Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, but there are glaring issues with the current state of Wii U hacking, esp. on 5.3.2 -

- No USB access
- No kernel access
- No method of EmuNAND
- No method of downgrading firmware, backing it up and restoring it
- Emulators are limited to one CPU core (provided people can port them over)

Pretty sure we need IOSU access to be able to do all the above.

You need to realize we don't even have that. We aren't holding out on releasing anything that you don't already have. If you want IOSU so bad, feel free to exploit it. It's not an easy task.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
LOL I came to check updates and I found 3 pages added in this thread in less than couple hours, so I thought something big came out !
But no ^^ just other emotional, drama stuff :D, I guess we kinda miss laughing a bit for these things.

Anyway, I'm one of those who are still stuck on 5.4.0 I believe the main developement of that exploit is done by Marionumber1 and Mathew_Wi but MN1 is currently busy with school and IOSU exploit whenh e gets time. I'm also getting busy with school and other work, so I can wait :D
A lot of exciting stuff are happening in the Wii U scene just couple months after the release of the kernel exploit. Hopefully soon more people will get access to it on 5.4.0
I mean even the current kernel exploit was unstable but the moment it got open sourced, people like FIX94 contributed and made it more reliable.

For other people who got unhappy, especially the ransomizer who already got 5.3.2 which has as far as the hacking can get on a Wii U today ! :D please don't waste developpers time with unrelated topics, we really wanna reserve this thread for useful information, What NMWPlayer123 says in his twitter, he is entiteled to it himself. So let's move on please, the scene has finally started glowing. I also hate online cheating, but I guess that's something nintendo must do something about, I mean having an exploit is like making cheating as easy as playing on a pc, except that good online clients do a good job to prevent that even on pc.

Thank you developpers for all the hardwork, looking forward to your next releases !

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to realize we don't even have that. We aren't holding out on releasing anything that you don't already have. If you want IOSU so bad, feel free to exploit it. It's not an easy task.
Let me just go learn to code and RE etc..
oh wait, that's not how it works.
Why would I want to spend years learning how to exploit something if another dev can just release something?

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me just go learn to code and RE etc..
oh wait, that's not how it works.
Why would I want to spend years learning how to exploit something if another dev can just release something?
I don't think you understand how it works. We can't just pull a release of something that doesn't exist out of our asses.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think you understand how it works. We can't just pull a release of something that doesn't exist out of our asses.

Anyway, I think it's just misunderstandings, let's move on.
About the 5.4.0 browser exploit, are you guys still trying to make it more stable ? or is is so hard/impossible ?
And what about the entry points you told us one time about ? are you still working on that?

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway, I think it's just misunderstandings, let's move on.
About the 5.4.0 browser exploit, are you guys still trying to make it more stable ? or is is so hard/impossible ?
And what about the entry points you told us one time about ? are you still working on that?
I've been busy personally, and I believe everyone else has been as well. (School and such) The current 5.4.0 bug is just too broken to fix. At least by me. I'll be looking into the other entrypoints soon enough.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I dont fell sorry for 5.4.0 people they were told to not update past 5.3.2 and keep nintendo servers blovked but they couldnt wait for splatoon online or mario maker or random game online so the only ones to blame are the ones that updated.
And what happened to the ones who bought a used Wii U with 5.4.0?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
And what happened to the ones who bought a used Wii U with 5.4.0?
tough, if they wanted homebrew they should be looking for a 5.3.2 console :P
ninja'd....but it is true, there is nobody who really deserves any pity for having a 5.4+ console, it all boils down to choice

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So 5.4.0 exploit is not gonna happen. At least for a long time. :cry:

Well, even if the 5.4.0 exploit was released the kernel exploit was patched in 5.5.0. So there's really no point in burning an 0day....

If you want a vulnerable system, do what I did. Contact someone on Amazon/ebay and ask them for the version of the used wii u they are selling. I just bought a Black 32GB Wii U 5.3.2 with everything except the gamepad for $140.

Last edited by Relys,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, another one who is satisfied with the stagnant Wii U brew scene.

In a little over a month there has been:
-kernel exploit released
- firmware spoofing
- async game update installing
- e-shop access
- e-shop game injecting
- game modding
- game cheat codes
- back up loading with SD access

Thats in little over a month. I would hardly call that stagnant

Last edited by Onion_Knight,

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do we do from here?

1) Develop savegame exploits by fuzzing savegame data and debugging crashes with kernel exploit.
2) Develop new kernel exploit by reversing kernel syscalls to find vulnerabilities (this is how Comex found the OSDriver race condition).
3) Develop IOSU exploit by fuzzing ioctls for device drivers to look for crashes. IOSU runs on ARM9 which doesn't have support for NX bit, which makes blind exploitation ALOT easier since you don't have to have an information disclosure in order to find ROP gadgets.

Other productive things to do:
1) RE and document RPLs on WiiUBrew (Super easy because symbols are intact for dynamic linking).
2) Work on libwiiu by adding examples of how to use said RPLs (Sound would be interesting).
3) Get working elf/rpx loader for homebrew.
4) Help exjam with his emulator.

Last edited by Relys,

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, even if the 5.4.0 exploit was released the kernel exploit was patched in 5.5.0. So there's really no point in burning an 0day....

If you want a vulnerable system, do what I did. Contact someone on Amazon/ebay and ask them for the version of the used wii u they are selling. I just bought a Black 32GB Wii U 5.3.2 with everything except the gamepad for $140.

For people like me who got ninjad and stuck on 5.4.0 would quiet benefit a bit from that browser exploit :D. Well if we were somehow able to run it since it's super unstable ^^.
But as you said, if I really want a hackable Wii U now I'll just buy one with 5.3.2 or less, and I'm sure I can find it for less than $140 XD, but I can wait, I just hope the scene will continue evolving.

I haven't seen your stuff though since pong, anything in the works on your side? homebrew/emulators making or porting :D ?
Everyone is free to do what he's passionate about ofcourse, but personally at this point I find it a bit unfortunate when some competent devs stick only to game cheats/mods :D For me it's something that should come later.

Anyway, so far great things have happened with Wii U, keep it up ;)

Reactions: Margen67

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hell, why not just lock the thread until some sort of notable progress has been made? that would put an end to the useless bickering and accusations

The whole purpose of the thread was to attract people who can contribute to the Wii U hacking and discuss the progress, locking the thread will just defeat that purpose ^^

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-