Country
United States

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello SALT team.
Any news please regarding IOSU hax progress? Is there any difference/improvement relatively to what we already got (USB installation, RedNAND)?

Thanks.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Someone has or knows of a good guide to dump a WUD file along with the ticket and everything from a Wii U disc?
More so to extract the ticket required for modifying it for the USB method.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone has or knows of a good guide to dump a WUD file along with the ticket and everything from a Wii U disc?
More so to extract the ticket required for modifying it for the USB method.
I believe to get a ticket from a disk you would have to launch a fw img and then use a program wiiubru has released to dump the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello SALT team.
Any news please regarding IOSU hax progress? Is there any difference/improvement relatively to what we already got (USB installation, RedNAND)?

Thanks.
What's public at the moment amounts to a few developer tools for power-users. We'll be shipping a full environment to support users and developers with a super rich feature set, extensive brick protection, and ease-of-use so anyone can get started with it. It's really not fair to compare them since we had a head-start both in terms of time (like 6 months) and in coding skill too. (No offense intended, we've just got a ton of embedded hacking experience between the three of us!) It is generally good that there's something public to play with in the meantime though.

As for progress, we're working on two pretty major features at the moment that we're very excited to reveal when they're ready! I'd love to just spoil them rn but it'd be more fun to do so when we can record a video or whatever. We're excited to push this thing out the door as soon as it's feature-complete. Stability as of right now is terrific, and we're not too worried about new bugs popping up as we add things.

By the way, I'm going to say this WAY in advance but we won't officially support any other redNAND formats or anything like that. It'll likely be possible to support migrating between formats, but we won't be the ones making the tools for that.
Basically, supporting users who've already done parts of initial setup with different tools is a minefield and has HUGE potential for introducing bugs. I know, for example, that at the moment the public redNAND dumper(s) aren't working fully properly, even tho they appear to be stable compared to earlier.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@WulfyStylez sorry to bother you, but could you please just tell us what is the NAND size you guys currently have for 32GB systems?
I'm mostly worried because I just migrated from my 8GB SD to a 32GB and I'm afraid I might need a 64GB already just for the NAND dump of the Wii U.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
@WulfyStylez sorry to bother you, but could you please just tell us what is the NAND size you guys currently have for 32GB systems?
I'm mostly worried because I just migrated from my 8GB SD to a 32GB and I'm afraid I might need a 64GB already just for the NAND dump of the Wii U.
They claim it will be enough.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full disclosure: I'm still implementing MLC shrinking between doing other things, so at this exact moment it's 16GB for 8GB, and 64GB for 32GB. Those numbers will stay the same for users who don't wish to shrink their MLCs. After MLC shrinking is fully implemented (and it's getting there, debugging it is just really exhausting), all systems will be able to run off of just a 16GB card. MLC sizes smaller than 8GB actually seem possible, but I'm not sure yet if I want to support them since Nintendo themselves have likely never tested sizes that small.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Full disclosure: I'm still implementing MLC shrinking between doing other things, so at this exact moment it's 16GB for 8GB, and 64GB for 32GB. Those numbers will stay the same for users who don't wish to shrink their MLCs. After MLC shrinking is fully implemented (and it's getting there, debugging it is just really exhausting), all systems will be able to run off of just a 16GB card. MLC sizes smaller than 8GB actually seem possible, but I'm not sure yet if I want to support them since Nintendo themselves have likely never tested sizes that small.
Don't rush, heck, release it when Intel makes an i487. And they didn't made an i9 yet. I don't want another Palantine CFW.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you for the response!
So 16GB will be more than necessary once the MLC shrinking is implemented?
Thanks for letting me know, I have waited quite a bit already, I think I can wait a little longer so that I don't go around expending in additional SD cards while the 32GB one I have might be enough later. :)

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@WulfyStylez
Is it going to be possible to just use a FAT- or /NTFS-formatted harddrive for all the stuff at release?
I mean, I still have a 64GB SD card flying around, but using one storage device for everything would be way more convenient, in my eyes! :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing