And that explains where you learned to write such good programs with so little space) :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ahh yes my poor old Volks 300 baud modem. It took me a whole night to upload one game to Big Dog in Houston, we must have really pissed off AT&T.

kwall24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, stupid question, only because I havent seen an answer in the stickies (or I may be blind) but if I run kexploit10, then loadiine, then shut down the console, and boot back up, do I need to run kexploit10 before loadiine? Basically, does kexploit persist through power cycling?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, stupid question, only because I havent seen an answer in the stickies (or I may be blind) but if I run kexploit10, then loadiine, then shut down the console, and boot back up, do I need to run kexploit10 before loadiine? Basically, does kexploit persist through power cycling?
You need to use it on every boot.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without having to search through countless threads and pages, I haven't read any updates for a while. Is there an IOSU exploit yet? I ask because I'm too lazy to have to do the kernel exploit everytime I boot the console.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Without having to search through countless threads and pages, I haven't read any updates for a while. Is there an IOSU exploit yet? I ask because I'm too lazy to have to do the kernel exploit everytime I boot the console.
If you're on <5.2.0 and got some programming skills, naehrwert explained how they exploited the IOSU here : https://nwert.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/ioctlvhax/

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
We already have piracy what more could you want
Total exploitation of the system.
We're not all pirates, although a vast majority of GBAtemp is.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already have piracy what more could you want
Boot time exploit ala arm9loaderhax to have a basically unbrickable console and be able to update without being patched out, custom themes so I can prettify everything, custom firmware to add more fancy features, a good homebrew SDK and a proper installer for custom titles
Big wishlist, I know :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol