Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by filfat, Jun 15, 2014.

1. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Now let's hope that the .rpx is bigger than 21 MB :yay:

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    then again i dont think we can dump rpx's if they are bigger than 21mb :S iirc @golden45 only found a 22mb free space in ram or something to copy the rpx files into....bleh i will leave the technical details to those who know what they are talking about....but will be interesting to hear anyway :)....probs be the worlds smallest rpx at 2kb :P....jkn, but do have a look and report back :)

Last edited by gamesquest1, Oct 7, 2015
  3. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    I have Art Academy: Sketch Pad and it's RPX is 2MB. I'm sure the one for Home Studio is probably bigger.

4. Akdul

Akdul GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2006
    Mexico
    Mexico City
    Home Studio's RPX (Treasure.rpx) is 3MB (3105152 bytes)

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    so barely any better than mii maker (in regard to loading up rpx files :P)....well actually its twice the size as mii maker, but still 3mb isnt much room to play with

6. DarkKaine

DarkKaine GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
    I just can't get cafiine to work.
    I got the server, got ppc kernel and ran the exploit from wj44's site.
    However, it always just freezes on the browser screen. I don't even get to the screen where I input my IP. All other homebrew works fine. Any ideas?

Last edited by DarkKaine, Oct 7, 2015
  7. KungFuzion

KungFuzion GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2015
    All this progress is good news & I played nes remix through loadline just to test but damn I can't wait for a IOSU exploit to surface :)

8. Pounou

Pounou GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2014
    France
    Will IOSU exploit permit to have USB access with a real backupmanager (just put .wud on dd ext) ? If that i will start to stop delete my wud files after extraction for loadiine :D

9. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    ISOU exploit would allow USB access yes. But I no think it is interesting to have a 24gb wud file for a 1gb game. Just like in wii, it's more interesting to take the wbfs which takes less space and it's much faster to transport.

Margen67 likes this.
  10. oPolo

oPolo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2014
    Regardless of whether the disk is stored with the WBFS storage scheme or in its raw WUD format (with all its empty space), there is still way more to USB loading than just IOSU access.
    I doubt (actually, I am 99.9999% sure) that the Wii U cannot read NTFS formatted USB HDD's, as that is a proprietary format to Microsoft. Likewise, I doubt it can read any EXTx or likewise alternatives, just because... I cannot see, why they should have wasted their time on it.
    Long story short; even after/if we get USB access, we are limited to FAT32 for an unknown and possibly long amount of time... I doubt many of the stripped down games can be on a FAT32 partition, as 4GB is the maxfile-size there.

Maybe I am wrong they; I don't know the average size of games, and/or whether the standard is that they are stored as one big file or a 1000 thousand small.

Last edited by oPolo, Oct 7, 2015
  11. Mikenuun

Mikenuun Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2015
    Netherlands
    Yes, or maybe we could find a way to split the files into 4GB files and let the USB loader combine the files if necessary

12. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    I can't dump my Hyrule warriors EUR game files with TCPGecko...

When I clic ReadFSA, the Wii U freezes and it disconnect tcpgecko

13. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    Be sure to use the very latest TCPGecko exploit, example on @FIX94's site

14. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    I use the one hosted here: http://wj44.bplaced.net
    So I guess it's the latest

15. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    Hm, try another App/Game first, something tiny. Maybe a VC game and see if it does that again.

16. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    It worked fine with DK64 VC game

17. DarkKaine

DarkKaine GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
    Honestly when a IOSU exploit gets released we don't really need any kind of loader, emunand shouldn't be that hard to do and you can just extract your games instead of having big disc images. For most games, this would be no problem since they don't have files that exceed the limitation of FAT32.

18. 75mak

75mak GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    Iosu and keys that are missing will make it much easier for someone to find the hdd format for Wii U.

So then it would be like wbfs2. And emunand would be a best outcome from iosu exploit release.

19. M4ttes

M4ttes Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hello,

first of all sorry for my bad english, I am from Germany.

I am happy to say that I will get a Wii U 5.3.2 tomorrow (already have a 5.50 at home).

I read your sticky-Threads and I also used the Search-Engine.

I tried to block the update-domains in my router (it is a Technicolor TC7200). Unfortunately, the domains are still reachable with my 5.50 Wii u, so I guess the block doesn't work.

So my question is:

If I get the Wii U 5.3.2 and disbale the auto-update function / the standby-action function, does the Firmware-update still happen automatically?

Or am I asked like "Would you like to update your system firmware"?

Thank you so much in advance

Matthew

20. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    If you don't use any of the methodes mentioned in the stickies, the wii U will still get the update, maybe not when you turn it off, but while it's running.
    You've already bought another Wii U, so you better use an effective method to block the updates, at least tubehax method which is really easy and simple.