Can't unscrew Wii U gamepad screws

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
May be the dumbest thread ever but I can't unscrew the screws on my gamepad to change the battery:

The screwdriver is the correct one
Screws are not stripped
This same screwdriver can unscrew the battery lid on other gamepads I own but not this one for some reason, these screws don't move an inch no matter what

Any special trick you know?

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are the screwdriver PH00?
Yes as I said the screwdriver it's correct and it works on the exact same screws on other gamepads. Guys don't treat me like I'm an idiot lmao I'm just looking for some trick to get some more traction on these stupid screws

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes as I said the screwdriver it's correct and it works on the exact same screws on other gamepads. Guys don't treat me like I'm an idiot lmao I'm just looking for some trick to get some more traction on these stupid screws

Are they precision bit? You can try putting rubber band on top of the screwdriver to remove it, depending on the condition of the screw, some picture would help.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A picture would help as would telling people the exact tools your using and not "I'm using the right one I'm not an idiot". No one here assumes you are but there are many and without the relavant info, your gonna get asked these things. Your not an idiot and we're not the screws your pissed at! :wink:

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@impeeza , you're my hero. I managed to do it with a pair of pliers, it was surprisingly easy. TY
Glad you could remove the screws, sometimes that rascals are stubborn and do not want to leave the plastic.
Post automatically merged:

Also sometimes a longest screwdriver helps too.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...