Hacking Wii Sports Resort with a wii with 4.1?

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyray said:
this message is for all the people that i assume are in the same boat that i am and need a file called RZTE.dol as the alt .dol instead of RZTP.dol

some people suggested simple renaming RZTP.dol to RZTE.dol -- that did not work for me and simply brought me to a black screen of death.

I followed this procedure to attain a proper RZTE.dol file that worked perfectly with the instructions above. (RZTE apparently becomes the motion plus movie?)

used WiiScrubber to open the ISO of Wii Sports Resort.
clicked on Partition 2 to expand it.
clicked on sys to expand it.
clicked on mpls_movie to expand it
found the file called player.dol
right clicked and saved it to my hard drive
renamed player.dol to RZTE.dol and used this file in place of RZTP.dol in the instructions above.. everything worked as described.

Excellent, thank you.

unodish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to Slyray's information on how to create RZTE.dol file, I was able to create the RZTE.dol file. I'm having an issue though detecting it through SD Card. I am running neogramma R6 with 4.0U and v.14 ciso on softmod system. I have created a folder on SD card with title of neogammav6 with RZTE.dol file and boot.dot. When I launch neogamma I set the config setting to 02 fix: ON and Alternative dol: SD, and select launch game from DVD, it takes off but then states that it could not find RZTE.dol on SD. I've also tried titling the SD folder to NeoGamma Folder as suggested, but get the same results. Could anyone please suggest or point me to right direction, I've search around, and could not find out why the dol file is not being detected on SD. Also when I pop in the sport resort USA disk, I'm prompted to do update on the wii, should I run that update? I have read that it is unsafe to run updates, so I have held off on updating the system. Thanks in advance for any help.

Techno_goof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyray said:
used WiiScrubber to open the ISO of Wii Sports Resort.
clicked on Partition 2 to expand it.
clicked on sys to expand it.
clicked on mpls_movie to expand it
found the file called player.dol
right clicked and saved it to my hard drive
renamed player.dol to RZTE.dol and used this file in place of RZTP.dol in the instructions above.. everything worked as described.

Worked perfectly! Now I need to go get a second Motion adapter, lol.

Thanks!

Revrat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I officialy throw in the towel.

I have read everything on this board, tried every recomended version of firmware. Tried both USB Loader and Neogamma, I have tried the alt-dol file in various locations, 002 fix yes and no, tried forcing various video settings, tried both PAL version and NTSC and all with no luck. just a black screen after it says it loaded the alt-dol. I can get every other game I have tried to load just fine but this one has me beat.

4.1 firmware
USA Wii w/wii2pro mod

Slyray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unodish said:
Thanks to Slyray's information on how to create RZTE.dol file, I was able to create the RZTE.dol file. I'm having an issue though detecting it through SD Card. I am running neogramma R6 with 4.0U and v.14 ciso on softmod system. I have created a folder on SD card with title of neogammav6 with RZTE.dol file and boot.dot. When I launch neogamma I set the config setting to 02 fix: ON and Alternative dol: SD, and select launch game from DVD, it takes off but then states that it could not find RZTE.dol on SD. I've also tried titling the SD folder to NeoGamma Folder as suggested, but get the same results. Could anyone please suggest or point me to right direction, I've search around, and could not find out why the dol file is not being detected on SD. Also when I pop in the sport resort USA disk, I'm prompted to do update on the wii, should I run that update? I have read that it is unsafe to run updates, so I have held off on updating the system. Thanks in advance for any help.

as far as i know, the folder must be named "NeoGamma"

that is what worked for me. def not "neogammav6" and not "NeoGamma Folder". good luck.

dooglax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help
in NeoGamma, i set the 002 fix, the alt dol and ntsc since its pal and im in the us
im able to watch the little video and the wii restarts but when i try to load up the game again without the alt dol, all i get is a green screen
any help would be appreciated!
im on rev 14 and loading off usb

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dooglax said:
I need some help
in NeoGamma, i set the 002 fix, the alt dol and ntsc since its pal and im in the us
im able to watch the little video and the wii restarts but when i try to load up the game again without the alt dol, all i get is a green screen
any help would be appreciated!
im on rev 14 and loading off usb

Look here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

jettwinlock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the past 2 days straight I have been trying to get wii sports resort to work I have been all over doing every work around i can think of and it won't go beyond a black screen and my wii starts making a noise and i have turn it off to reset.

This is my set up I don't use any USB loader at the moment as i like the discs and I don't have any Harddrives to use like this, I will pry switch but not anytime soon and I have friends who get my games, as well so i burn multiple discs. I am not a noob as I have been doing these games for awhile.

Set up

Neogamma R7 RC4 Iso 249 Rev14 -- this is from the HBC on the Sdcard
I also have Neogamma R4 Rev14 on Disc Channel
I have 4.1- after I set up 4.0 from clean source, and before that I had 3.2.
Every game i have works fine after this set up except Wii Sports Resort

The biggest difference between these two that I notice was the Anti 002 fix is missing on R7 and not my R4 not sure why just figured it was normal.

I am using the movie file .dol method as it was explained and it says it loads but I don't see any movie. I tried both Neogamma's and no results. I keep getting a black screen and it looks like it's tryng to read the disc and keeps making wierd noises.

I updated all the iso, I tend to do this, but maybe I missed some, i have been burning games for awhile so I don't think I made a bad copy otherwise i wouldn't have seen so many problems with this.

Before I start messing around will all the ISo's again I just want to know if my set up is right or if I have something wrong or if I am missing an ISO I never knew about that I somehow need to play this game.

I am just afraid if I start messing with all these Iso that I will brick or mess up the setting so I can't play any of the game I already have.

Anyhelp would be great.

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get the game to play with neogamma R6 and a burned disk and it does not work. I downloaded a player.dol which i renamed RZTP.dol and put in a neogamma folder on the root of my sd card. Then i changed the options in the backup launcher. I can't see the wm+ video.

Anybody can help?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my solution:

1st install softmii on 4.1 look at ultimate update thingy guide(just that it can read backups from diskchannel!)

2nd. have an copy of your region mine is pal on an dvd and lets play the game!

(Ive tested it by myself I first had softmii on 3.2 then updated ect.)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sephiran said:
my solution:

1st install softmii on 4.1 look at ultimate update thingy guide(just that it can read backups from diskchannel!)

2nd. have an copy of your region mine is pal on an dvd and lets play the game!

(Ive tested it by myself I first had softmii on 3.2 then updated ect.)

Why that heavy messing with the system?

cIOS + loader from sd card(for example NeoGamma) + alternative dol loading from disc ONCE ==> after this you can play the game with MOST regular methods

BR4INsick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT- I'm on 4.1U firmware

OK, so i been looking everywhere on the net trying to get this game to work.

This is how i got it to work, hopefully it will help someone out.

1) i installed cIOS38

* You need to get the alt-dol file from the Wii Sports Resort ISO. (NTFS USA version for me)

2) Open Wii Scrubber (v131), LOAD Wii Sport Resort ISO and expand partition2>sys >mpls_movie and right click on player.dol >extract.

3) Save and Rename the Player.dol file to RZTE01.dol on the root of your SD

4) run USB Loader GX then load the Wii Sports Resort with #002 fix and alt-dol ON.
-> wii motion plus movie should play. (about 3 mins), then restart wii by pressing A

5) run USB Loader GX again, this time turning #002 to "ON" and alt-dol OFF.

Good luck, hope this helped.

*EDIT, for some reason it loads when the wii is turned on for the first time. If you try to play another game first using USB Loader GX then try to play Wii Sports Resort, it will stay at a black screen.

motleypixel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I don't know wth version of anything i'm on except that the wii firmware is 4.1U...I'm using wii gator bu loader or something like that and my boys have about 15 games they load off disc with bu launcher just fine...about 2 months ago i ran into an issue with my sims racing...tried to get it to work but couldn't and the system is the same...i give up trying to fix it further.

my question is, with our 15 or so working bu games what will happen if i buy wii sports resort and play it? i assume it will say it needs to update the system...if i do will it break my current bu launcher?

thanks,
lex

hippyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arg! Urge to kill, rising!
hate2.gif

Ive done it all, upgraded to 4.1E, installed the new Cios Rev 14. Ripped the alt dol file, put it in my neogamma folder (on the root of the SD). Select 002 fix, alt dol & try to launch from DVD.

Nothing but a black screen!

Tried Cios Rev 13b, no dice. Tried other loaders, no dice.
wacko.gif

If ive read all the threads properly, the problem is that WSR forces you to watch a vid, then creates a save on the wii to say you've seen said vid. Is this correct?

If so is there anyway anyone can up the save file in question so maybe i can trick my wii into thinking ive viewed said movie??

Anyone, Bueller?

toliman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this worked for me as well, though, had to rename to RTZP01.dol , for the PAL version.

i initially thought i'd copied it over wrong, since it only comes to 900mb or so,

so, i read through a bit and updated all the apps on the SD card, I also updated to the latest CIOS rev 14, and USB Loader GX, without much drama.

Revrat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck for me with a loader. The backup disk actualy plays just fine since i switched to a Memorex DVD-R but no matter what combos I try from the loaders it's always a black screen. I'm on the latest firmware with the latest 249R14

Revrat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can finally report success!. It was bad images all along and had nothing to do with all the settings I was trying. I finally burned the game to some new Memorex DVD-R disks and not only did it copy much much faster it worked. I would say if you are in a situation like me where you are getting nothing but black screens no matter what you try, try a new brand of disk or try taking the ISO straight to the hard drive with w WFSB copier on your PC.

paulmd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do any/all of these methods work with a retail version of the game?
I'm currently on 3.1U and have a retail version. As far as I can tell, my only option is to update to 4.1 and use one of these methods to get it working. Is that correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto