Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly random question. How do we know Hykem isn't trolling all of us. Has he released stuff for the scene before or is there anything else that vouches for his validity?

Totally not being insulting or anything I realize he could just be someone new to the scene as well. I was just curious and not familiar with any of the guys in the Wii U scene.

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Silly random question. How do we know Hykem isn't trolling all of us. Has he released stuff for the scene before or is there anything else that vouches for his validity?

Totally not being insulting or anything I realize he could just be someone new to the scene as well. I was just curious and not familiar with any of the guys in the Wii U scene.
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAH

https://github.com/wiiudev/libwiiu

scroll down to credits stupid

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France

We're talking about someone who's been reverse engineering the IOSU this whole year.
He has been contributing to the http://wiiubrew.org/wiki almost daily

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No, that doesn't work. You can ask @Marionumber1 if you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, what we mean by USB access is running games with loadiine from a USB for example, which isn't possible yet.
but it is, but its execution is very limited/impracticable with it being dependent on a very small game being injected into another games save area......but just because it isn't real world practical doesn't mean it didn't happen.....it just means its not fit for real world usage but still serves as a PoC, the game is indeed loading from a USB hard drive....but with the IOSU exploit around the corner i don't think anyone should bother trying to find botchy hamfisted jobs to get USB loading working, as i said it was done more as a PoC rather than an real proposal for USB loading

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: EclipseSin

Kingfish4200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. What if Nintendo would be able patch IOSU exploit in 5.6 firmware, but Nintendo can't find the private exploit by themselves. Why do Nintendo a favor by needlessly letting them kill all exploit in one go?
you can gurentee nintendo have their spys lurking around in here trying to get all the info they need. Pretending to be our best friends

MrKeplerton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can gurentee nintendo have their spys lurking around in here trying to get all the info they need. Pretending to be our best friends

Hi guys! Totally not a Nintendo Representative here. Been following this thread for a while, and just want to say that i'm really excited for hykems progress. Also, merry christmas/chanukkah/thursday/whatever to everyone :)

Last edited by MrKeplerton,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a better understanding of how the Wii U works, from my understanding, it's boot0 (which we've had for a while) -> boot1 (needs a special key nobody has) -> loads IOSU into the ARM processor, which starts initializing PowerPC -> Cafe OS is loaded and it starts loading the system menu. If you have access to ARM, you can skip most steps, IOSU on the ARM sets everything up, if you have access then you can do anything PowerPC side and a bunch of stuff ARM side too. Just modify memory from the ARM to add kern_read and kern_write and tada, loadiine, cafiine, tcpgecko all work. The OS isn't region specific so it should work across the board, unless it has weird buffer issues like ours does >.>
Also, since IOSU does all the hardware accessing, you can have SD and USB access in any app, access the raw data from the disc drive to dump it, and emuNAND. You *SHOULD* also be able to install your own titles then, so it can also have a permanent exploit.

Last edited by NWPlayer123,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon