• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 7,803
  • Replies 48
  • Likes 4
D

Deleted User

OP
I wonder if the Opera team made this browser like they did on the original wii's browser.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so much for me watching my anime on the tv screen. I'm also upset about the lack of flash. The problem with HTML5 is that not enough streaming websites support it. They all still support flash. Especially sites I watch anime on.

I have a google nexus 7 and it doesn't support flash. When I visit a streaming site with a video it says "chrome for android does not support this plugin." I just find it annoying and unnecessary. If they were going to discontinue flash, then they should have waited until more websites had support for HTML5.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If they were going to discontinue flash, then they should have waited until more websites had support for HTML5.
That never works. The reason that Windows 7 still supports some DOS commands is that some companies STILL have not migrated away from 1980's software.

People are EXTREMELY hesitant to move onto new things for various reasons.

1 - It's unfamiliar, and as base animals that scares us.
"What, you're telling me I should be using this Firefox instead of the internet? I don't like it."

2 - New tools needed, meaning new money spent versus still using tools you paid for once years ago.
"What, I need to spend $900 on Flash CS5? Bullshit, I still have Flash 7 and it works just fine."

3 - Time spent training your employees in the new tools.
"You're telling me you need to spend a week of paid time not actually making anything? Bullshit, get back to work."

4 - Time spent re-making your products with new tools and getting them up to par with the old one.
"What, the NEW video player doesn't support seeking yet? What is this crap?"

Adobe has tried to mitigate the above (as, combined, they're one of the oldest computer issues in general) with Flash's new ability to export some things right to HTML5, but that still means new versions of Flash to roll out and stuff.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a google nexus 7 and it doesn't support flash. When I visit a streaming site with a video it says "chrome for android does not support this plugin." I just find it annoying and unnecessary. If they were going to discontinue flash, then they should have waited until more websites had support for HTML5.
Are you sure about that? All Android devices support flash, last I checked. You might have to manually download it from the Google Play Store

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Are you sure about that? All Android devices support flash, last I checked. You might have to manually download it from the Google Play Store
Adobe Flash for mobile has been discontinued, as far as I know.

My GS2 does have a flash player, but remember its a 1+ year device.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, a decent Nintendo browser!

Maybe they'll bring HTML5 to the 3DS as well..

Wonder if it passes acid 3..

Also, flash is basically End of Life, so, no worries there, although, exploit attack surface might have been larger had they included it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably alot better than a 660ti