OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello glad to see you came into this topic now this is a new workaround that i've thought up to actually unbrick a wii console from a banner brick (Austin can verify i made this workaround and did indeed unbrick my wii via IRC aka Souls)

Workaround 1# SDDm
Does not work on Korean 003 Errored wii's

EDIT: this can be done to unbrick 4.2v wiis but you must use the workaround to input a save file for another hack besides bannerbomb aka indiana jones

I dub this workaround:SDDm(Speed Demon Data management) aka SD card -> Data management if you look at it that way

To do this method you need to have the banner brick wii (4.2v system menu or below), Modchip(unless able to run games without one via recoverymenu), backups of your Owned games no piracy remember? , a full or nearing full nand (no save blocks or barely any left)

Your nand has to be almost full so you can do this method if it is not full proceed backing up your originals or autobooting to take nand space anyway anyhow, once you are nearing less than 100 you can then use the following games to create this workaround:

Rabbids Go home (need around less than 77 blocks)
MySims Agent (96 blocks or less)
Mysims Kingdom (200 blocks or less)
Mysims racing (i think 3 blocks or less)
etc mysims games

Once you have low enough to do the workaround you will
Ex. Rabbids go home

NOTE: you may also connect with rockband/guitar hero to dl songs if you have a valid wireless/wired connection setup already for a fast fill up!

1. Start up the console booting your game of choice
2. Go to the save screen where you can choose your save file.
3. Click to install the rabbids go home channel
4. Accept till it says you do not have enough space to install this channel
5. take out the game.
6. Click go to data management
7. Congrats you've bypassed the system menu with this workaround, feel free from here to do any of the following hacks (adding saves for brawl/indiana jones/bannerbomb)

Note: Brawl can be used to see your current amount of space by making stages and saving them only till 108 spaces then it won't show you less. You can fill your nand passed 0 blocks so don't worry about over filling

Successfully unbannerbricked my 4.0v non truncha non bootmii wii
This workaround has been discovered by me aka Souls/Dbgtgoten
reply here i'll answer
I would like to say thank you for Austin and Geekboy for always talking to me during the rough banner brick times!

Workaround 2# NIP

NOTE another workaround into the data management screen has been found by me tho it might not be too appealing/might not work for banner bricks please someone test if it can run during a banner brick
2nd workaround : Fill the Nand completely full to 0 blocks and the system menu takes you to data management itself =)

Workaround 3# WIP

NOTE ANOTHER workaround into the data management screen has been found by me, It requires the game Bonsai Barber to be installed (Wiiware)!

This workaround can't be done right now but it is a work in progress, i am looking for other ways to attempt this workaround!

I am always looking for new workarounds ! so keep an eye out as i find em

ENJOY YOUR UNBRICKING WIIS

NOTE: it might be possible to change the games id title so you can dupe alot of the same saves (not tested) =)

Save game Block Usage:
GAMES:
SSBB : 128 blocks ( can do USA and PAL save separate for 256 blocks)
Drawn to life: next chapter : 77 Blocks
Mario Kart : 23 blocks
Guitar Hero world tour : 25 blocks
Pikmin : 31 blocks
Endless Ocean : 34 Blocks
Petz Crazy Monkey : 21 blocks
Quantom of Solace: 97 Blocks
Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquil : 25 blocks
Animal Crossing : City Folk : 36 blocks
MySims Kingdom : 121 blocks
MySims: 97 Blocks
Elebits: 109
Pokemon Battle Revolution: 29 blocks
Call of duty WAW: 63 blocks
Need for speed Nitro: 121 blocks
Wii Ski = 81 blocks
Simcity creator = 127 blocks
Ultimate Alliance 2 =20 blocks
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 : 120+ blocks

CHANNELS:
Rabbids Channel : 77 blocks ( can be installed once then again to cause low space data management workaround)
Mario Kart Channel: 78 Blocks
Internet Channel : 222 Blocks
Wii Fit channel: 120 blocks

More coming soon...

Last edited by Dbgtgoten,

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awesome.

clever way to enter the save menu
biggrin.gif

too bad you need an almost full NAND

im pretty sure most bannerbricked wii owners dont know how many blocks they have left.
frown.gif

wouldnt hurt to try though.

Dbgtgoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Find the most heavily costing blocks for save games some are i'd give you a list as soon as i find out just basically get your own games and run them just to save them

i will get a list of what i have soon.

Dbgtgoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yup put it up there going on my wii soon to write down the sizes of my games, i won't note any 1 -3 block games kinda pointless ^^;

Dbgtgoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i don't know much about the 003 error but as long as you can run a game any kind it should work

EDIT: if it is indeed a bad region upgrade as long as the data management part of the system menu is intact it should work and i think 003 only fucks up the system menu view so i don't see why not

EDIT#2: if anyone knows any other game saves usage please tell me =)

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
I have a wii Korean Error 003, patched Lego indiana jones to autoboot, have wiikey2, Launched from recovery menu, disc spins up and after some seconds disc just stop? whats wrong, games like pikmin, Puchout works like a charm?

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Dbgtgoten said:
Indiana jones can't autoboot then =/ random games do that its weird

When the disc stopped i ejected the disc and putted it in again, when it booted up and sad cant read disc, and i putted it out and in again, and now i have played indiana jones usa version on my Korean wii With Error 003 for 1 hour, just need to fill my nand with saves:)

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Groomery said:
Dbgtgoten said:

When the disc stopped i ejected the disc and putted it in again, when it booted up and sad cant read disc, and i putted it out and in again, and now i have played indiana jones usa version on my Korean wii With Error 003 for 1 hour, just need to fill my nand with saves:)

try using indiana pwns?

Edit: NVM....can't get to sysmenu to transfer save

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Riicky said:
Groomery said:
Dbgtgoten said:

try using indiana pwns?

Edit: NVM....can't get to sysmenu to transfer save
Thats why we shall bypass that with this hack!

Dbgtgoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
=) i am glad people can make use of my workaround , i got tired of waiting for someone else to do something so i figured out a way to unbrick myself lol!, this is the whole point of the workaround riicky =) so he can put the save file in and bam unbrick

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Yeah
wink.gif
I hope it works!

Have a new second hand Usa Wii now, but i want to see if i can unbrick my korean with Error:003:)

and i have noo idea how many blocks i have left?

can i autoboot the Pal dvd5 BRAWL DISC AND SEE?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night