Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I have a very (good?) important question regarding rpx.

How would it be possible to, let's say, compile current Homebrew code as elf, instead of html pages, and then compress to rpx?

Is it possible to consider?

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I dont fell sorry for 5.4.0 people they were told to not update past 5.3.2 and keep nintendo servers blovked but they couldnt wait for splatoon online or mario maker or random game online so the only ones to blame are the ones that updated.
sniff sniff, OpenDNS failed and my Wii U auto-updated to 5.5.0!
How can you be heartless? :cry:

Last edited by AboodXD,

palantine

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought a second Wii U on ebay for $20. The guy sold it as defective because he was getting crashes. I figured that it was a problem with the firmware so I took a chance on it. It came with 5.1.0 and I just updated it to 5.3.2 with Mario Party 10 and the crashes went away. Now I have my hacking system and my online system and its the best of both worlds.

-palantine

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I bought a second Wii U on ebay for $20. The guy sold it as defective because he was getting crashes. I figured that it was a problem with the firmware so I took a chance on it. It came with 5.1.0 and I just updated it to 5.3.2 with Mario Party 10 and the crashes went away. Now I have my hacking system and my online system and its the best of both worlds.

-palantine
That's...... UNFAIR!!!!!!!!1!!1
*cries like a little girl* :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited by AboodXD,

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How would it be possible to, let's say, compile current Homebrew code as elf...
Well, if you look closely into the current libwiiu repo you can see that there's a folder called "elfexamples/helloelf" on its root directory.
I think that answers your question in part! :P

About RPX... I don't know exactly, but since it is very similar to the ELF file format a little change in that examples' Makefile to fit the RPX format should be enough, I suppose.
That's what I'd say with my self-taught/"non-educated" C knowledge! :P

Last edited by JaceCearK1,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, if you look closely into the current libwiiu repo you can see that there's a folder called "elfexamples/helloelf" on its root directory.
I think that answers your question in part! :P
I wrote that ELF loader 2 months ago but nobody really cared because well, no regular homebrew developer really picked the wiiu up yet.

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wrote that ELF loader 2 months ago but nobody really cared because well, no regular homebrew developer really picked the wiiu up yet.
Yeah, it's really sad tbh! :/
I asked @HCStealth a few months back over Twitter about porting the Headcannon engine. He said he'd "give it a good look soon" that was in August, so...
At least I tried!? :wacko:
We (except the we's [like me] who are on 5.4.0+) theoratically have enough access to the console's inner parts, but as most of us know there's some lack of information on the libraries! :cry:

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France

When we asked the guys in Retroarch forum to port it to Wii U, they said it's too early now to do so because at the moment only people who refrained from updating for a while or those who bought another console can really have access to homebrew, and that number of people is really limitted for now.

Well, me like many others are still stuck on 5.4.0 without our choice. So all we can do is wait and help with information as much as we can in forums.
Many good things happened soon after the kernel exploit got released, so let's hope we get more exciting stuff soon ^^.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw