Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does TCPGecko work with 5.4.0?

This thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/ says the following:

TCP Gecko
Use cheats with disc games by poking values into RAM, inject VC games by overwriting entire sections of RAM, extract any folder from disc with FSA Read.

How do I get TCP Gecko to run?
Firmware Version Required:
3.1.0, 4.1.0, 5.0.0, 5.3.2

How do I extract ROMs from VC games?
3.1.0, 4.1.0, 5.0.0, 5.3.2, 5.4.0

So, I am a bit confused ... The upper tag suggests, that you need 5.3.2 for TCP Gecko, but extracting ROMS from VC games (what tcpgecko is needed for) is possible with 5.4.0?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does TCPGecko work with 5.4.0?

This thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/ says the following:

TCP Gecko
Use cheats with disc games by poking values into RAM, inject VC games by overwriting entire sections of RAM, extract any folder from disc with FSA Read.

How do I get TCP Gecko to run?

3.1.0, 4.1.0, 5.0.0, 5.3.2

How do I extract ROMs from VC games?

3.1.0, 4.1.0, 5.0.0, 5.3.2, 5.4.0

So, I am a bit confused ... The upper tag suggests, that you need 5.3.2 for TCP Gecko, but extracting ROMS from VC games (what tcpgecko is needed for) is possible with 5.4.0?
TCPGecko is not needed to extract files, you can also use the homebrew launcher and ddd, but TCPGecko should work fine, it might need an update for the codehandler address, I'll go check the Github repo and report back
EDIT: Nope, should work fine with a code532.bin which you can grab here and then use BIN2MP4 to self-host
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-942#post-6271204

Last edited by NWPlayer123,
Reactions: KiiWii

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And is there anything else, that is possible with 5.3.2, but not with 5.4.0?
Not that I can think of, the OS wasn't updated, they just updated the browser which patched the html exploit everyone was using, so you need to use libstagefright which yellows8 so nicely provided, that BIN2MP4 tool/thread does all the work for you once you get a .bin file, so really just anything using browser or rop which is basically nothing

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd recommend to stay on 5.3.2 if you want to use real-time cheat codes (cheat codes that are always active, can be triggered by buttons, etc) because the 5.4.0 kernel exploit does not feature memory mirroring.
But TCPGecko itself should be working fine
I just ask, because I have the chance to get a Wii U 5.4.0 and want to know if there are any disadvantages to 5.3.2

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I just ask, because I have the chance to get a Wii U 5.4.0 and want to know if there are any disadvantages to 5.3.2
When it comes to cheat codes, 5.4.0 has the disadvantage that there's no memory mirroring. But maybe some dev could add it

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
The 5.3.2 WiiU is the better firmware to have.
JGeckoU doesn't work yet with 5.4

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When it comes to cheat codes, 5.4.0 has the disadvantage that there's no memory mirroring. But maybe some dev could add it
Dev prefer to make piracy tool to be famoos :^)

Reactions: Arck

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone know if JGeckoU can work with 5.5.1 ?
Since we can run it with the old gecko installer...
I have no idea what is and isn't (hard)coded so I couldn't tell ya, I've only ever used pyGecko and the dotNet version when I need a big memdump cause Python+lots of mem=slow as heck
You'll have to get me up to speed some time cause I haven't been paying attention to any of that lmao

Reactions: CosmoCortney

Toscanelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hey, I've updated a pre-installed game on my Wii U via Wupinstaller for HBL. After that the game doesn't worked anymore, because the game update requires a newer firmware. So I deleted the update from data management in system settings, but now the Wii U is forcing me to update and I can't bypass the pop-up as before. Is there a way for deleting game updates completely (downgrading games)? I don't want to spoof my Wii U to access the eShop.

ryuutseku85

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi ,
today i was bored and ask to myself what would help me to programm for the wiiu when i started ?
one of the first things we learn in c is to call printf(),(for those who don't know it's make uswrite on a screen).
and it was a pain in the *** to write on the wiiu screen... so , i decide to give you a little and simple present.

Code:
void PrintF(int NumBuff,char * string,int x , int line,int Option)
{

char BUFFER[NumBuff];
    __os_snprintf(BUFFER,NumBuff,string,Option);
    drawString(x,line,BUFFER);
}
how does this work? easy :

first value need is a number for the buffer (i really like 255)
second value is a string between "".
thrid one is the framebuffer (0 or 1)
the fourth is the number of the line you want to write on it
and the last one is if you ask for a value using the %d %l or anything else into the seconde value .

some example? ok ok there it is:

Code:
int Points = 16;

PrintF(255,  "  hello,this is a test",0,1,0);
PrintF(255,  "  hello , this is a test 2 ",0,2,0);
PrintF(255,  "  points :%d",0,3,Points);

hope it will help new comer and get our code much readable :)

Have a nice day.

Last edited by ryuutseku85,

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ryuutseku85
If I'm not mistaken, the only things you've got to do are:
0.5) [if not done already]
#define SCREEN_BUF_TV 0
#define SCREEN_BUF_DRC0 1

1.) Call OSScreenInit()

2.) Call OSScreenPutFontEx(SCREEN_BUF_TV, x, y, "Hello, this is a string!");

[both functions are out of coreinit.rpl; so define them before by using 'OSDynLoad_FindExport'
this: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Coreinit.rpl is a good source for everything ;) ]

ryuutseku85

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ryuutseku85
If I'm not mistaken, the only things you've got to do are:
0.5) [if not done already]
#define SCREEN_BUF_TV 0
#define SCREEN_BUF_DRC0 1

1.) Call OSScreenInit()

2.) Call OSScreenPutFontEx(SCREEN_BUF_TV, x, y, "Hello, this is a string!");

[both functions are out of coreinit.rpl; so define them before by using 'OSDynLoad_FindExport'
this: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Coreinit.rpl is a good source for everything ;) ]

thanks for this , i know it but when we think , we have all begin to the learning stage , and when we come with a lot of motivation , and we are in front of those function we don't know them and honestly(for me) a little scary .

so to help young JEDI(GBAJEDI) we have to create function that make them feal like "home".

Last edited by ryuutseku85,

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone know if JGeckoU can work with 5.5.1 ?
Since we can run it with the old gecko installer...
i remember that i tried but it seems to not detect correctly my wii u,i do't know if it's an issue with only me but with my 5.5.1 i can't,but all the others work like xcx trainer,tcp gecko,etc

skalienx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've updated a pre-installed game on my Wii U via Wupinstaller for HBL. After that the game doesn't worked anymore, because the game update requires a newer firmware. So I deleted the update from data management in system settings, but now the Wii U is forcing me to update and I can't bypass the pop-up as before. Is there a way for deleting game updates completely (downgrading games)? I don't want to spoof my Wii U to access the eShop.
Sounds like your update didn't install correctly. Might try a different version of wupinstaller. What sys version are you on?

Last edited by skalienx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuP01GlQi4