Hardware Wii U - Ebay $30.00 - Risky ?

purupuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@stab244 when did you order it?

My ebay and PayPal aren't linked but they share an email. Never had an issue before.
You have to have a valid email that's associated with a paypal account when you write the ad. If you put the wrong email there's nowhere for the money to go
@stab244 when did you order it?

My ebay and PayPal aren't linked but they share an email. Never had an issue before.
If the email you use to accept payment isn't accosted with a paypal account the money has nowhere to go

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
You have to have a valid email that's associated with a paypal account when you write the ad. If you put the wrong email there's nowhere for the money to go

If the email you use to accept payment isn't accosted with a paypal account the money has nowhere to go
Oooh gotcha, I misinterpreted. So you're saying that the SELLER's the one who screwed it up because his email may not be associated with an account.

Reactions: purupuru and Pecrow

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So huh... If his account isn't linked with PayPal, is there any way for him to just take this money and run? Or does it just go nowhere?

purupuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So huh... If his account isn't linked with PayPal, is there any way for him to just take this money and run? Or does it just go nowhere?
I've run into this when I made a mistake in a listing. I had to tell the buyer to cancel the payment and I had to pull down the listing to fix it. By the time I fixed everything I lost the sale but the short of it is no I don;t think the seller will be able to collect the money

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I've run into this when I made a mistake in a listing. I had to tell the buyer to cancel the payment and I had to pull down the listing to fix it. By the time I fixed everything I lost the sale but the short of it is no I don;t think the seller will be able to collect the money
Thanks for your insight. Think he can see our addresses then? I don't know what his motive is at this point. @DaftMink if I were you I'd add this quote to the OP with an explanation of what's going on.

I'll probably cancel my order then. I'm already waiting for a console only system from eBay which cost $100.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might be Iwata's personal collection thrown on ebay by Reggie now that he's..you know.. 'game over' ...

On a more serious note, it does looks legit in a weird way, but the logical part says its a fake..
..i remember when i was younger i saw a ps2 on ebay that was 30$..i praticly forced my dad to throw me his credit card to buy it... a week later, my dad got reimboursed.. its tempted to buy it simce the price, but inside, we all know its fake...

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Something similar happened a few years ago, iirc there was a thread here with PS Vitas for $20 each on eBay. That didn't pan out. Even if these were stolen goods, I doubt anyone would offload them at only 30 bucks. The fishiest part of the auction is the shipping, though. Shipping a game console isn't very cheap, and at that price, the seller might even be losing money on the deal. This is eBay, though. If you use Paypal, you'll inevitably get your money back, so there's really no harm in trying on the offchance that this is legit.

DaftMink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to math the listing is for 800 Wii U's.
Since it's over 67% now, it will probably be done by tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, and retroactively the internet's praise +1