Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Just got this email
You may have received messages from a compromised account
1-CxkBy1XynYIdE3vbUjIDVXp_HjgI63M9nurntGJk6LKZUqlvGDM-dqVgoTwvUOMXTXLxdT3IcNko5jng-nPHyiZ9le-WaJtAsGh6IO=s0-d-e1-ft

Hello joojusti,
Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from barrickj through eBay's messaging system. We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have compromised this member's account security. It’s important to note that we’re unaware of any problems with your account. We recommend the following precautions to help keep you safe:
- Don't respond to offers to buy or sell an item from this user. The offer may be fraudulent, and the transaction won't be covered by eBay.
- Don't respond to any messages you received from this user that appear to be a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on.
- Never pay for eBay items using instant cash wire-transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It's against eBay's Safe Payments Policy for a seller to request payment with these methods.

For more information, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/avoid-problems.html

If you’ve already sent payment for an off-eBay transaction, contact the payment service you used to make the purchase immediately. If you’re a seller who already shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, contact the postal service or shipping company you used to have it returned to you.

If you have received any messages that seem suspicious, please forward them to us at [email protected] for review. For more information about staying safe on eBay, please visit eBay’s Security Center at:
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html

We take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. But there's also a lot you can do. Find out more about protecting your account by visiting:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/protecting.html

We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Reactions: Coto and VinsCool

DaftMink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure but the tracking number I got was.
LS103626746CN - China Post, and it's either fake which is like 99% likely or isn't active yet.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day when paypal didn't have the 21 day hold and these types of quick cash was much around ebay more. But the 21 day hold has stopped some of the scams as you have to meet certain qualifications in paypal/ebay to get rid of it. Remember that once 21 days hits the cash will get released to the sellers account and by that seller using a tracking and delaying buyers he can cashout if he plays his cards right.

You see this in alot of categories which another common one is class 10 sd cards like samsung ones of 64gb for $3.99. Overnight it sold more than 4,000 and then it got pulled. So whoever takes a chance on this remember that its a no loss situation for the buyer as its covered under the protection. But from a sellers point of view once he cashes out after 21 days paypal will eat the loss and refund the buyers out of their protection plan. Just thought some of you would like to know why its common to see these as some do get away with it.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This listing (181883272848) has been removed, or this item is not available.
    • Please check that you've entered the correct item number
    • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Payment finally went through. But to some other email. Didn't know that could happen. Yeah that guy's account got hacked. Won't let me cancel anymore. Ebay says the item has shipped but if I don't have anything by next Friday, I'll file a complaint. No tracking number.

EDIT: Never mind there is tracking. On the PayPal transaction. Another China Post tracking. Similar format to the one I got from geekbuying for the stuff I bought from there recently.

Last edited by stab244,

DaftMink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opened a return request with the seller, expecting him not to reply and eBay to step in for the refund.
Sadly as this is a case of eBay listing fraud there's a lot of seller protections making reporting fraud early harder.

He joined eBay on Feb 12, 2013.\
I don't know what, but something is shipping to me. It should be here by October 1. I'll let you know what happens.
Your tracking actually worked, and it's USPS?.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Your tracking actually worked, and it's USPS?.
No, it's some Chinese company. In the likely event that nothing arrives (or the wrong product does), I'll file for my money back through eBay. I want to see if something comes before I do anything though. It shouldn't affect me getting my money back.

Reactions: Deleted User

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@JoostinOnline: I'm surprised that the online tracking worked. I've had quite a few incidents where the seller gave me "tracking numbers" which did not work. I am quietly confident he randomly typed in numbers and letters. Having said that, the stuff I bought was hella cheap and I never got express shipping for those so nothing was lost anyway. Just found it funny. By they way, if my memory serves me correctly, didn't they people who bought the $20 PS Vita a couple of years back get a box fully of beads and bangles or something along those lines? XD

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@JoostinOnline: I'm surprised that the online tracking worked. I've had quite a few incidents where the seller gave me "tracking numbers" which did not work. I am quietly confident he randomly typed in numbers and letters. Having said that, the stuff I bought was hella cheap and I never got express shipping for those so nothing was lost anyway. Just found it funny. By they way, if my memory serves me correctly, didn't they people who bought the $20 PS Vita a couple of years back get a box fully of beads and bangles or something along those lines? XD
It didn't work, but I thought that was because it's the weekend, and I've never had a tracking number work right away. I wasn't aware that you could type in any number. I've never sold anything through eBay though.

My expectations are as low as can be, but curiosity is winning out. I'll get my money back through eBay no matter what.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm so looking forward to seeing what happens here, actually. There's a 0.001% chance that these may be legit as they may be pulled off the production line since most of their stuff is made in China anyway, but who knows.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm so looking forward to seeing what happens here, actually. There's a 0.001% chance that these may be legit as they may be pulled off the production line since most of their stuff is made in China anyway, but who knows.
Well if it's from China, maybe I'll get an answer to the question I've been asking for 2 years. It's interesting how many people from the US were eager to help, but the rest of the world has a f*ck off attitude, lol.

Has everybody else cancelled their order?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, it's some Chinese company. In the likely event that nothing arrives (or the wrong product does), I'll file for my money back through eBay. I want to see if something comes before I do anything though. It shouldn't affect me getting my money back.
if it said it was in the usa but actually sending from china you should still report the lying bastard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom