Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
*raises hand*

It was too good to be true and since he's actually shipping stuff out (probably garbage) it'll be a big deal having to dispute it. But I am pretty interested in how this all plays out.
When the 200+ people who bought one all complain that they got something fake, I don't think it will be much of a fight, lol.

Reactions: Ericzander

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
When the 200+ people who bought one all complain that they got something fake, I don't think it will be much of a fight, lol.
This actually makes me think (and I am not advocating this because it's evil).

But you know how sites like 4chan arrange raids or whatever where they all do a certain thing? What's stopping a group of say 10 people (with morals turned off) from buying a legit console from a seller on eBay and then once it ships they all claim that they were scammed. Would PayPal take their side and completely screw the buyer?

Selling stuff in bulk online is intimidating.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my father bought an new gen ipod off eBay last year for my little brother. for around 30$ turns out all he got was a "bead" yeah, that's right, a bead. a tiny single green plastic bead in a plastic baggy. I feel sorry for the people who actually bought one of these systems. even if taking a risk selling WiiU for 30$?!? even if stolen 30$ is too low. why steal them risking hard time with the laaaw (Sylvester stalone -judge dredd voice) and then sell them for that low? makes no sense. I would have thought scam instantly and looked the other way. I just recently went through fraud charges on my credit card after purchasing something through my old PayPal account. I'm done with ebay/PayPal... Amazon prime ALL DAY.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What's stopping a group of say 10 people (with morals turned off) from buying a legit console from a seller on eBay and then once it ships they all claim that they were scammed. Would PayPal take their side and completely screw the buyer?

yes they will give them the refund and screw you over it's happened to me with selling phones! :angry:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use paypal credit when things look shady - doesn't hurt my pockets if its a scam :) recently got a win10 key for $35, figured i'd get ripped but was legit.

q9p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This actually makes me think (and I am not advocating this because it's evil).

But you know how sites like 4chan arrange raids or whatever where they all do a certain thing? What's stopping a group of say 10 people (with morals turned off) from buying a legit console from a seller on eBay and then once it ships they all claim that they were scammed. Would PayPal take their side and completely screw the buyer?

Selling stuff in bulk online is intimidating.
This would be classified as 'social engineering'. This would likely work, but if the seller has sellers insurance, then you have to find a way in order to get around the system. It is definitely illegal to do this.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
i use paypal credit when things look shady - doesn't hurt my pockets if its a scam :) recently got a win10 key for $35, figured i'd get ripped but was legit.
You could have bought the key I've been trying to sell for $30, then upgraded. Never mind, we already talked about that.

I used PayPal though.

Last edited by JoostinOnline,
Reactions: VashTS

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I file my complaint with eBay right now? When I hit the "Seller sent the wrong item" option, it gives me a form to return...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!