Hacking Wii Sports Resort with a wii with 4.1?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You are able to start the game without wm+? Lol.

And how's the gameplay with that? Is ANYTHING actually playable in the game?

dylan666

Trophies
XP
Country
chillta said:
hello there. Since noone seems to get to change the language, could this be the solution?

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77757

does anybody know if this languagechanger works with newer games?

Do you guys all play wii sports resort in spanish?

I had the same problem.
That ISO is not multi-language and has been modified or damaged.
Use another ISO of that game
wink.gif

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi:

I have a question - from what I was reading - if you run the game from the original disc the first time, then you dont have to do the alt.dol thing? Or do you still have to do that?

mchl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newbie in this. Inserted Wii Sport Resort backup on disc for the 1st time and accidentally updated the system. Off-course WSR is not working cause I have an older version of Backup Launcher but other backup games are still working fine. However, my Wii Setting menu is screwed!!! It says some sort of an error appearing on a web browser and I'm totally lost not knowing what to do. Please help!!!

chillta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FifaForLife said:
... cIOS Rev 13 Also Must Be Required.

Also works with Rev 10.

QUOTE(pizzaman2893 @ Aug 7 2009, 10:32 PM) yeah I'm still confused here. what firmware does my wii have to be to play the game?

Should work with any System Version as long as you get the loaders and wanikokos or hermes stuff to work.

westcoastloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I got the PAL Wii Sports Resort to install on my USB drive NTSC console and it loads great using NeoGamma R6. I am very happy. But there is a thorn in my ass. I load all my games from the front Wii menu using wad installer channels. I can create the Wii Sports Resort channel but it goes to a black screen every time I try to launch. Can anyone help?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slyray said:
this message is for all the people that i assume are in the same boat that i am and need a file called RZTE.dol as the alt .dol instead of RZTP.dol

some people suggested simple renaming RZTP.dol to RZTE.dol -- that did not work for me and simply brought me to a black screen of death.

I followed this procedure to attain a proper RZTE.dol file that worked perfectly with the instructions above. (RZTE apparently becomes the motion plus movie?)

used WiiScrubber to open the ISO of Wii Sports Resort.
clicked on Partition 2 to expand it.
clicked on sys to expand it.
clicked on mpls_movie to expand it
found the file called player.dol
right clicked and saved it to my hard drive
renamed player.dol to RZTE.dol and used this file in place of RZTP.dol in the instructions above.. everything worked as described.
finally a simple explanation
DO NOT USE MAIN.dol WHEN EXTRACTING FROM WII SCRUBBER. use player.dol from above
but for me i didnt need RZTE.dol i needed the normal RZTP.dol.
it took me an hour trying to make this game work be4 i found this guys post.
the game works like normal and u have to turn alt dol off after the intro vid.
thnx slyray

oh i also have ciosrev14 idk why you guys need 13a or b or whatever

lol^^

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
How to get Wii Sports Resort working(disc/sd/usb on softmods, will work for hardmodded Wiis too, but would be kind of pointless to do it this way on these):
1. Get NeoGamma:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884
2. Run NeoGamma from HBC
3. Select alternative .dol loading from disc
4. Start the game
5. Select the .dol that is NOT the main.dol
6. Watch all movies
7. The Wii will crash/reboot
8. Set NeoGamma back to no alternative .dol loading
9. Use your preferred method to play the game

If you get an error, freeze or reboot AFTER step 5, you may have the wrong cIOS and/or wrong settings. The game does not like it if you force the video mode. To solve cIOS "question", install rev13a:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307
(link is somehwere hidden inside)

PS: I do not have the game, so there might be an error in this guide
Confirmed that this works on NeoGamma R7. Thanks!

kedirakevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guys, i found a fix...... at least it works for me....

Install IOS55-64-v4633.wad throught WAD Manager v1.5

Im running 4.1USA, Cios Rev14, Neogamma R7, Preloader 0.29

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
memevertical said:
It keeps asking me for the Wii Motion Plus, I thought it was necesary but someone said you can play it without it, is it true?

Have you inserted the Motion Plus correctly?
And no, you absolutely have to have the Motion Plus to play this game. Without it, it won't even boot.

kurdt_the_goat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

I recently updated my Wii using the simplistic guide, which worked beautifully.
In preloader, i have enabled all the hacks for my system, which is running 4.1E.

I have a Japanese RETAIL version of Wii Sports Resort, and it is not recognized in the disc channel, despite the "Region free Wii games" hack being enabled.
On a whim, i tried loading it using NeoGamma R7 as well and with default settings, it recognized the game, attempts to load and then restarts my Wii.
To be honest i'm not sure if NeoGamma can load retail versions?

Anyway, does anyone know what i should do to get it working?
Will any of the guides in this thread work.. they're all suited to a backup version of the game, so i wasn't sure....?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT
Ok, on reading around i decided to install IOS 53, 55 and 57, which DOP-IOS was reporting i didn't have at all.
Now, the game is still not recognized in the disc channel...
But, with NeoGamma R7 default settings, loaded fine! I played twice and the intro video didn't repeat.. so all is well i guess?
I still have no idea why it's not appearing in the disc channel though...
I've since tried other PAL Official Wii games, multiple backups wii discs, NTSC Official GCN and they all work fine in disc channel still.

So, if anyone might have something to add i'm still interested in hearing it!

finch9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using configurable usb loader

I changed the 002 fix to yes, and add alt dol to sd.
When it tryes to load i get alternative .dol:
sd:/usb-loader/rzte.dol
not found.

I ejected the sd card and checked that is is in sd/usb-loader.

I have tried neogamma but i get sd error when attempting this.
Not sure if this will also help but when trying to download covers i get Error:sd:/ is not accessible.

I know the sc card is working other wise i wouldn't be able to load the usb loaders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shep

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I'm having problems playing sports resort through usb loader gx or neogamma 6/7. I've got a pal retail version of the game and it runs fine via the disc (wii is at 4.1e).

I've loaded the game onto usb but when I attempt to play through either usb loader gx (latest version) or negamma 6 or neogamma 7 all I get is a black screen. The wii remote vibrates and beeps a couple of times as if the game was about to load but I get nothing but a black screen. I've got 002 error fix on and tried the alt-dol from sd and disc method to no avail (I've deleted the saved game I'd created when I played it through disc first before trying the alt dol method).

All other games I've got run fine through usb loader gx (albeit with 002 fix on for most of them).

I've got the latest cIOS v14 installed. I've also tried forcing Pal50 and Pal60 in the video mode setting.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been searching the forums for the last few days but not come up with anything....

cheers

abangiyan

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
WiiPower said:
How to get Wii Sports Resort working(disc/sd/usb on softmods, will work for hardmodded Wiis too, but would be kind of pointless to do it this way on these):
1. Get NeoGamma:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884
2. Run NeoGamma from HBC
3. Select alternative .dol loading from disc
4. Start the game
5. Select the .dol that is NOT the main.dol
6. Watch all movies
7. The Wii will crash/reboot
8. Set NeoGamma back to no alternative .dol loading
9. Use your preferred method to play the game

If you get an error, freeze or reboot AFTER step 5, you may have the wrong cIOS and/or wrong settings. The game does not like it if you force the video mode. To solve cIOS "question", install rev13a:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307
(link is somehwere hidden inside)

PS: I do not have the game, so there might be an error in this guide

i can't run neogamma r7 from hbc? any idea what is wrong? i tried the wad version, it still give me blank screen and all wiimote indicator lamp is blinking
any solution?

"i have menu 4.0u"

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ffs nobody has stated what a ALTERNATE DOL is!! what is it and where do you get it and then where do you put it????

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok i know what it is know i have my iso opened up in Wii Scrubber but i cant find the Wii Sports Resort alternate dol??? i heard its player.dol but i cant find it?? please help this doing my head in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1