Hacking Wii U "Format disk" message workaround, linux edition :)

obibann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello there !

Like many people here, Jayjay123 saved my nerves thanks to his selfmade tool "uStealth" that enables to hide / show a hard disc in the Wii U mode. Thanks a lot Jayjay123 !!!

However, I'm not a regular Windows user. I use Ubuntu in the everyday life. So I decided to create my own tool in order to enable Linux users to hide their disc as well.

I used the same trick as Jayjay123, so our two tools should be compatible with each other (hide with one, unhide with the other, etc...).

I delivered my tool in a .deb archive, and tested it in Ubuntu. But it should work with plenty other distros.

You can download my tool there.

Don't hesitate to tell me if you know a more persistant way to host this file as this link might be deleted after 30 days without clicks.

Installation

Double click the archive and click "Install" in Ubuntu Software Center.
You can also use the following command : "sudo dpkg -i wudh-1.0.0.0-noarch.deb"

Usage

Locate "Wii U Disk Hider" in the application Menu and click it :)

You can also type "wudh" in your favorite terminal emulator.

Then choose the disk to hide / unhide in the list. Notice that you must unmount your disc first, otherwise it won't be displayed.

Warning: as usual, this tool modifies information on the drive so it is strongly advised that you backup your data first.

Misc

In some cases, your disc partitions might not be visible in ubuntu even after you unhid it. To fix this, just Unplug and replug the drive.

Support

I'll be glad to answer your questions here :)

Regards,

Obibann.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

obibann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Julialy.

Thank you for the upload. I've uploaded the source code on the forum.

Notice : this zip contains the source only. Download the file uploaded by julialy in post #2 to get the deb installer.

Attachments

• wudh.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 225

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1