Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have all of those and more blocked and I can still access it, so that's not the issue. plus those ones you have blocked originated from my list :P

So how can we actually be sure we're truly blocked from the servers (like, how do we test to make sure it doesn't actually update, etc)? And I assume that actual online gaming is unaffected? Anyways, this will help people stay on whatever firmware they're on, to make sure we're not locked out of using the new exploit, etc.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, don't be like me, the guy who got locked out of his own exploit when his brother updated the Wii U. :P

I'm on 5.0.0 as well, so I know not all is lost, just a little setback. Anyways, how can I test to see if this actually works or not? Will online gaming still be functional? Your bro update the console, well that sucks :P Anyway, I want to be sure I blacklist the IP addresses right ;)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Oh, from what I was reading in posts, it was blocking update servers and the eShop.

Block alla dese (Where I put "through", I mean you need to set it up to block that address as a range of 0 through 255):

23.62.236.0 (THROUGH) 23.62.236.255

The address "23.62.236.XXX" changes randomly, so you have to block it as a range or the update will still download.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys make shift homebrew menu!!!! Point your Wii U Browser here: www.catsandcampers.wix.com/thehomebrewcometh

I'm working on getting a shorter domain name right now. Already registered one, just waiting for the "digital God's" to process everything lol

Really? A bit too early for this. Plus I'm probably going to take that link down in a bit to not waste all my dropbox bandwidth.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? A bit too early for this. Plus I'm probably going to take that link down in a bit to not waste all my dropbox bandwidth.

Yes really, i dont care if its a bit early. Its more of an index then anything else, but still it serves its purpose for now. If you take that link down, no worries, I can just remove it from my site

Think of it as a "primitive tribute" to the original Homebrew Channel lol

Reactions: WulfyStylez

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, don't be like me, the guy who got locked out of his own exploit when his brother updated the Wii U. :P

Even more reason to look for a way to get it working on the latest version then I guess. My home button is flashing so I'm actually scared to turn on my system to find out what version I have myself... waiting until something good comes of this though.

*fingers crossed for region free* I don't care about Piracy I just want Region Free... I hate Region Lock so much!

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably worth it to wait till we've got this running on 5.0.0 before adding stuff like that. Then again, without binaries like he said it could be a bit of a pain. Anybody wanna make a super-duper magical fuzzer to find the new offsets for 5.0.0?

Seriously though, I'm slowly thinking up ways to get our new addresses. Distance between a bunch of widgets is always the same, so we at least have that, I guess.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeamScriptKiddies You should hold your phone sideways when you record video. Then we can actually have fullscreen. Thanks for the vid though.

I would if I could, but my phone's camera doesn't auto adjust when I turn it sideways, so the video comes out sideways when i do that :(. It's a really old droid :(.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably worth it to wait till we've got this running on 5.0.0 before adding stuff like that. Then again, without binaries like he said it could be a bit of a pain. Anybody wanna make a super-duper magical fuzzer to find the new offsets for 5.0.0?

Seriously though, I'm slowly thinking up ways to get our new addresses. Distance between a bunch of widgets is always the same, so we at least have that, I guess.

Would be brutal... but maybe you incorporate some sort of page counter to change the offset on a private web page.

I guess it could be a public one but how would it report a success? If you could get 10,000 people trying it the offset could be found in a matter of hours?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be brutal... but maybe you incorporate some sort of page counter to change the offset on a private web page.

I guess it could be a public one but how would it report a success? If you could get 10,000 people trying it the offset could be found in a matter of hours?

Seeing as heap location differed by 0x15FB4 bytes between 4.0.X and 4.1.0, even that's not super practical.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as heap location differed by 0x15FB4 bytes between 4.0.X and 4.1.0, even that's not super practical.

Yeah like I said brutal... lol

Edit:

Maybe you could put some sort of auto refresh in the HTML and when the Wii-U crashes it would stop at the right offset? (still pretty brutal)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT