Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
You need a kernel exploit to escape the browser sandbox and patch the FS functions in coreinit, even if you made a save-based exploit with all ROP you could still only run a modified TCPGecko to do some memory overwriting
since NX is pushed to march 2017 and the wii's last system update was 2 years before wii u came out think you could ask MN1 nicely to release the exploit into the wild please?. Pretty sure its safe now. Nintendo project sales to be <800,000 units in the coming year, zelda wii u will be the ONLY game at E3, its dead to them.

Reactions: realize

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
since NX is pushed to march 2017 and the wii's last system update was 2 years before wii u came out think you could ask MN1 nicely to release the exploit into the wild please?. Pretty sure its safe now. Nintendo project sales to be <800,000 units in the coming year, zelda wii u will be the ONLY game at E3, its dead to them.
No one knows if there will be any future update for the Wii U. They could even push updates after the launch of the NX. I guess the latest date for >5.4.0 kernel exploit releases will be once Nintendo has completely dropped Wii U support. Then every Wii U owner could use the exploits..

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You need a kernel exploit to escape the browser sandbox and patch the FS functions in coreinit, even if you made a save-based exploit with all ROP you could still only run a modified TCPGecko to do some memory overwriting
Are you still working on your personal kernel exploit?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you still working on your personal kernel exploit?
Of course, I doubt I'll find much, there's a reason we only have one, two if you count the OSDriver exploit, they are incredibly difficult to find, I've mostly been doing documentation cause me doing this alone is going to go nowhere

Reactions: Phantom64

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Of course, I doubt I'll find much, there's a reason we only have one, two if you count the OSDriver exploit, they are incredibly difficult to find, I've mostly been doing documentation cause me doing this alone is going to go nowhere
There is an OSdriver exploit for 5.5.X? dafuq?
Anyway are you really alone in this research? tbh i see many coders here trying to find a kexploit...

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one knows if there will be any future update for the Wii U. They could even push updates after the launch of the NX. I guess the latest date for >5.4.0 kernel exploit releases will be once Nintendo has completely dropped Wii U support. Then every Wii U owner could use the exploits..
I think the issue is that we don't know when Nintendo will have dropped support for the Wii U until we tempt them with an exploit to patch. For all we know it could be released 20 years from now and Nintendo could still pull a "psych" and push an update patching it

Reactions: NWPlayer123

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is an OSdriver exploit for 5.5.X? dafuq?
Anyway are you really alone in this research? tbh i see many coders here trying to find a kexploit...
There's no OSDriver exploit for 5.5 and there willl never be one as it got patched in the 5.5 update (OSv10 was updated so it no more leaves Drivers without spinlock, for the stability™ so the system). There are other kernel exploits(1-2?) but they are private and AFAIK they work in a more complex way so they are difficult to find

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think the issue is that we don't know when Nintendo will have dropped support for the Wii U until we tempt them with an exploit to patch. For all we know it could be released 20 years from now and Nintendo could still pull a "psych" and push an update patching it
The fact Nintendo pushed a DSi update a year after the 3DS was released just to kill flashcards make our situation even more uncertain

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yanda

Trophies
XP
Country
It still requires PPC kernel access.
It does not need the kernel expolit for the title can use SD such as a Smash?
Or do you use private exploit?:(

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untitled.gif

this is pretty exciting
not sure if it's the big kahuna but it's probably something important

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat