XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
need more info... seriously, u gave a terrible description...

r u turning it on and getting a blackscreen immediately?

do u have priiloader installed?

did u try putting an sd card in ur wii with the bootmii folder+files and seeing if it starts bootmii? Seriously, u think u may have bootmii installed, well this is how u check if its installed as boot2... like, wtf man, u obviously know about bootmii, and u r asking for help b4 even trying to use it (if u even have it).... I have nothing more constructive to say at the moment *bites tongue*

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
watch this vid and read the description it has instructions on how to fix bricked wii's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2xQl4TQJk

watch the vid
smile.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that video method requires u have pre/prii-loader installed for it to work, since he doesn't have priiloader, that method is useless for the OP (and the file is 100MBs... all he needs to do somehow uninstall the bad wad/channel.... even if he had priiloader installed, all he would need to do is use wad manager or ATD to delete the bad wad (which is maybe 1MB)... so there's no point to downloading all that stuff

i can think of 3 potential solutions that don't require bootmii as boot2 or priiloader

Brick Fixing Discs
-requires cios249rev14+ and either cioscorp or modchip (if u don't have these installed from beforehand, dont bother)

SDDm(Speed Demon Data management)
-requires Modchip (unless able to run games without one via recoverymenu)

or u can use an infectus mod chip to flash your nand, your wii's keys and/or nand dump required (from bootmii)... plz tell me u at least made a nand backup before u bricked ur wii...???? Although if u put in another modchip u can use the brick fixing disk instead of flashing your nand

btw, u must've only installed bootmii as IOS (otherwise u wouldn't have a problem gettign to bootmii directly)... u should have known to also install priiloader (or researched it b4 using apps with brick potential), especially if u intend on installing custom channels... u didn't have proper brick protection in place from beforehand... that's why u r in this mess now... if u had priiloader, the solution would take less than 1 minute to do

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u know I asked u more than 1 question... but since it didn't work I guess u didn't have cioscorp installed or a modchip (and u never said whether u have a nand backup or not... not that it will do u much good at this point)

i hate to say it, but this could have easily been prevented... now i'm pretty sure ur only options are to either get a modchip or send it to ninty... good luck!

if any1 knows of another brick fixing method, plz speak up, otherwise I don't think there's anymore use for this thread

ps. @OP, I would double check to make sure u dont have bootmii as boot2 (by makign sure u have the right files saved on the SD card when the wii is turned on) as it sounds like u truly have no idea how u installed it

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
When you don't have cioscorp, modchip, bootmii or preloader: You're screwed

2nd, if you take no precautions, be prepared to bite the bullet when it comes.

Send it to Nintendo, seems like your only viable option.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Prophet6000 said:
I really i didnt have a idea how installed. I do have a nand backup but all hope is lost T_T
Wait, so you DO have BootMii? If that's the case, for a 'theme brick' you need to just use it to go into the Homebrew Channel and use something like WAD Manager to reinstall your system menu.

*edit*
assuming that it's installed as Boot2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."