Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, would blocking IP addresses work or does the hotspot's IP address change constantly?

EDIT: I got my Wii U back today after 3 months. STILL ROOTING FOR THE 5.4.0 WEB EXPLOIT! GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by YugamiSekai,

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Iosu should add a lot more than what is currently available on 5.3.2

Emunand, possible online access. Hdd as oppose to SD only, Wii on gamepad as oppose to vWii and lots more....

Currently 5.3.2 loadiine is very limited... It's good for what it can do.... But with further access a lot more can be acheived making Wii U even more fun.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, if I'm not mistaken, nn_hai.rpl is part of cafe2wii. Can someone possibly help me out? I understand how to use exports to an extent thanks to the examples already available in libwiiu, but I'm unsure how to use exports that still look like they are in c?

For example, is sysapp.rpl we have _SYSLaunchTitleByPathFromLauncher used in loadiine, but I'm interested in using an export named like
Code:
nn::hai::launch::PrepareLaunch((void *,uint))

Can anyone give me some insight to start investigating?

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I'm not mistaken, nn_hai.rpl is part of cafe2wii. Can someone possibly help me out? I understand how to use exports to an extent thanks to the examples already available in libwiiu, but I'm unsure how to use exports that still look like they are in c?

For example, is sysapp.rpl we have _SYSLaunchTitleByPathFromLauncher used in loadiine, but I'm interested in using an export named like
Code:
nn::hai::launch::PrepareLaunch((void *,uint))

Can anyone give me some insight to start investigating?
Pretty sure that's a c++ function.

Reactions: EclipseSin

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
my point is people seem desperate for iosu when it will probably be no diferent than what 5.3.2 can already do.
My reason for waiting for the ios-u, and I bet for a lot of other people, is the fact that you can't play online with loadiine. Also that USBs have a lot more space and are cheaper than SDs.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My reason for waiting for the ios-u, and I bet for a lot of other people, is the fact that you can't play online with loadiine. Also that USBs have a lot more space and are cheaper than SDs.

"You cannot play online with Loadiine" --> No one says you can with IOSU either in practice ;) Let the banfest begin at that moment.
Which IMHO is probably okay, since cheating would suck.

On a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, would blocking IP addresses work or does the hotspot's IP address change constantly?

EDIT: I got my Wii U back today after 3 months. STILL ROOTING FOR THE 5.4.0 WEB EXPLOIT! GOOD LUCK!

More info is needed to answer this. Would you be the owner of said mobile wifi-hotspot? If no = Not much to do.
If yes, if you block the MAC address of the Wii U, I cannot see any issues. The MAC address would not change between sessions. Also, blocking public IPs (e.g. Ninty's servers) would work too, since their IP remains static regardless of your own IP (though they can still change).... Actually, I cannot see why it should make any difference that it's a mobile hotspot :P
So yes, it would likely work.

Last edited by oPolo,

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
"You cannot play online with Loadiine" --> No one says you can with IOSU either in practice ;) Let the banfest begin at that moment.
Which IMHO is probably okay, since cheating would suck.

Last time that ios was achieved (on the Wii) it allowed for online play for people just removed the check that the system makes for games. Just because you pirate a game doesn't mean that you'll use cheats or at least I won't. Even if you did, some guy who pirated his wiiu and did a ram dump to use dlcs that werent available at the moment on splatoon didn't get banned even thou he corrupted our save files.... Point is, ios usually means online as well.

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last time that ios was achieved (on the Wii) it allowed for online play for people just removed the check that the system makes for games. Just because you pirate a game doesn't mean that you'll use cheats or at least I won't. Even if you did, some guy who pirated his wiiu and did a ram dump to use dlcs that werent available at the moment on splatoon didn't get banned even thou he corrupted our save files.... Point is, ios usually means online as well.

The online advantage the Wii and Wii U have in terms of now getting banned, is that those two - unlike the Xbox' and Playstations does not use a centralized online system, where you can get "globally" banned from all services. Game developers IIRC on the Wii U hosts their own online services.
That said, it's more than 10 years since the Wii hit the market - not believing that they will strike down on people using pirated games today is naive. Likely the only reason that guy (which I know nothing about) did not get banned, was because he was among the first to do so.
It took close to half a year or so, before Sony started rolling out the huge banwaves on modified consoles that tried to access PSN. I believe it happened a few months after CFW hit the scene, and thus made is possible for everyone to cheat online (and pirate, though its hard to say if cheating or piracy was the biggest issue for Sony).

If its possible to use cheats online, then someone will. Using cheats will thus affect the user experience of legally paying and playing users, and thus affect reviews, popularity and ultimately sales and profits for Nintendo. Counter-measures will happen against that. And if cheats become widespread to some degree, then countermeasures against hacked games will only happen sooner, rather than later.
(Also saying "I do not use cheats" is of little matter; it's still bullshit if you pirate and play online. It cost the game producers to keep their servers running, and those expenses are covered by game-sales and/or ingame purchases only).

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What IOSU essentially means is hardware access, nothing more. Still need to have code to do anything with it, and we don't know what will be released, if anything, with the hack details. So no IOSU doesn't mean online or offline, or anything until loadiine or other apps make it so.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i can see the ban hammer begin if loadiine or iosu allow online with backups, nintendo will notice the same id over and over and since they already banned people from hacking on splatoon they arent like in the wii relaxed and letting people do as they please online anymore.
If online was achieved, they need to change details such as OLV access keys (i think olive is miiverse, i could be wrong tho). Meaning they should be able to change what game/id is shown if they can do that.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Was my msg so easily misinterpreted? I did say it would give access to these things if someone decided to take them up and code it all. And I didn't say people wouldn't get banned either. Just with iosU there is more potential for the console

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What IOSU essentially means is hardware access, nothing more. Still need to have code to do anything with it, and we don't know what will be released, if anything, with the hack details. So no IOSU doesn't mean online or offline, or anything until loadiine or other apps make it so.

Indeed. It would make online gaming fairly trivial though. The reason its impossible right now, is that we trick the system into loading the content of another game (with needed SD access) in place of the game the system actually believes is running. If we try to go online with a game right now, it would not work since we are going online with the identity of another game.
If we had IOSU access-rights, we would not need to worry about utilizing another game with those rights. We could just change the pointer in the file-system that points to the blu-ray drive to a folder on an USB that contains the same structure as a bluray-game, and then run the bluray game inserted. (there are likely some security checks, but with memory access they could get patched, I believe)

Edit: Regardless, I hope that whoever cheats online will get the instant merciless banhammer of the Gods, and that their Wii U would spontaneous combust.

Last edited by oPolo,

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
@jammybudga777 well, if part of that was to me, i just didnt get the notification. I already had it typed.
@EclipseSin Was a quick scan while I was typing. I thought people misinterpreted my msg but I guess not lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i can see the ban hammer begin if loadiine or iosu allow online with backups, nintendo will notice the same id over and over and since they already banned people from hacking on splatoon they arent like in the wii relaxed and letting people do as they please online anymore.
I definatly agree that people will be getting banned. I did with my ps3 many years ago but this was through my own stupidity of hosting hacked lobby's exc. I mean in my opinion online would be a great extra so I could join people online ( no cheating ) and also in my opinion it would be down to the end user if they want to run the risk of getting banned. Has anybody seen a thing called x-link I. Think that's what it was called. It could allow 2 ps3 console to connect like a local play network. Maybe we could do something similar for the wii u?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKm3kqOmqso