Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by filfat, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Specht77

Specht77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    Brazil
    Guys, I'm planing on hacking my wiiu, it's on version 2.1.0 now, I have to update it to 5.3.2...

I got a mario party 10 disc from a friend, but I'm afraid it could be reprint and have newer version on it...

here's what the case look like, and what's written on the disc:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I couldn't find anything on the internet about the firmware on this version of mario party 10...

How can I be sure if it has 5.3.2?

When I insert the disc, will it say what version it'll update? will I be able to cancel the update if it's not the 5.3.2?

2. Neesh

Neesh GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    Can you still play online when launching a game through Loadline ?

3. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    N. O.

Specht77, uyjulian and ToonRudy like this.
  4. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    It's 5.3.2 don't worry.

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    The PS3 started to turn around right about when the jailbreak dongles started coming out.

6. Specht77

Specht77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks! updated with it and now it's on 5.3.2 :D

soniczx123 likes this.
  7. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    Merry Christmas to all who care about it, and Marry Christmas to all those singles who are dating someone called Christmas (see here, http://www.canada411.ca/search/?stype=si&what=Christmas&where= there's a whole bunch of them)

So we may not have gotten a present from Santa Hykem yet, but finally The Pinball Arcade is going to be released for Wii U early 2016 (announced in 2012 as an on-or-near-launch title), however I don't think it's going to be anywhere near the quality of the PS4 version and having the DMD on your gamepad isn't going to be the 'killer feature' to play it on Wii U.

That being said, my Wii U is still on 3.1.0 and staying there until I hear more. With EmuNAND it won't matter anyway what version your SysNAND is, but I'm hoping for an easier/more reliable userland exploit.

Monado_III likes this.
  8. MRJPGames
    This message by MRJPGames has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 26, 2015, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 25, 2015
  9. AboodXD
    This message by AboodXD has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 26, 2015, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 25, 2015
  10. MRJPGames
    This message by MRJPGames has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 26, 2015, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 25, 2015
  11. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    I'm just waiting for everyone to upgrade to latest once it's released so I don't have to keep doing everything myself, takes lots of work.

Neesh, hyunsuken, ihaveamac and 5 others like this.
  12. SirByte
    This message by SirByte has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 26, 2015, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 25, 2015
  13. Mazamin
    This message by Mazamin has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 26, 2015, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 25, 2015
  14. MRJPGames
    Dec 25, 2015
  15. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Addict

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    I'm on 5.5.0 already. Can't wait to get access to Kernel, IOSU and/or Userland

ToonRudy likes this.
  16. SirByte

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    Once it's released being the operative phrase here; however if you are on the latest firmware and it only works 1 out of 5 times, it might pay off to be on a lower FW where it might actually only fail 1 our of 5 times. But indeed, once there's a release that'll make all the difference.

17. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    It seems so but we should only discuss this once the exploit is out.

18. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I'm sure it will become more and more stable on the latest FW after release (if it isn't already at release), especially because there will probably lots more people on a FW of 5.4-5.5 than below.

19. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    It actually isn't that bad once you figure out how to trick it into working, I have it auto-load Google when I go into the browser, and then I press the button in the top left to go to the splash menu with bookmarks,, press X to bring the curtains, *wait for the blue loading bar to finish* and then run my bookmark. Because it's a graphics exploit you need to trick it into working for you, and the curtains somehow help that.

20. MrRean

MrRean WiiU Helper / Hacker

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    people are acting as if this IOSU exploit will be permanent

it's been public for a long time that it won't be permanent

Vappy, Gadorach, OctopusRift and 2 others like this.
  21. Fjar

Fjar GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2015
    Venezuela
    Probably with an Emunand solution, but that will take a long time to make it work

22. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    if only the way to trigger is stable, since you can easily access the browser through quick launch menu, and make things less frustrating.

23. Antonio Ricardo

Antonio Ricardo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Saying this dont help anything just discourages other devs, you dont need to say this but you are just a kid and i understand.
    Sorry, i dont criticizing you just giving advice. Please, understand me what i want to say when i said "kid" not to.offend.
    Hykem is a more experienced and older guy than you and he dont need saying this even people disturbing him.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo, Dec 25, 2015
  24. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Is it possible to make the Wii U go into a "low power mode" so we can keep the exploit while using as little electricity as possible

25. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    there is a much easier way to make downloads start after nnupatcher, hard shutdown the wiiu by holding the power button reboot and they will all start all the time since after hard shutdown the wiiu takes its time to search for a system update again, just a tip for the future :P

26. SirByte

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    Why wouldn't it be permanent? How about on SysNAND you set the Internet settings for local network with no DNS and no default gateway and a netmask of 255.255.255.0 So you can only access local net, e.g. 196.168.1.1 where you webserver is running that serves up the exploit but your WiiU won't be able to access the Internet. Once the "haxx" take over your WiiU, it can start a 'unsynced' EmuNAND which has correct Internet settings. If it auto-updates, just restore your old EmuNAND and disable Internet on it until it's fixed again.

Just need to know if there's any New-3DS like crypto key setups and if there are any issues that would prevent EmuNAND from working; on 3DS this is well understood and many CFWs offer EmuNAND support. I wouldn't be surprised to see it within a year of a working Userland-Kernel-IOSU combo being released.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted