1. Wildblood

Wildblood Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Argh, it's a shame. Homebrew on the Wii has some fun potential, especially for consuming media. Still, I guess a lot of it can be done cheaper with a tablet and XBMC on a Raspberry Pi. You can also get pretty creative on a tablet with buttons and the power of a Wii U behind you, but then again, hardware mods for android exist and tablets are pretty powerful anyway these days.

2. marcan_troll

marcan_troll GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If piracy were inherently impossible or very difficult (e.g. if we could re-enable Wii U hardware from vWii mode, but not the Wii U keys) then we would've released the method ages ago, period. There would have been no reason not to (regardless of whether people actually ended up interested in homebrew or not).

There's no point in holding back homebrew because we think homebrew may not succeed. The only thing tipping the scale towards "do not release" is piracy. Without piracy, it doesn't matter how vacuous the prospect of homebrew is; there'd be no reason not to try and see.

Naked_Snake, Vappy, [Truth] and 3 others like this.
  3. JiggyEyeJoe

JiggyEyeJoe Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    And life goes on. C'est la vie :unsure:

Ray Lewis likes this.
  5. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    "I COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT AN ISO LOADER"
    why not i am so sick of stupid moral fags and piracy argument Bs, piracy will come no matter what wii u key i believe will come out eventually
    and there is no way that you will have homebrew without iso loaders, so there is no point in stressing about it, release the information and let people do what they want with it, the fact is now that consoles have updateable firmware you can not seperate the 2 nobody is going to keeo their console on a low fw that is hackable only for homebrew and not be able to play the latest games ,iso or disc cause of firmware updates ,nobody is going to buy 2 consoles so they can do both, only a small # will, so no iso loader and homebrew only = instant scene death

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    oh wells....

[​IMG]

Ray Lewis likes this.
  7. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Actually, no iso loader and homebrew only drastically lowers how much a company would care about fixing the exploit that allows homebrew. That would increase the chances of Nintendo leaving the exploit in future firmware releases. We have no idea how fixable what has been found is, and if you followed along with the Wii you'd notice it appeared incredibly difficult for Nintendo to fix their problems.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States

The thing now is, is that actually plausible given the current situation of the Wii U exploit?

9. officialjunk

OP officialjunk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for posting the wiiu hack video. The slides of the talk are available here:
    http://fail0verflow.com/media/30c3-slides/

fail0verflow has also tweeted links to dl video of their presentation:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/fail0verflow/status/416739901141684224

Catch live talks including delroth's talk on the gamepad here:
    http://streaming.media.ccc.de/
    http://events.ccc.de/congress/2013/Fahrplan/events/5322.html

Video of all the talks will be available in a week or two here, once 30c3 is added:
    http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/

pelago likes this.
  10. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    Very interesting video (although i got lost at Marcan's presentation with all these PPC cache and MMU stuff)

I also love how they take time naming the various unknown part they discover, it makes you remember that the main purpose of this is "having fun", something that people should sometime not forget...

...especially when you look at the video comment and the first thing you see is TheRandomizer (or whatever nintendoxxxx nickname he is using) pathetical trolling attempt (or are you going to "redact" it too like all the hypocritical and sneaky posts you usually make on this board ?)

Schizoanalysis likes this.
  11. msaraiva

msaraiva Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Small typo, I have already corrected it. Of course I meant they WON'T help promote piracy.

I wrote warez on purpose, because that's what it is. Piracy in its "purest" form. And of course that's what you and 95% of this board wants, otherwise there would be no bitching and moaning.

They said before and Héctor came here to say it again: there's currently no way to provide a homebrew ecosystem while at the same time avoiding it's use for piracy purposes.

12. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
  13. Bladexdsl

Australia
    'eyebrow raised'

14. BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

15. Bladexdsl

Australia
    my dreams shattered yet again
    [​IMG]

16. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Addict

Ok, screw these guys. Lets wait for the bubba to post his ''information'' instead.

the_randomizer likes this.
  17. filfat

filfat Musician, Developer & Entrepreneur

Sweden
    Really interesting talk.

18. BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

You've been trolled mate, Like the rest of us http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=61120 Bubba like's to feel important on the interwebs, This is what he does to feel important... Giving people false hope & claiming to be the "Go to guy" on the latest hype.

newersumm and Thomas83Lin like this.
  19. rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  20. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

never trust anyone period. because all the examples have shown us not too (fail over flow/ four horsemen/harry/bubba). and yet you still get gba full of complete morrons that give these people/teams the time of day too fill these forums up (trolling) with people relying on these so called hackerss

Ray Lewis and rednekcowboy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - presented,