Wii U Gamepad Battery Blinking but Still On

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi peep,

I just bought a new 3,600 mAh battery for my Gamepad, cuz the previous one only had 2 hours of autonomy. The new one seems to work longer (as far as now, 2h30, but has still battery), but past 2 hours, Gamepad starts blinking orange (or red ?). I guess the Wii U hasn't recognized it yet.

What do you think ? Should I wait to see what happens ? Or should I try to make the Gamepad not blink ?

Thanks in advance !

dekgear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This happens to me sometimes with a third party battery I bought. When it blinks orange it usually doesn't hold a charge for too long. Not sure why i t happens. But then it randomly just fixes itself and works normally

Reactions: TonyNESgri

Robru1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally, I have had bad experiences with Ali Express-like purchases in this area. Cheap is nice, but does not diminish the quality.

Robru1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In my situation, a cheap 3600 mAh for a few dollars for the Gamepad did not reach the right values by a long shot. They can put all kinds of information on it, but this is rarely correct.

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In my situation, a cheap 3600 mAh for a few dollars for the Gamepad did not reach the right values by a long shot. They can put all kinds of information on it, but this is rarely correct.
Is this even legal to put false information onto products ?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Isn't the red blinking just telling you that the battery is almost empty? IIRC it starts with a red light, then goes into blinking, then finally turns the gamepad off.

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
UPDATE :

Yesterday, I tried to use all the autonomy of my new battery, and something weird happened. After around 2h30, it turned red ; then, after around 2h45, it started blinking red ; and after 4h, it was still turned on. Maybe it was due to the fact that after a certain time of playing, I let the Gamepad on on the HOME menu...But still, should the Gamepad not turn off after a few minutes when it starts to blink red ?

I think since the new battery ought to be twice more effective than the standard one, it might not be recognized as such by the console. So, wouldn't there be a way to either switch off that annoying light, or, even better, to make the Gamepad think that it still has battery in (that is true), so I can turn it on even when the Gamepad is supposed to be blinking red ?

Thank you for your assistance 👋🏼

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@TonyNESgri Yes, it should turn off quickly after blinking. Sounds like the new battery has a different discharging curve (holding a low charge way longer than the original battery) which the Wii U can't handle correctly. Sadly to my knowledge the gamepads firmware has not been looked into yet, so nothing you could do to change that.
An Aroma plugin to overwrite the LED state might be possible through.

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@TonyNESgri Yes, it should turn off quickly after blinking. Sounds like the new battery has a different discharging curve (holding a low charge way longer than the original battery) which the Wii U can't handle correctly. Sadly to my knowledge the gamepads firmware has not been looked into yet, so nothing you could do to change that.
An Aroma plugin to overwrite the LED state might be possible through.

Okay, so my best guess is to hope for an Aroma plugin. For now, I'll have to make do. And charging it up during or after each playthrough is not a option to me. I don't want to be worried about my battery while gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo